I was speaking at a conference held at this hotel, which has a conference center attached to it. Admittedly, I was not expecting much from a Ramada Inn except basic motel facilites. I was first placed in a room directly adjacent to the indoor pool. The door of the room was literally 12 feet from the pool, which was full of adult
men loudly playing some sort of game of tag. The room had no windows other than the large picture window next to the door that faced directly to the pool a few feet away. With the curtain closed, it was
pitch black. After waiting at the front desk for several miutes, the clerk appeared. I asked for a new room not near the pool and with a window to the outside. He obliged, but seemed astounded I did not want to be right beside the pool. As I opened the door to this second
room, I was greeted by a blast of hot air. The heat was on 85 despite
the pleasant, unseasonably warm 70 degree weather. I turned off the heat, and attempted to turn on the A/C. It did not work. I called the
front desk, and they promised to send the engineer to fix it. About an hour later, no repairman had appeared. As I was leaving for dinner, I stopped at the desk and again asked that the A/C be fixed, since it was incredibly hot in the room. The clerk said he would get right on it. Upon returning from dinner, I entered the room and the A/C was working. However, the electrical smell was overpowering. I figured it would go away after a while. After an hour, the smell was still pouring from the A/C unit and I called the desck again to change rooms. The clerk said he would meet me at the new room with the key. I went to the new room and waited with my luggage for 20 minutes. No clerk. Finally, I slepped my luggage back to the front desk (which involved a long walk across a parking lot). The clerk handed me the key to the room and seemed to have forgotten that he was supposed to meet me at the room. This final room was adequate and had no problems. However, I was astounded by the inattentive staff, the constant wait for a desk clerk to appear at the front desk even in the middle of the day, etc. Stay somewhere else is my advice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently revamped our breakfast for the weekends and it will be 9.99 plus tax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Conference Center State College Hotel State College
- Ramada Inn And Conference Center State College
- Ramada Inn State College
- Ramada State College
- State College Ramada