“As all the excellent reviews already said”

Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Most of what's awesome about the Clarion Historic Strasburg Inn has already been covered. It's all true. This time we stayed in one of the two king jacuzzi rooms. It's really a suite - the jacuzzi has it's own dedicated room. Very nice. It did take a while to fill so plan ahead (hit the well equipped exercise room while waiting ;-) I don't know what kind of hot water heater they have but I want one! The Fireside Tavern is on the premises but apparently independently owned and operated. Great meals and a fabulous bar but I wish it was opened longer hours (it closed at 9 on the night we stayed). Best "continental" breakfast, and served in a marvelous sun room. I want one of those too! Might be easier to just come back to the Strasburg Inn again and again which we plan to do.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your visit at our hotel. We are pleased you had a great experience and look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our fourth year in a row staying here at the Historic - my husband and I live about 45 minutes away and we enjoy the establishment, the surrounds, and shopping and dining nearby. For clean and homey rooms, a quiet country atmosphere, and a hearty breakfast, you can't beat the value. Staff is courteous and pleasant as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We take pride when ewe can provide a great stay to our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

When my wife and I ate here we used a value coupon and could tell that was what warranted the less than par attitude of our server. We overheard the specials offered to other diners and truly felt that my wife and I were second class citizens. I vowed to my wife when we left there that we would never return for their humiliation of us. I sure hope that they have changed the way they treat their diners.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jdrobel2014
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. I am sorry your experience at the restaurant was not enjoyable. Clarion is not associated with the restaurant but we will be glad to forward your concern to the owners. Again I apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 11 year old grandson this past Friday night. My husband and I loved the quietness of the area, and our grandson loved being able to go outside and run and play right outside of our room in the fresh air and grass. The room was perfect; very clean and had a refrigerator, microwave, and free WIFI. I loved the extra vanity area outside of the bathroom, made things easier for us all to shower faster. In the evening my husband and grandson enjoyed playing a game of chess in the hotel lobby. Free coffee in the lobby was a nice bonus, and the breakfast that is included in the price of the room was perfect. Something for everyone! The staff was super friendly and made our stay perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.. We are surrounded by amish countryside with all attractions minutes away. We are excited that you had an enjoyable time and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel was recommended to my family, and I am so glad it was. The staff is very courteous, the breakfast is delicious and offers a wide variety, the surrounding fields are very relaxing, and the rooms are very comfortable. Last time I stayed, we had a balcony room. Admittedly, the woodwork on the balcony could use a little sprucing up, but we didn't end up spending much time out there anyway, and the rest of the room was great. I have stayed at several hotels around Lancaster county, and I like this one the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We are a historic hotel with old fashioned decor. We are surrounded by pristine amish countryside. Our rooms are spacious and offer a clean comfortable stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Large spacious room with 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, 2 separate vanity area, great WIFI and strong shower. My room was clean to my satisfaction the area was quiet and I loved everything about the location and charm. This is the best location if you are going to Sight and Sound.

Restaurant and bar located on property away from the rooms and it is very popular and great food also.

This is an INN and not a HOTEL...It is suited for the historic location and charm of Amish Country. It is not gleamingly modern but quaint and simple. If that is not your taste that's fine but I think it is unfair to tell the world that it is NOT a hotel because it clearly says INN in the name and its not trying to be anything else.

Room Tip: This hotel has no elevators and is not required to have one. Rooms are available on 1st and 2nd floo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are a historic hotel surrounded by amish countryside. We boast many fine attributes. Each room has its own decor and charm. We look forward to your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you value your money at all, you won't spend it here. Utterly disappointing. Dirty, in disrepair, and outdated. From cobwebs in the doorways to mildew in the shower to crusty boogers on the wall, we saw it all! We purchased through Hotwire, so maybe they just save the grody rooms for the people getting the "deals"? I guess you have to decide if that's a chance you want to take. The bed was relatively comfortable and the bathroom countertops were updated, but the rest of the decor was pretty bad and furniture was in poor shape. We paid around $100 for the night, and I would say we overpaid by about $40.

1  Thank Dest S

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you did not bring your concerns to my attention. I assure you none of our rooms are in the condition you have described. We are a historic hotel and our rooms are clean and comfortable. All rooms are inspected prior to arrival and if your room was not up to standard we would have made it right. We appreciate your business and would welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hershey Farm Inn
Hershey Farm Inn
#2 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn? Share your experiences!