“Pet Friendly”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
White Plains, New York
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is the 2nd time we stayed at the Clarion Inn. Friendly service, very clean rooms, reasonable price, and a convenient location. It is located close to the Sight and Sound Theater and it faces a beautiful farmland. They also have a complementary breakfast. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: South rooms are quieter.
1 Thank GogRiCh
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We are pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed one of our pet friendly rooms. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel. The views are breathtaking. My room was very comfortable and the pillows were great. At other hotels I've stayed in there is usually 3 pillows at the most. They had 4 pillows per bed. The room was very clean with plenty of closet space. The only thing that might be a minus (at least in the room I stayed in), would be that the A/C made a lot of noise. I wanted to make mention of the front desk staff in particular Sue. When I called to make the reservation, she was most accommodating in making sure that I was booked for a 1st floor room. I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Call the hotel if you need special accommodations, such as first floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you had a great stay. We know there are many choices in hotels and we thank you for showing your appreciation for our historic hotel in the amish countryside. We look forward to your next visit.
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were told our room would be ground level and suitable for a person with limited ability. Instead it required using a flight of steps. Not bad, but don't lie about access.

Our room was in advanced disrepair; vanity was propped up with 2x2's, closet door was off it's hinges, broken down chair had torn / worn out upholstery. It had an overall dingy appearance. The air conditioner worked, but sounded like freight train - all night. I killed just one bug, but I could sense he had friends

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. I regret you did not let us know you were unhappy with your room. All our rooms are clean comfortable rooms that have old fashion furnishings. We have many room types and each room has its own style of decor. Had you let us know we would have moved you to a different room type. We hope you would revisit us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

long island
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed here for one night with my teen son. The best thing about this place is the beautiful location facing gorgeous farmland. The rooms are in a variety of buildings and I imagine they can vary quite a bit. My room was OK, pretty clean and furnished with colonial style furnishings some which appeared to have been broken and amateurishly repaired. The bedding appeared to be new and clean. The mattresses were completely covered with new looking casings. The bathroom was OK the tub appeared worn. The window coverings, I think shutters, did not block out the light. The common areas, (reception area, hallways) were not particularly attractive or clean looking. The restaurant on the premises looked very nice but we did not use it. I did get a decent nights sleep and paid a reasonable price but I am not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We are pleased you had a great stay. We are a hisitoric hotel and many furnishing reflect the colonial period of our past. We offer clean comfortable rooms at a great value. We invite you back for another great stay.
Westborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very good breakfast selection that was included with the room rate. Nice area. Beds were comfortable. We were able to check-in early and then go to the 2:45 Sight and Sound Theatre show. David and Steve's Fireside Tavern located next door was very good for dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2013eastcoaster
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We are pleased you had a great stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

...paid extra for a pet room that was more accommodating for a dog owner vs cat owner. It was exterior room on ground level. When I checked in, I explained my concern about kitten getting out and although the ladies at front desk were very nice, one told me to leave him in whatever he rides in car in and the other one suggested locking him in bathroom when we went out. This was only option, since I did not want my kitten escaping in PA, and what's the point in bringing him if he would be locked in carrier while we went to shows?! The kitten wasn't too happy, he is usually not so confined when we travel. I didn't get a pet tag like I saw on other doors, they told me to put the do not disturb card in our lock when we went out. The room was just average and like several other reviewers here, I think it could have been cleaner! The carpet was stained, the caulking on tub was pretty grubby looking (moldy?), linens smelled clean but had rusty stains on some of the pillow cases, and the mirror over the desk was covered with smudges. A fresh coat of paint would do wonders! Although the historic brick sidewalks were cool, they were pretty tricky to walk on. I stubbed my toe pretty good on step up into our room. Saturday night was a wedding and parking lot was jammed to capacity. People were parked all over the place, we observed one man coming out in shorts to move his car to a legal spot. He wasn't too happy!

The GOOD....Staff was very nice, allowed us to check in about 90 minutes ahead of time. Pillows and bed were comfortable. Views from the property were awesome, the pretty Amish countryside. Breakfast was done nicely and was chock full of selections from fruit and yogurt to make your own waffles! Enjoyed sitting in one of the gazebos talking with my cousin and her husband who met us there on Friday night.

I'm honestly not sure that we'd stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. We are very concious of our guests with pets to ensure the safety of both staff , other guests and the pet. We will not enter pet friendly rooms unless guest is able to remove pet for room cleaning. Pets are frightened of vacuum cleaners and strangers so we must ask guests to understand are concerns.
We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and appreciate all feedback for improvements.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I liked the fact that this did not feel like a hotel room. The room had colored walls, white trim and chair-rails, regular windows with wooden blinds, old style dresser with flat screen tv, a dark green old fashioned high backed chair, a floor lamp and even the beds were older style. The beds were comfy. Liked that they give everyone two pillows! Clean. The lobby had real old wood floors and the grounds just had a charm about them. The breakfast was great! Loved the fact that we had sausage, omlettes, french toast, two types of make your own wafffles with a amish buggy imprint (what a nice idea), many juices, cereals, great chocolate muffins, and lots of pastry type items. Really worth the price paid.

1 Thank tamalePittsburgh
Thank you for your visit to our hotel. We appreciate your business and are pleased you had a great stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,861 reviews
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn? Share your experiences!