“location b&b”

Ranked #4 of 4 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Gloucester, Virginia
“location b&b”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

A B&B on top of a Creamery, infront of a Winery, beside a Bakery. Throw in a central location and what more could you ask for. The inn is in Strasburg so it isn't more than 20 miles to anything you want to see in Amish Lancaster County. Had a beautifully decorated room with a canopied 4 poster bed and a porch to sit out on. Breakfast was served in the creamery and was nicely done. One morning was French toast and bacon, the next ws a westrenomlet.My only dappointment was the baked goods were store bought packaged goods. What a disappointment in Amish country where everything is home made.

Room Tip: one room only has a porch one room is for young couples with tubs and huge shower
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jody-17579, General Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Inn. We couldn't agree more that having a country store, deli, creamery, candy kitchen, wine tasting room and bakery all on the same property makes staying here like being in your own little village! And, within a block's walking distance, you can find a thrift boutique, a bank, a florist, a tea shoppe and even a barber!

I appreciate that you were disappointed in our store-bought pastries served at breakfast. It is our desire that our guests will get their fill of our fresh-cooked breakfast featuring farm-fresh eggs, thick-sliced bacon, etc. and so we choose to focus on those items and consider our pastries to be an 'appetizer' or 'dessert' to the breakfasts that we offer. Homemade baked goods, while yummy, would make many of our guests too full to enjoy our hot breakfast!

We hope you will consider the Strasburg Village Inn for your future visits to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I've never stayed at an inn or a B&B before so I took a stab at a B&B from an online list lots of possibilities listed on padutchcountry.com. I am so glad we booked this place. We got there a little before 5 and found the lobby closed but there was a note taped to the front door with my name on it. The note told me there was an envelope in the mailbox beside the door that contained instructions for getting to our room. It was quite the adventure! The inn was very nicely decorated, there was coffee, tea and 2 kinds of fudge in an upstairs common area sitting room. The room wasn't large but it was roomy enough for the 3 of us. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. In the morning we went downstairs to the adjacent restaurant and we given a hearty and yummy breakfast. My first B&B experience was a very good one and I hope any future visits will be as good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jody-17579, Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
We're so glad that your first Inn/B&B experience was a positive one! Because B&Bs and Inns are smaller properties, they can give an extra bit of attention to detail that larger lodging properties are unable to do. In our case, it's making sure that our bedding is clean and comfortable, that our bathrooms are spacious, and that you get a nice, hot breakfast in the morning.

We hope you'll consider the Strasburg Village Inn for your future stays in the Lancaster County area.
Northampton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I'll start by saying it took me quite some time over the last few weeks to surf the web and commit to booking our overnight stay in the Lancaster area for our trip this past weekend. We were seeing the Celtic Woman in Concert at AMT and I was excited to have selected the Strasburg Village Inn, to try out my first B&B experience.

LOCATION: I was quite pleased with the location and the historic ambience of Main Street, Strasburg. Loved seeing and hearing the Amish horse and buggies clanking down the road. FIRST IMPRESSION: Jody, the Inn Keeper was very inviting, friendly and conversational upon our entry to the Inn. (I am a social butterfly so this was a great first impression for me.) ROOM: We stayed in Room #3 - very clean, pretty and spacious (my husband is a 4+-5 star hotel preferrer so to get his smile and blessing on my reservation decision was a plus). Loved the private bath - though we did not use the suggested jetted bathtub as the jets are discolored with what appeared to be pink soap scum. BREAKFAST: (must take a deep breath)... There is a connecting door from the B&B to the Inn's Creamery that is to be unlocked for the B&B guests to enter through from 8am-9am. So excitingly we woke up to get ready for breakfast, I popped my morning presciptions that I take daily a 1/2 hour before breakfast and we scurried on downstairs about 8:05am. HOW WAS BREAKFAST AT THE CREAMERY YOU ASK?? ... that's what I'm wondering too! THERE WAS NO BREAKFAST! My husband and I waited until 9am and no one ever came. (The Inn Keeper does not stay on the premise and there was no number to call to inform of this. The front desk phone is blinking with messages, and there is signage to call 911 in an Emergency. For Non-Life Threatening Emergencies call ######. We debated with another couple on how to interpret that?) Needless to say in a fury, we left, unchartered and in search for somewhere to eat. We pulled into the FIRST restaurant seen - Hershey Farm Restaurant - and paid about $21 (it is a buffet so you don't have a menu to select ala carte pricing). On the way back we stopped at an Amish furniture store and still distraught about the whole breakfast fiasco, I asked my husband to leave me to shop, and for he to go back to the Inn to pack our things and check-out without me. My husband shared that Jody greeted him immediately with an apology and said there was a mix up with the scheduling, adding that she took the liberty of crediting $15.00 to our credit card (will check on that). He told her our 'self sought' breakfast cost us $21.00. Her reply was, well the breakfast at the Inn's Creamery would not have cost you $21.00. I UNDERSTAND MISTAKES HAPPEN, BUT A BED AND BREAKFAST NOT SERVING ITS GUESTS BREAKFAST... WELL THAT IS A POOR BUSINESS DISASTER!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila Y
Jody-17579, Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
I cannot begin to tell you how distressed all of us still are over the unfortunate mistake made by an employee in reading the work schedule and not showing up until 8:55 on Saturday morning to serve a breakfast we tell our guests is available between 8 and 9 each morning. While it was an honest mistake, we regret that it caused a negative impact on you as our guests.

The attendant for breakfast had arrived on property just 5 minutes before our 'last chance' for breakfast, and was profusely apologizing to the couple who had also waited for breakfast when I came in. She quickly scurried around to make them each the breakfast of their choosing as a way to try and compensate for making them wait. They seemed satisfied with that resolution.

We have never had this kind of thing happen before, and I immmediately know that the right thing to do was to compensate the guests who went out for breakfast in a dollar amount that was fair for what breakfast for two would have cost in any of the sit-down restaurants within a mile of the Inn (there are three sit-down options - J.J.'s Restaurant, the Red Caboose Restaurant and Katie's Kitchen).

In an attempt to be proactive in showing our genuine concern for this error, we credited your credit card account, without waiting for you to ask us to compensate you, for an amount that would have more than provided two people a full-hot breakfast at any of these sit-down restaurants. While we respect that the first restaurant you SAW was Hershey Farms, indeed you had passed the sign for J.J.'s Restaurant before arriving at Hershey Farms.

If we thought an additional $6.00 refund would change your perception or "make it right" , it would gladly be offered. Respectfully, we understand that his mistake on our part left you with a very poor last impression, regardless of your first impression, and believe that we won't be able to satisfy you in any way that can make your negative perception be erased.

We can only apologize again and tell you how much we wish would could change what happened so that your stay was nothing but positive.

Thank you for sharing your feelings with other review readers and for giving us this additional opportunity to tell you how sorry we are.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn last August (2012) for a two-night stay, and cannot complain at all about our experience there. We had not been in the Lancaster area before, and not in a B&B for a long time, and the manager Jody Osborne was just amazing in tending to all our needs during our stay. Her sincere service mentality combined with the very pretty building that the Inn is in, added up to a very comfortable and relaxing time for us.

We stayed in Room 8 (queen-sized bed and a double bed), and it was all we could have ever wanted: very pretty and quaint, and quiet and clean. And cool, too, with very good A/C for he hot PA heat. The staff in the Creamery served us a very nice breakfast with a very pleasant attitude, and we also bought some rich and very smooth Double Dark Chocolate Fudge from them, as well.

There is a sign in the Inn lobby that says "Enter as Strangers, Leave as Friends." Anyone can say those words, but Jody and the Inn staff backed it up with their genuine personalities and service. We really felt so welcomed and that the place really was like a home for us.

The Inn's location is supreme, as well, right in the centre of Strasburg, and only a few minutes away from the Sight and Sound Theatre.

We would not hesitate to recommend the Village Inn to anyone, and hope to be back one day.

From: Toronto, ON, Canada

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Inn back in August! We are privileged to read your positive comments, and I will share them with the staff both here at the Inn and next door at the Creamery.

We're always thrilled when someone is able to feel our mission statement of "Enter as strangers. Leave as friends." We realize there are a lot of lodging choices in the area, and we always want our guests to feel more like part of our family. We have a unique product with our historic building, but we always hope that our guests remember as much about how we made them feel during their stay as they do about the room decor. Sounds like we succeeded!

Again, we appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you come stay with us again!
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Right in downtown in small town of Strasburg, which has more original brick colonial buildings I think I have ever seen. We were met at the front desk by very friendly lady who showed us our room and explained how to get hold of someone in case of a problem. The room was very cozy, huge bathroom and its own heater/AC controls. Free wifi, fudge, k-cups. Come and go as you please well worth the price. ice cream, general store, pizza, and winery really close by.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Jody O, General Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Inn. The fact that you wrote your review over 8 months after your stay leads us to believe that you had a positive experience with us that is still on your mind all of this time later.

We're so glad it was us whom you chose for your first B&B type experience. It appears that you appreciated being able to get away from the "cookie cutter" experience of hotel chains and discover unique ambiance. We're especially glad you were pleased with our guest service, the condition of your guest room, and the extra amenities provided to help make your stay enjoyable. And yes, having the other vendors - ice cream, country store, bakery, winery - on the same corner makes it a lot of fun to explore our little "town within a town".

We hope you'll consider coming back to visit us again. We'd love to have you!
Matawan,New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We celebrated our 55th wedding anniversary at the Inn, and it was a perfect choice for us. When we arrived Miranda took us to our room. Their was a lovely note and poem on the door congratulating us on our anniversary. We were in room 6 with the canopy bed. The room was very clean and comfortable. In the morning, at breakfast in the Creamery, we found another note on our table wishing us a happy anniversary. The staff is very friendly, and then we met Jody. She sang Happy Anniversary to us, which was so sweet of her! We spoke with Jody for quite a while and we found that we met a new friend. All in all, we would certainly recommend the Strasburg Village Inn and we will be back!

Room Tip: Room#6 wtih the Canopy Bed!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twinsandone
Jody O, General Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
It was so much fun for our staff to make a big deal about your anniversary, and being married to the same person for 55 years IS a big deal! What an honor for us to be the place you choose to celebrate such a milestone!

Thank you for your kind comments both inside our in-house guest book and through this review. Once again, our mission statement has come true: Enter as strangers. Leave as friends. You did indeed make new friends, at the Strasburg Village Inn and at the Strasburg Country Store & Creamery, and we're looking forward to your return visit. We just hope you don't wait another 55 years!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed one night here with my husband and 2 year old son. We received a warm welcome from Jody, who showed us around and helped us to our room. The room (#8) was very clean and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the sitting area on the 2nd floor which included coffees, teas, and chocolate! The breakfast in the attached creamery was outstanding. It was a made to order egg casserole and pancakes, along with cereals, rolls, muffins, etc... Fantastic! Everyone was so friendly, especially with our son. It was comforting knowing that he was welcome and we were relaxed knowing it was a family friendly place (those of you with kids understand what I mean). When we left we were going to purchase ice, but the lady at the creamery filled our cooler for free and gave us some oranges for our son. It's the little things that make a big difference!

We will definitely be back and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Jody-17579, General Manager at Strasburg Village Inn, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at our Inn. We recognize that a lot of B&Bs aren't set up to be 'kid friendly'; we understand that children are a part of some families and welcome there here, just as warmly as we welcome those who aren't traveling with children.

I will relay your kind words about breakfast to the appropriate staff and let them know that their little touches also maked your stay more helpful.

Don't forget that Thomas the Tank comes to Strasburg 3 times a year, and you're welcome to come stay with us - with your child! - for that or for any other reason that brings you to Lancaster County.

Thanks again for the privilege of your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,851 reviews
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Strasburg Village Inn? Share your experiences!