“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaver Creek Farm Cabins/Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
Beaver Creek Farm Cabins/Cottages
New York City, New York
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

word's cant describe how beautiful the property is very well kept by a very nice lady there are amish selling fresh produce across the road on the weekend homemade root beer ,fresh berry's and pies! i have gone to beaver creek since i was a child and now i bring my son we love this place and it is one of a kind!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank ruff85

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

This place is amazing. When you pull onto Little Beaver Road, you see a very nice view of a property with a swimming pond, wide open space, and nice looking cabins. You pull down the drive-way, and pull into another small drive-way in the back of the owner's house on property to get the key to your cabin. When you pull out of the drive-way in back of the house, you continue down a longer drive-way that leads down to the pond and the cabins. There are 10 cabins on the property (6 down the bottom by the pond and 4 up on the hill). Down by the pond there are 4 single cabins and one double cabin. The double cabin has two cabins attached to each other that are suitable for 1-3 people. Cabins 1, 2, the double cabins 3 and 4, and cabins 5 and 6 are down the hill. When you pull down the driveway, their is one little path that brings you by the pond, over a covered bridge, and right to cabins 5 and 6. Or you can go straight by the pond and go to cabins 1-4 or go up the hill to cabins 7-10. Right next to cabins 1 and 2 there is a little laundry room for vacationers to do their laundry. There is also another laundry room next to the pond.When you walk out of these cabins there is a wide open area for people to sit out and for kids to run around and play. In the open area by the cabins down the hill, there is a nice pavilion for vacationers to have a nightly fire and/or sit out their and relax. RIght by the pavilion is a little creek that runs through the property which has little bridges for you to walk over to get to the pond. One side of the pond is for swimming, while the other side is for fishing. When you come down the driveway you pull right past cabins 1 and 2 and continue up a hill that goes around a little curve that brings you up to cabins 7-10. When you walk out of these cabins, there is a big goat pen that has a few goats in it. From the top cabins you have a great view of the pond and the cabins down the hill, not to mention the Strasburg Railroad in the distance. On Wednesday nights over the summer, there is a cook out for all the cabin-goers to eat at and interact with other cabin-goers. After the cookout the owner makes homemade ice cream and that is followed by the nightly fire.The summer nights can get pretty hot, so the cabins are all equipped with air conditioners, plus the people stay at the cabins can cool off in the pond. Another plus is that vactioners of the cabins are allowed to bring some of their pets. not every kind of pet, but cats and dogs are welcome. We don't bring our pets, but they are welcome, as long as you clean up after them, and as long as they are not disruptive/destructive. By staying at the cabins everything is extremely convenient. You have multiple places right there to eat. Withing 5-10 minutes of the cabins, there is the Red Caboose Restaurant where you eat in train cars converted into dining cars, Hershey Farms Restaurant, Good and Plenty, Plain and Fancy, Bird-in-Hand, The Iron Horse Inn Resaurant, Isaac's Deli, The Family Cupboard and many many more. Plus there are the Rockvale Outlets and the Tanger Factory Outlest which each have many stores. For the kids there is the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park and a few Mini Golf Courses. Plus Hershey is only about 40-45 minutes away from the cabins. The owners of the cabins are husband and wife and they are extremely friendly people. Thw wife inherited the cabins from her mother who owned them previously. so they are family run cabins. They are down at the fire every night and interact with all the guests. My family has been going down since my brother was only a few months old and he is 23 now. I am 17 and have been going down since I was 6-months old. The week we go has the same people going back every year, so that is a plus for us. When sitting out at the cabins, you hear the clip-clopping of Amish buggies going by, and somedays during the week Amish kids will come down for a swim in the pond. They usually come down on Sundays after church. Also right by the pond and all around the rest of the property, there is a beautiful corn field that the Amish plant their corn in. When down in the Strasburg area, you feel relaxed and completely at ease. Everything is so simple and the people are so friendly. It is very cool to see the Amish way of life. Beaver Creek is such a beautiful place to stay and the surrounding area is so beautiful. These characteristics are what keep us and all the other families that go down are week, coming back year after year.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank ringoffire63
Lewes, DE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

This property is very pretty. The cabin was plenty large and very clean. The furnishings and decorations are old (and not in a charming kind of way), but clean and functional. It was a great place to stay with our son, he loved running around the property, playing near the stream that runs through it, and looking at the cows and goats nearby. It's quiet and has the convenience of a kitchen. The Strasburg Railroad is only a minute or two away and the gentle sound of clippity-clop can be heard as all the Amish buggies go up and down the road.

• Liked — The outdoor amenities
  • Disliked — Soft beds, rooms need some renovating
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ILAEBS
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2008

For those who like a quiet, simple and scenic accomodation in a farming community, this is it. Four cabins (really bungalows) sit on top of a hill overlooking the historic Strasburg Railway just a couple of miles in the distance. Five more cabins sit at the foot of the hill besides a pond. The pond has swimming facilities, great for the kids. A barbecue pavillion sits astride from these cabins.
On the local road bordereing one side of the property you often hear and see the Amish buggies clopping by.

The cabins have heat and air conditioning, a full kitchen-dining room with a pull-out sofa, and two bedrooms. They sleep seven..

My wife and I have been going to Beaver Creek Farm Cabins on Memorial Day weekends for 34 years, together with our children and grandchildren. We rent cabins on the hill. Without television and in-line telephones we can focus entirely on enjoying the natural scenic setting, eating together, playing games, doing crafts, reading, and having a cook-out and talent night on Sunday evenings.

Some of us take time to visit the large outlet center nearby and ride the historic railroad to “Paradise.”

• Liked — Quiet, simple (no t.v. or in-line phones), scenic.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank SouthJerseyEatwell
new jersey, shore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

I have been to Beaver Creek numerous times, with and without kids! Nice place to bring kids, very laid back, plenty of room to run, privacy a plus, cooking in and out of cabins is great for the flexibility of not having to eat out. When there without kids it is awesome because it is so relaxing. Owners are very friendly! Highly suggested if you are not looking for a fancy hotel! very casual which is just my style. What a find!!!

• Liked — relaxing, great location to attractions, inexpensive, comfortable
  • Disliked — very minimal with "luxuries", clean but not too.....
  • Stayed November 2004, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LEESANewJersey_Shore
boston,massachuetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2007

I have to say this is the best vacation spot i have ever been to.My family has been going here ever since my now 22 yr old brother was 1-21 years ago,and i have been going since i was about 2 and am now 20-18 yrs!!Along w/ my mom,dad,little sister and little brother&¬ to forget my dad's mom-my grandma.My mom and dad started going when i was 5 months old then decided to take the kids when we started getting old enough,the car ride is about 7 1/2 not fun for young kids.We have even bought along other family members in the past-who havent gone every year but enjoyed them selves-.We hadnt been since 2003 for some reasons and are going back july 4th week 2007(the same week we go every year).We are getting our same cabin..and though my grandma cant go this year it will still be amazing,We know everyone down there really well and have met friends.I have even heard they now have AC's which we dont know if we will get-because we dont want it to keep us from going to the lake or anything.Yes,the lake is also cool.we have seen a few turtles and swam with the fish &when me and my siblings were little we would get on the raft(included)and see who could sink each side first...we would even watch the tons and tons of amish people come down to swim after church(it is fascinating).The owners are like family to us-There are great shops and resaurants and i love sitting by the pavilion at the fire with all the other vacationers talking to the regulars and the new comers..about the past year and sitting there and having it feel like we never left.I just hate leaving my animals behind.We go for one week (sat-sat).The cabins are sweeet too and very clean.There are 2 bedrooms..some have one bed per bedroom and some of the cabins-now i have pretty much stayed in everycabin-until we found out favorite-but almost all but 4(that just have 2 beds)-have 3 beds-me and my grandma and my sister would share on cabin and there would be 3 beds and my mom dad and brothers would have the cabin we use now and it would have 2 so one of my brothers would get the couch...so if you lucky you can get 3 beds(one bedroom has 2)not a big deal but it helps for larger families.There is also a oven and refrierator and a sink and cabinets.we always eat out to dont cook on the oven-have and it works well in the past-.There are also these great cook outs on it used to be wednesdays-and every one who wanted to attend would bring a dish-thats when we would use the oven..and then they would make home-made vanilla ice cream that was the best ice cream i ever had!!We even met a amish family we are now friends w/ and they are very sweet. I even enjoy catching fireflies and letting them go of course!!And we always go to hershey chocolate world(sometimes the park-not since we were younger though)and it is not a bad drive.Those are memories i have.There are even places to hang towels and 2 laundry facilities with 2 washers and dryers each-so 4 all together.The area is very nice..things are peaceful and calm and i love it and all the memories i have of the great years at beaver creek and all the memories to come now and w/ my kids and grandkids(someday).I give it 5 stars.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank sweetPA6
Parkville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2007

I didn't include a date of when I stayed because my wife Joanne along with our two oldest daughters started going to the Beaver Creek Cabins more then 20 years ago - when the present owners Mom and Dad had the place. When going to Lancaster Beaver Creek would be the only place my family would want to stay. There were even years when I was the first customer of the season (right after Easter). The only time we didn't stay there was in the heat of the summer due to the lack of air conditioners in the cabins but after reading the new web site it looks like that is a thing of the past as they now advertise AC. I will be in contact later today to make reservations for Easter week as so we can take my little Grandaughter up who has never been there before. The country side setting is the most beautiful you can imagin .you can sit in front of your cabin and see the Strasburg Railroad in the far distance while hearing it's lone whistle blow. I will be retiring in about 2 years and Beaver Creek Cabins is just the kind of place that I would concider myself blessed to live out my years! This place really has it all and the owners are a real pleasure to deal with!

• Liked — Country setting
  • Disliked — no AC
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SailorJoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Beaver Creek Farm Cabins/Cottages? Share your experiences!