“Country Fun in Train Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
Beaver Creek Farm Cabins/Cottages
Reviewed 15 September 2008

This property is very pretty. The cabin was plenty large and very clean. The furnishings and decorations are old (and not in a charming kind of way), but clean and functional. It was a great place to stay with our son, he loved running around the property, playing near the stream that runs through it, and looking at the cows and goats nearby. It's quiet and has the convenience of a kitchen. The Strasburg Railroad is only a minute or two away and the gentle sound of clippity-clop can be heard as all the Amish buggies go up and down the road.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank ILAEBS

Reviewed 30 May 2008

For those who like a quiet, simple and scenic accomodation in a farming community, this is it. Four cabins (really bungalows) sit on top of a hill overlooking the historic Strasburg Railway just a couple of miles in the distance. Five more cabins sit at the foot of the hill besides a pond. The pond has swimming facilities, great for the kids. A barbecue pavillion sits astride from these cabins.
On the local road bordereing one side of the property you often hear and see the Amish buggies clopping by.

The cabins have heat and air conditioning, a full kitchen-dining room with a pull-out sofa, and two bedrooms. They sleep seven..

My wife and I have been going to Beaver Creek Farm Cabins on Memorial Day weekends for 34 years, together with our children and grandchildren. We rent cabins on the hill. Without television and in-line telephones we can focus entirely on enjoying the natural scenic setting, eating together, playing games, doing crafts, reading, and having a cook-out and talent night on Sunday evenings.

Some of us take time to visit the large outlet center nearby and ride the historic railroad to “Paradise.”

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank SouthJerseyEatwell
Reviewed 27 March 2008

I have been to Beaver Creek numerous times, with and without kids! Nice place to bring kids, very laid back, plenty of room to run, privacy a plus, cooking in and out of cabins is great for the flexibility of not having to eat out. When there without kids it is awesome because it is so relaxing. Owners are very friendly! Highly suggested if you are not looking for a fancy hotel! very casual which is just my style. What a find!!!

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LEESANewJersey_Shore
Reviewed 16 June 2007

I have to say this is the best vacation spot i have ever been to.My family has been going here ever since my now 22 yr old brother was 1-21 years ago,and i have been going since i was about 2 and am now 20-18 yrs!!Along w/ my mom,dad,little sister and little brother&¬ to forget my dad's mom-my grandma.My mom and dad started going when i was 5 months old then decided to take the kids when we started getting old enough,the car ride is about 7 1/2 not fun for young kids.We have even bought along other family members in the past-who havent gone every year but enjoyed them selves-.We hadnt been since 2003 for some reasons and are going back july 4th week 2007(the same week we go every year).We are getting our same cabin..and though my grandma cant go this year it will still be amazing,We know everyone down there really well and have met friends.I have even heard they now have AC's which we dont know if we will get-because we dont want it to keep us from going to the lake or anything.Yes,the lake is also cool.we have seen a few turtles and swam with the fish &when me and my siblings were little we would get on the raft(included)and see who could sink each side first...we would even watch the tons and tons of amish people come down to swim after church(it is fascinating).The owners are like family to us-There are great shops and resaurants and i love sitting by the pavilion at the fire with all the other vacationers talking to the regulars and the new comers..about the past year and sitting there and having it feel like we never left.I just hate leaving my animals behind.We go for one week (sat-sat).The cabins are sweeet too and very clean.There are 2 bedrooms..some have one bed per bedroom and some of the cabins-now i have pretty much stayed in everycabin-until we found out favorite-but almost all but 4(that just have 2 beds)-have 3 beds-me and my grandma and my sister would share on cabin and there would be 3 beds and my mom dad and brothers would have the cabin we use now and it would have 2 so one of my brothers would get the couch...so if you lucky you can get 3 beds(one bedroom has 2)not a big deal but it helps for larger families.There is also a oven and refrierator and a sink and cabinets.we always eat out to dont cook on the oven-have and it works well in the past-.There are also these great cook outs on it used to be wednesdays-and every one who wanted to attend would bring a dish-thats when we would use the oven..and then they would make home-made vanilla ice cream that was the best ice cream i ever had!!We even met a amish family we are now friends w/ and they are very sweet. I even enjoy catching fireflies and letting them go of course!!And we always go to hershey chocolate world(sometimes the park-not since we were younger though)and it is not a bad drive.Those are memories i have.There are even places to hang towels and 2 laundry facilities with 2 washers and dryers each-so 4 all together.The area is very nice..things are peaceful and calm and i love it and all the memories i have of the great years at beaver creek and all the memories to come now and w/ my kids and grandkids(someday).I give it 5 stars.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank sweetPA6
Reviewed 28 March 2007

I didn't include a date of when I stayed because my wife Joanne along with our two oldest daughters started going to the Beaver Creek Cabins more then 20 years ago - when the present owners Mom and Dad had the place. When going to Lancaster Beaver Creek would be the only place my family would want to stay. There were even years when I was the first customer of the season (right after Easter). The only time we didn't stay there was in the heat of the summer due to the lack of air conditioners in the cabins but after reading the new web site it looks like that is a thing of the past as they now advertise AC. I will be in contact later today to make reservations for Easter week as so we can take my little Grandaughter up who has never been there before. The country side setting is the most beautiful you can imagin .you can sit in front of your cabin and see the Strasburg Railroad in the far distance while hearing it's lone whistle blow. I will be retiring in about 2 years and Beaver Creek Cabins is just the kind of place that I would concider myself blessed to live out my years! This place really has it all and the owners are a real pleasure to deal with!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SailorJoe
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 November 2004

Not luxuourious but it has all the basic amenities including a kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms. Fun pond to swim in and an excellent pavillion for camp fires. The owners are great and we have been going for at least 7 years and we are like family. If you go ask about the tree dedicated to my late father.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Red Caboose Motel, Restaurant & Gift Shop
Spring Gulch Resort Campground

Been to Beaver Creek Farm Cabins/Cottages? Share your experiences!