“As good as I had heard”
Review of The Springerle House - CLOSED

The Springerle House
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: German, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Charming little European-style bakery and cafe, serving fresh-brewed teas, fresh-ground coffee, all homemade bakery items. Light lunches include homemade soups in cooler months, garden-fresh organic veggies featured in the summer months, homesmoked meats on panini sandwiches. One of the few places in the country to find springerle, also called "picture cookies"; our cookies have been chosen by the Lancaster County Planning Commission as a "Heritage Craft". Stop by to enjoy a delicious taste of the past!Now offering our handpainted folk art springerle ornaments and our own springerle cookie molds for sale year-round: both made here in Lancaster County, PA.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I first had Heather's famous cookies in Alabama when a friend brought them to share over a year ago. Now, visiting friends, this was a place my friends said I had to go. They were right. I had a breakfast sandwich and seasonal latte. My friends had various sandwiches, eggs, scones, all wonderful and made as we watched. Heather and her staff greeted most patrons by name and treated each as though they were special. The food and drink was excellent cafe/bakery fare. The cafe also features gifts of hand painted ornaments and cookie molds. These are so beautiful and reasonably priced. I bought a nutcracker for a ridiculously low price to take back for a gift and 2 dozen of her special cookies. I can't wait to share them with my friends in Alabama.

1  Thank Ladonna I

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had Springerle House website saved in my favorites for almost a year! Finally made it this week for lunch with a friend. After at least an hour drive, we arrived at the SH. Small,but very well stocked with beautiful Xmas ornaments and springerle cookie molds.
We had a pleasant lunch of smoked pulled pork sandwiches, which I understand Heather's husband smoke the meats used at the cafe. They have a wide selection of hot and cold beverges,. We were very happy with the two we chose. The springerle cookies were too beautiful to eat! Such intricate designs the molds make on each cookie,like a work of art. Some unusual flavors, for me at least. Earl Grey and Pumpkin Spice,both were very good.
The only negatives were the 2 scones I bought to take home, seemed stale and after making the long drive after months of talking abbout it, the shop was out of the original anise flavored springerle cookies.BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other than that, I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

While staying in Strasburg I stopped into Springerle House. The cookies were wonderful and very fresh. I bought some as a treat for my grand kids and they loved them.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was dumbfounded to find a cafe in Strasburg, PA that saves Springerle cookies (and beverages to accompany them), and the ability to buy Springerle molds and painted cookies to display. Anyone from a German/Swiss background will love this little cafe and shop. The owner's family has been making Springerle for over a hundred years.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

This was a great inexpensive lunch. I had the salad sandwich combo for about $10 and it was delicious. The small coffee shop has some lovely outdoor tables too.