“Much Improvement Needed”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Much Improvement Needed”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Let me start by saying the customer service rep was friendly . Seems like they are doing the best they can with the poor condition of this hotel. I will not take the chance to ever stay here again even though they say they are renovating. Breakfast not included with the stay. Perkins is across the street.They do have an indoor pool but we did not use it. We have stayed at other hotels in this area but never one in as poor condition.

Room Tip: If you have children that like to swim they have rooms which open to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I am sorry you had some concerns during your recent stay with us.

As you stated, we are in the process of during renovations in all of our rooms and other areas of the hotel. This process will take time and much effort by our staff. We can only ask that you come back and see us again so that we can show you a more enjoyable stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I would never stay at this hotel again. Shabby is the best word I can use to describe it. There were a myriad of issues....worn carpeting, very cheap fixtures in the bathroom. Sadly, I had splurged and reserved a room with a hot tub...the surfaces of the skirting and tub were not sealed properly and very chipped. We didn't even use the tub. Some of the electrical switches were missing wall plates. There was this odd, loud electrical/mechanical humming and floor vibration in the room the entire time we were there...the only thing I can think of is that we were over the pool pumps. The only good thing I can say for the property is that the linens seemed clean. The room faced the roofed-over pool and the hours were supposed to be 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, but there were kids screaming in the pool area at 11:30 pm and 8:00 am. Also, I am pretty sure that when I reserved the hotel, it indicated that continental breakfast was provided and it no longer is. So I way overpaid for a poor property. At least it was only one night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Stroudsburg hotels

Rochester
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Decided to stop for the night. We were traveling from NH to KY. Came to this hotel looked nice from the outside. Walked in and front staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is under new management and is being remodeled. The rugs were worn but the room was clean. The pool area was very nice. Breakfast was not included with room but across the street was Perkins had a good breakfast there. Was quiet so had a good nights sleep. And that is what we were looking for. Probably will never be in the area again but if we were we might stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2013

No Indian restaurant inside hotel,,, please- not everyone likes it and the smell will effect the hotel stay..... international buffets or something basic , would work better. Hot breakfast should be free- Until then just go to Perkins across the street , well worth it. The brown metal door sticks , effort is needed to open and close, I don't like slamming doors. Carpet worn out and old furniture, some chipping- the fridges were new but was leaking water inside from freezer- we couldn't use it- was told it wasn't set to coldest setting to save money- not a good idea. shower head pressure weak and shower unit ,was stained ,chrome wasn't shinning at all. Don't be cheap with the updating of the hotel , we want to keep returning there, please . Its great location and very roomy, nice indoor pool area...

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Aston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We did not stay we checked out within 45mim off checking in .This hotel was dirty, smelled very bad , Breakfast was to be included with the booking but new management changed that to no breakfast with the room at all . Chairs and the rug in the room were stained whirlpool tub had hair in it , draws that yours clothes go in were dirty .The pictures on the internet lie , touched up photos .

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express less than a .5 mile away
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverly234
Whitestone, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed one night and it was a comfy stay..beds a bit small for a family of 4 but we still had a good night sleep. I felt it was clean and they have a beautiful pool area that makes you feel like you are on an island very clean..they have a nice bar called whispers in the lobby with a very nice bartender..She makes a nice specialty drink that I enjoyed. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Joanne T, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is nice to see some positive feedback on our hotel. We are currently doing some renovations throughout the hotel and hope that you will come back when we are finished.
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was a guest this past Friday.

When we arrived, the front desk staff was extremely friendly, and attentive. The front lobby was nice and clean, also.

I had no problems checking into our room. (Most rooms are poolside, which I thought would be great...). Our room was outdated, such as the hallways, hotel common bathrooms, etc. however, the hotel is under major renovations so I will not be so judge mental on that part of our stay.

The area is okay, we were passing through on a 400 mile drive. I did feel safe and comfortable here. We did some exploring and there is a strip about a mile down the road, which is full of bars, restaurants, shops, etc. We had dinner at a lovely place down there.

We returned back to the hotel around 10pm, went to our room, then went to the "bar/lounge" area in the hotel. There was an awesome man behind the bar, very socialable. There was also a woman drinking bottles of beer, jumping on the bar, leaning over to talk to customers, I'm not sure what her deal was, but since the bar was not a full house, it surprised me how long we had to wait for a drink, waiting on her. All in all, the bar does seem like it could be a fun place to hang out.

Later, were back off to our room, were awoken by a bunch of noise, early morning hours. I look out our "window" to the pool, and it's the woman bar keep with friends, completely inebriated, skinny dipping in the pool with their booze, mind you this is well after 2am. Completely disgusting. All in all, if I was passing through again, I'd have to skip the quality inn, especially if I have my two children. I sure hope they clean their pool!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!