“Needs some TLC”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
north caldwell
“Needs some TLC”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The location of this hotel was great for us but unfortunately we were a little disappointed with the accommodations. The set up is great but it could be cleaner and updated. This hotel needs a little TLC.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
We are sorry that you had some concerns during your stay with us. We agree that the hotel needs some TLC and are now in the process of doing that. We hope to be done in a few months with all of the renovations in all of our rooms.

We appreciate that you took time to send a review and hope that you will give us another chance when we are done with all of our renovations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have been coming to this Quality Inn many years. Only once have we gone to another hotel but won't do that anymore. We Love Joanne she is great and the rest of the staff has always been accommodating . yes there have been mishaps but always taken care of immediately. We do miss the breakfast buffet in the mornings, but things do change, maybe the will get that back someday. Hope to be back soon, The Benedettos

Room Tip: Pool side room convenient if you have kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Joanne T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It is nice to have guests recognize the effort that our staff gives to our guests. As you know there have been many changes to the hotel and the staff since you have been coming to our hotel. We appreciate your continued support of our hotel.

We are in the process of a number of renovations to the hotel to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We hope that you will continue to come and visit us again in the near future. Guests like you are always a pleasure to see.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place is not even clean enough for city rats to live in, and that is stating it nicely. I have never seen such filth in all of my life. The parking lot was filled with hood rats and thugs of every color. After changing rooms three times we finally gave up and demanded a refund and went to a near by competitor. The first room had blood stained sheets and pubic hairs on the bed. The second room had odd stains in the corners of the room along with clogged sinks that were filled to the rim with disgusting water. The third room had white stains on the duvae covers. This house keeping staff needs a serious lesson on cleaning, I'd like to see them stay in one of these germ ridden rooms for one night. This place needs to be shut down. Time to call it quits quality inn.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JmcClane19
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay with us. I have shared you comments with our Owner and department managers as we strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable stay. What you have experienced is definitely not the normal for this hotel and we apologize for that.

We are in the process of doing numerous renovations to our hotel and are still undertaking many more to come in the next few days, weeks and months. Hopefully you will come back and see us so that we may be given the opportunity to show you a more enjoyable time in the future.

Again we apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Stroudsburg hotels

Mussoorie, India
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was surprised by the list of underwhelming reviews but my stay was fine.

The help was present, my room was clean with no signs of mold or torn up chairs or things I have read I other reviews.

It is indeed an older hotel and with the case of older hotels they are renovating and perhaps I was on the renovated side of things and therefore it was more pleasant. As with older hotel renovations you can tell its the umpteenth layer of paint, they were stretching their outlets by adding on plugs that accommodate more electronics. It isn't always pretty but it was clean and comfortable and decently priced.

Also like many older hotels they had a central play area with a pool and other areas that never seem fully utilized but it is roomy.

Someone complained about an Indian restaurant going in there, I find that a positive. Even with the curry smell, and it will keep some away, but also draw others to it. There is a Perkins across the street so whatever they are serving you have something that you can walk too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay with us. We are doing renovations in all areas of the hotel and yes, I agree, it takes time to get it all done.

I will share your comments with our owner and the other department managers and again our thanks for your nice response. We hope that you will join us again if you are in this area.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Horrible hotel. WAY over priced, no air conditioning. The room was dirty, the fridge had mold in it, the chair was covered in crumbs, and the tub had hair in it. It was disgusting and smelled terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DesertRN
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us. I have addressed you concerns with the owner and our department managers as insuring that all of our guests enjoy their stay it is a priority for all of us.

We did experience some problems with our air conditioning system while you were here and wish that you would have addressed your concerns with us during your stay so that we could have taken care of the problems.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you a more enjoyable time.
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Let me start by saying the customer service rep was friendly . Seems like they are doing the best they can with the poor condition of this hotel. I will not take the chance to ever stay here again even though they say they are renovating. Breakfast not included with the stay. Perkins is across the street.They do have an indoor pool but we did not use it. We have stayed at other hotels in this area but never one in as poor condition.

Room Tip: If you have children that like to swim they have rooms which open to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I am sorry you had some concerns during your recent stay with us.

As you stated, we are in the process of during renovations in all of our rooms and other areas of the hotel. This process will take time and much effort by our staff. We can only ask that you come back and see us again so that we can show you a more enjoyable stay with us.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I would never stay at this hotel again. Shabby is the best word I can use to describe it. There were a myriad of issues....worn carpeting, very cheap fixtures in the bathroom. Sadly, I had splurged and reserved a room with a hot tub...the surfaces of the skirting and tub were not sealed properly and very chipped. We didn't even use the tub. Some of the electrical switches were missing wall plates. There was this odd, loud electrical/mechanical humming and floor vibration in the room the entire time we were there...the only thing I can think of is that we were over the pool pumps. The only good thing I can say for the property is that the linens seemed clean. The room faced the roofed-over pool and the hours were supposed to be 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, but there were kids screaming in the pool area at 11:30 pm and 8:00 am. Also, I am pretty sure that when I reserved the hotel, it indicated that continental breakfast was provided and it no longer is. So I way overpaid for a poor property. At least it was only one night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!