“CDuncan”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel was great, location and staff was awesome. I felt like they wanted my business... The hotel was close to location that I needed but it was also close to town so we were able to enjoy the local entertainment.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for posting your review. You are correct - your business is very important to us, and we are glad you enjoyed our Hamptonality! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was away for business and was very happy with my stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was perfect. At night they had sausage and peppers. Check in and check out was fast. Walking distance for eating and shopping. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We're glad you enjoyed our "On the House" breakfast, which is served daily from 6am-10am. Our evening reception is served Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5pm-7pm. We hope you'll come back to stay with us the next time you visit the Poconos, whether it's for business or for pleasure.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel was comfortable. It's only about 15 minutes away from the crossings outlet mall should you decide to shop. The hotel sits near the highway and around the corner from a nice small town. I was pleased with my short stay. And if I find myself having to stay in PA again, I would consider this hotel.

1  Thank ovalysf
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of our Hampton on TripAdvisor. We are glad you were pleased with your first stay with us, and we hope to see you the next time you visit PA.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Check in was easy. The room was nice and clean. The A/C worked nicely. They now have large TV's mounted on the wall. The breakfast was good. Checkout was easy. We went to visit my daughter who is a counselor at a camp in the Poconos. The location of the hotel was great for driving to the places we wanted to visit. The only thought I had was that the beds appeared to be smaller than what you would find at a typical Hampton.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor which was nice.
1  Thank mosween
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were booked July 25, 2014 for 2 nights... Arrived did what we thought was a good check for bed bugs as we know this is a problem across the entire country... Unpacked and due to traveling with small children one being a new born we have alot of stuff. In the middle of the night was feeling uncomfortable trying to sleep I woke my husband and told him so and we decided to check again pulled back all the bedding etc and found bedbugs I captured one and brought it to the front desk.. Staff did not seem surprised,apologetic, or even sympathetic.. Immediately just said of course you will not be charged for the room only thing I can do is give you directions to another hotel... I am sure she could see I was very upset as I looked a mess hands shaking etc... From that point on she just continued to become more unprofessional and rude even made a statement that it was not a bed bug... So the hotel just offers full refunds to guests who find random bugs in there room.. I think not. If that were the case nobody would ever be paying for hotel rooms. I have pictures of the bed bug that was taken at the front desk where you can clearly see the
hampton inn plaque!! We packed our stuff as quickly as possible after researching online found that all belongings should be put into black garbage bags.. My husband went back to the desk multiple times to ask for them but the staff member could not be found its seemed that everytime other guests were present she was Nowhere to be found Maybe she afraid of what my husband would say to her in front of other guests.. He had to leave and go to the local wawa store and purchase them... Although by the time we left we were very angry and rude ourselves rightfully so after being treated in such a demeaning way my initial approach with the staff member was very discreet as there were guests at the desk and I just patiently and quietly waited for them to leave before approaching the staff member with the bedbug. Throughout our interaction not only was she rude but tossed managers business cards on desk and even tossed a pen.. We had to awake our young children and drive Over an hour to New Jersey as no hotels in area had openings... Then had to use there machines to wash and dry some blankets crib sheets and cloths for them and us to sleep in that we could be assured were bug free... This ended and ruined our entire trip as that night was only the first night of a week long trip.. We had to now go home and figure out what we needed to do to prevent this from getting into our home... We had the manager Michelle's number and told the staff we wanted to speak to her. by the next morning we still had not even received a phone call. My husband called her just to receive even more unprofessional treatment. She actually told us the hotel is near a river and that her and some other staff members looked at it and was a spider... From where I come from spiders and bed bugs look nothing alike. She also made a comment that it did not come from her hotel.. So We just woke our children up in the middle of the night to drive over an hour and spend a few more hrs doing laundry for a little spider!!! What kind of service is this??? Don't believe me see the pics
for yourself!!! I have posted some..... The hotel staff needs to take some lessons on customer service... Alls they did was make rude and ridiculous comments....

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Xanera
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Please allow me to reassure the readers of this review that the statements made by this guest are untrue. This person has used TripAdvisor in retaliation for our staff telling them they were going to call the police due to their offensive behavior and profane language. Thankfully, the other reviews of our property can attest to our commitment to excellent service and cleanliness. It is very sad that this venue may be used to make false allegations, but I am glad our reputation speaks for itself.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Satisfactory Hampton Inn but oddly in a residential area, which didn't appear to be the safest part of town. Rooms were decent, bathroom could always be cleaner. The a/c ran all night and there was no happy medium in adjusting the temperature. The breakfast was good and the coffee was readily available after hours. Was there for a wedding but and the Hampton in was our best choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was a short stay, however, the room was nice, the bed was comfortable and clean and fresh. The complimentary full breakfast was very nice. We did not have time to use the amenities, but the pool and exercise equipment looked up-to-date and clean. I definitely would stay at this hotel when in that area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Hopefully, you'll be able to spend a bit more time with us the next time you're in the area so you'll be able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!