“Beautiful stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stroudsburg
Cherry Valley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Stroudsburg B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

As the returning guests, we were so looking forward to another special weekend at the Cherry Valley Manor. Once again, everything was perfect. We stayed in the Sleeping Beauty suite. The room was beautiful, and a private terrace with a spacious hot tub was waiting for us. The atmosphere in the home and the grounds is absolutely charming, so warm and whimsical that you want to stay here forever.
Stan, Julia and their daughter Yana treated us as if we were long-lost family. And as warm and hospitable as they were, they also gave us privacy, but somehow were always available to help us in any way.
The outdoor pool was pure paradize, spacious and crystal-clean. There is a cute set of swings by the poolside, as well as a hammock in the shade of trees.
Breakfast was scrumptious and plentiful. Julia's ham and cheese omelet is to die for!
On the day of our departure Stan invited us to stay longer to enjoy the pool as he was concerned about us riding the bike back in the 90 degree weather. Words can't describe the sincere warmth and hospitality of our wonderful hosts. We know that we will be back again and again, as this charming place and its owners hold a very special place in our hearts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goodsarge G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Emmaus, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Jay and I went for a one night stay, found this B&B online, pictures do not do this place justice. Stan and Julia are two of the most wonderful people we have had the pleasure of meeting. Our room was all of what it described and more. Relaxing, comfortable and very clean and neat, and I know of no other way to explain the breakfast they serve as outstanding, delicious and more than enough. Julia, to you, excellant all the way and to you Stan, you are a wonderful and gracious host. Our night at the Cherry Valley Manor will always hold a special place in our hearts, as well as the two of you. Thank-you again for a beautiful memory and I'm sure we will see you again!!!

Love to you two,
Jay and Ellen

Room Tip: Jacuzzi with a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen H
bronx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is my first experience at a B&B and I am tickled pink that I went to this one. The hosts Stan and Julia made us feel right at home and what a beautiful home it is. The attention to detail is amazing, every room has a unique charm and is very well kept. I highly recommend this place if you want peace and quiet and a delicious breakfast. ***Stan don't forget raw rice in the salt shakers will take care of your salt problem. LOL.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Perfect B&B for some R&R! Beautiful house, property and rooms. Everything is top quality. Owners are absolutely fantastic and take great care of you. Breakfast is homemade every morning and delicious! Close (2-10 minutes) to many sights, activities, and great restaurants. We rented the Tiffany Suite and it was fabulous - huge room with king-size bed, living room with large couch, TV and amazing multi-shower head bath, and private deck and hot tub. If you're looking to get away from it all, get out into nature, or just want a relaxing weekend, choose Cherry Valley Manor. You won't be disappointed!

1 Thank BrianTMcginty
Hamilton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have to say that I am so glad that I did not read all of the negative reviews before our weekend at Cherry Valley Manor. My husband and I were looking for a place to enjoy a quiet, romantic weekend to celebrate our anniversary a few weeks early. We both found Cherry Valley Manor and agreed instantly that we wanted to stay there and went ahead and booked the sleeping beauty suite.

We have stayed at other B&B's but did not go into the weekend with any preconceived notions of what to expect.

Just over a month prior to our trip we learned that the plans we made for our two teenage boys changed which directly impacted our planned weekend. Julia and Stan were so accommodating in allowing us to bring our boys with us for Friday evening. This meant we did not have to cancel or adjust our schedule.

We arrived around 7pm on Friday evening. Julia had been out in the yard doing some gardening and immediately came to meet us as we pulled into the driveway. Parking is tight especially when we arrive in a Chevy Silverado pick up truck but we were still able to park in the driveway with no problems. Julia brought us into the house and gave us each slippers to wear. She proceeded to show us to our room and pointed out different things in our room, including the wonderful shower, hot tub on the deck and robes hanging in the closet. There was a carafe of water with regular glasses, wine glasses and bottle opener on the table in our room. Did she point out every detail of the room - no, but I also did not expect her to do that. Part of the fun of being in a new place is discovering things on our own.

Since I emailed and told her I was allergic to feather bedding, she had replaced the linens with non-feather and even provided extra pillows for our boys to use. They were camping on the floor in sleeping bags we brought but she did offer to bring extra quilts if we needed. Before leaving us, we confirmed what time we needed to eat. Since we needed to leave by 8am to get our boys to their camping trip, Julia agreed to provide us with an earlier breakfast than they normally serve. Julia told us breakfast would be served downstairs.

She also told us that she carries a phone in her pocket so that we can call her with any needs we might have. We spent a quiet evening in our room, enjoying the hot tub and some family time.

In the morning, we headed downstairs to the main floor before realizing we had to head down one more flight to the dining room. Just as we had realized this, Stan had come upstairs to the main floor to show us the way. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast with PLENTY of food. They even offered cold cereal and milk if we desired that instead of or in addition to our meal. I am a pretty picky eater but truly enjoyed the hearty meal. My boys did not want to leave for their camping trip since they knew the food the rest of the weekend would not be as tasty.

We were gone most of the day but were so glad to have the hot tub to relax in when we returned to our room. It was a cool, rainy afternoon so we did not get to enjoy the beautiful grounds and outdoor pool.

There is a table just inside the front door with tourist pamphlets which was nice to have access to. We selected a restaurant from one of these for dinner. There was also a refrigerator on the main floor that was available to leave food items or drinks.

When we were heading out for dinner on Saturday evening, Julia asked us what time we would like to have breakfast. We agreed on a later breakfast so that we could have a relaxing morning. It was at this point that I realized they schedule breakfast for each guest to allow for personal attention and the freshest food served at the right temperature. Breakfast on Sunday was delicious as well, although we did agree the meal Saturday was our favorite.

They keep the door to the kitchen closed and am sure that the reason for that is to give us privacy and quiet as we dine. They do come out to check on us to see if we need anything so I did not feel like we were neglected.

We departed with a hug from Julia and wishes for safe trip home. Stan was not in the room at the time or I am sure we would have gotten a hug from him as well.

I have to say that the bed was firm but extremely comfortable and the linens were soft and luxurious. Julia and Stan are not hovering, in your face type of innkeepers. I knew they were available if I needed anything. I think they try to respect each guest's privacy which is why they keep doors closed and make themselves scarce, which for us was perfectly fine. I was there to spend a quiet weekend with my husband.

If you have expectations for your stay, ask before you book. A bed and breakfast experience is more than just the room you select. If you want to have an innkeeper who is present and there to greet you as you come and go, ask. If having an afternoon snack is important to you, ask if they provide one.

Upon arriving at home I realized I had left my cell phone charger plugged in our room. I emailed Julia regarding it and Julia mailed it to me the next day without any hesitation.

We look forward to returning to the Cherry Valley Manor and to enjoy Stan & Julia's hospitality again.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet, private room, go for the sleeping beauty suite which is located upstairs...
2 Thank Randi99
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and i booked a stay for two nights and let me tell you it was really lovely. Our host and hostess really made us feel at home .I even commented to my husband that i felt like we were staying with family. Their home is really beautiful , clean and comfortable. Julia greeted us when we arrived an took us to our room 'jacuzzi with a view'. It was lovely. The bed was huge and comfortable (that explains why we spent most of our time in there).We had access to wifi and a fridge which was stocked with bottled water and was available to us for storing left over dinner. The hostess offered to help us with dinner if we chose to cook. "If you need anything just let me know" she said.
Breakfast was delicious on the first day we had , coffee or tea, orange juice, a delicious crisp fruit salad with mango sauce, perfectly seasoned omelet with turkey breast and garnished with cheese, toasted bagel with cream cheese and a fresh baked croissant stuffed with coconut and peanut butter . We were then offered cereal but passed because we were already stuffed (and my husband can eat).
Our every need was attended to. They made great dine-out and activity suggestions to us and we kept busy with board game play and the natural scenery . They engaged us in conversation when we inquired and they knew when we needed space. Stan and Julia really made a lasting impression on us and we will visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dalmatia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend at the Cherry Valley Manor for our first anniversary. Since neither of us had been to a bed and breakfast before, we were not sure what to expect. My boyfriend did a lot of research beforehand and the owners were very accomodating to his requests of additional pictures of the rooms and having our room, the Sleeping Beauty Suite, set up to include various things. The owners were also very accomodating to our travel schedule. The owners were both very friendly, making us feel at home. The room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, as were the sheets and comforters. The shower was very nice, and the sink was unique and beautiful. The hot tub was so nice after a long day of travel and sight seeing. The room was very private, comfortable, and simply lovely.

Breakfast was delicious! My boyfriend and I loved the cream cheese! The omlet was delicious, as were the eclairs. The set up of the table was elegant and the honeydew was the best I've had in a very long time.

The surroundings were beautiful, the log walk way was unique and lovely, and the house itself was magnificent! My boyfriend and I were both so thankful he made the decision to take me to the Cherry Valley Manor, it was a great experience!

2 Thank Lyndsay W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,984 reviews
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Been to Cherry Valley Manor? Share your experiences!