“Perfect Poconos Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stroudsburg
Cherry Valley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Stroudsburg B&B and Inns
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Perfect Poconos Getaway!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Julia and Stan were fantastic hosts and their B&B is delightful! I think they are German...they have the best accents! Sweet people!

We stayed in the Romantic Occasion for 2 nights - superb updated bath/shower, comfy bed, fireplace and breakfast that was fantastic! They happily accommodated our gluten-free dietary needs and finding good breakfast that's gluten-free is hard!

As far as the review regarding snow and no plows, 0 refund policy, blah blah blah...forget that. Someone obviously was out to have a bad time from square one.

It's a sweet place and small. But that's why we like it. We wanted small.

Parking is tight but no sideswipes here...just don't bring your F150 and you'll be fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Hillary C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I usually do not write reviews, but for this Wonderful place I felt obligated and compelled to. I chose this place based on the pictures and reviews of it. The pictures do not do this place justice. I was here for my girlfriend's getaway birthday. We stayed in the Tiffany Sweet. We rang the doorbell and Julia came and greeted us. Julia and Stan are the owners and are very loving and great people. Julia led us to our room. As soon as she opened the door we said, "Wow!" the room was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. She then led us to the private deck with the hot tub, which was amazing. She showed us how to operate the hot tub and then asked what time would we like breakfast. We replied 10am would be fine. The next morning we went to the dining room for breakfast. We were greeted by Stan. Very charming and friendly. He attended to us like we were family. I'm a very picky eater. But Julia's breakfast was one of the very best breakfast I have had in my life. I'm 42, so that saying a lot. My girlfriend agreed. We couldn't wait for breakfast the next day. Everything you need is nearby. When I say everything, I mean everything. We spent our whole stay indoors. The room was great. Bathroom was great. Two person shower stall. King size bed. Italian leather sofa. Flat screen tv with dvd. And the deck with the hot tub. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We are definitely visiting again in May. This time we will be staying in the Royal Treatment Suite. Please consider this place and give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

2 Thank Jose197342
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was our second trip to Cherry Valley Manor. My boyfriend and I both wanted to return over the summer so we could experience the area in the warmer weather, but when we really came down to it, we both were ready to take a romantic trip and knew it was the only place we would want to go! Stan and Julia have created a very luxurious retreat in each of the rooms, and they are welcoming while also ensuring guests feel like they have their privacy. All the rooms look amazing from the online photos, but we've only stayed in the Sleeping Beauty Suite. It's a huge room with two seating areas, an electric fireplace, flat screen TV, king size bed, luxurious bathroom, small closet, and a HUGE private deck with its own hot tub. That was the big selling point for us, and it did not disappoint! This is the only B&B we have stayed at, but we feel that it is top-notch compared to others we have considered. Julia's cooking is out of this world, and she is such a sweet lady! As we said goodbye, we received warm hugs from both Stan and Julia, telling us to come back soon. Aside from the B&B itself, the area is so wonderful and everything is so close by! Within a 20 minute drive are the Camelback ski resort (which also has snow tubing and a water park for warmer months), an outlet mall, several wineries, great hiking areas, river tubing, and cute little restaurants in Delaware Water Gap and in downtown Stroudsburg. Coming from Manhattan, it really is a treat to get away from the hustle and bustle and relax for a weekend away. Highly recommend!!

1 Thank aliciajayn
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The first thing that I had found off-putting about my experience was the 0 refund policy, which is not clearly stated in the terms. I understand the concept, we had the room booked, if we cancel they don't make money, but most places offer some sort of refund policy. And if you don't, which is fine, it should be CLEARLY stated. Which it is not.
I always stay at B&Bs when we go away, they are always charming and welcoming... they always add an element of charm to a vacation that you don't get from a regular hotel. We were treated like we were intruding on someone's home the ENTIRE time that we were there. Julia was very nice, but Stan was absolutely never happy to see us. The way that the parking is set up is a joke, and my car got side swiped by someone trying to back into the parking spot next to mine.
There was a blizzard while we stayed, and you would think if someone was running a business they would pay a plow to make sure that their customers can access their facilities. If you take anything away from this, take this. This place is up a very steep hill in a desolate area. THEY DID NOT PLOW THE 6 INCHES OF SNOW THAT CAME DOWN BETWEEN SATURDAY MORNING INTO SATURDAY EVENING AND WE COULD NOT GET BACK UP THE HILL. As we were stuck at the bottom of the hill trying to get up, other couples wound up stuck at various other points of the hill. I wound up crying my eyes out in frustration at a gas station trying to pay them to park my car there overnight. After being sent to the Delaware water gap welcoming center, Stan pulled up with another couple behind him, who also couldn't get up the hill. We had to go to the park and ride and be taxid to our cars. It was absolutely ridiculous.
Again. If you are running a business, you think that you would pay a plow.
The breakfast was good, I have nothing poor to say about Julia's cooking, but that's about the only thing I don't have anything bad to say. Our "private" deck was overlooking the driveway, there was nothing private about it. The cheap plastic stairs outside of the hot tub shattered from the ice (I am a wopping size 2 and it shattered from my weight) and I sprained my ankle.
Overall, this trip was a huge disappointment. I was concerned about wasting my money, but we would have had a better weekend just eating the cash and never going there and experiencing the headache. There is no excuse in the world about them not plowing and allowing all of their customers to get stuck in the hills. Absolute rip off.

Also, it is very tacky that they are rebutting every negative review with the fact that some people return there. I was swayed into booking this mistake because of all of the positive reviews, I can assure you that this is a waste.

3 Thank Christina O
CherryValleyManor, Manager at Cherry Valley Manor, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Christina O, we thank you for your feedback.

We would like to clarify: our cancelation policy is to issue a full refund up to 14 days prior to the visit. It is clearly stated in regular size font on the reservation form which you, or any other guest fills out and signs at the time of booking.

As for the plowing, the road you got stuck on is a communal road and not our Inn's driveway. That cul-de-sac road (populated by several households and quite far from being desolate) is regularly maintained and was plowed earlier the day of the blizzard. That said, the snow fall was unusually heavy and continuous, so keeping the roads constantly clean would require plowing them every 30 minutes. As you said, you were able to check in ok, but it was on your way back from an outing that you got stuck, since the snow kept accumulating. Still expecting the check-in of more guests we desperately tried to reach out to various individual plowers, but since the whole region was affected, everyone was busy. We finally succeeded at hiring someone who was supposed to come at 4PM, but given the disastrous weather he could not make it until later in the evening.

The other guest that you mention was actually stuck three blocks away from our Inn and when we picked them up they commented that no two-wheel drive car can manage the region's roads when the snowfall in this strong.

This has been an unprecedented winter with record amounts of snow and it is especially strongly experienced in the country side. We have been running the Inn for 6 years and we are located next to two great skiing mountains, which means we are very busy in winter. This was the first time anyone ever had trouble getting to us.

The condition of the town roads being outside of our control, we made sure to manually plow our driveway and to give guests rides to dinner and back as well as pick you up from 'Park and Ride'. Our guests were most appreciative of our efforts and we were happy to do what we could to help them enjoy their visit despite the horrible winter weather.

Julia and Stan
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was the first time we had ever gone to a B&B and I must admit that I was immensely impressed and would recommend this to anyone looking for romantic getaway and relaxation. I fell in love the moment we arrived- we were welcomed by Stan who was charming and made us feel comfortable. We stayed in the Tiffany Suite, VERY romantic! The bed was super comfortable, the hot tub was amazing, and the shower-WOW. The best part was all the privacy- from the room, private bathroom, hot tub and your own breakfast. The home is gorgeous, with impeccable taste, very elegant and luxurious. The pictures don't do this B&B justice. The breakfast was DELICIOUS- we were served bagel, watermelon, yogurt, turkey and cheese omelet and chocolate stuffed eclairs. I was stuffed! They really make sure you don't leave with an empty stomach. They were very accommodating, and gave you space and privacy with a smile. We had a wonderful experience and can't wait to stay again. I will tell you that its much easier to locate by using the directions from their website.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, Stan and Julia were the best of hosts. Their B&B is immaculate, the rooms are beautiful and outfitted with the most wonderful of amenities, our large bed was extremely comfortable, and their breakfasts were lavish and delicious. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay in the Delaware Water Gap, this is definitely it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I don't understand the mixed reviews I have been reading. We had a great experience at Cherry Valley Manor. The home of Julia & Stan is immaculate and the attention to detail in the decor & food preparation was top notch. You can tell the owners really take pride in their business. Not overly friendly, but we didn't feel ignored, either. I think they feel they want you to have privacy, but are available to you, if need be. The rooms, as with any hotel/B&B, look larger in pictures, than they really are, but still very clean & nice. Very relaxing & romantic atmosphere. The homemade food was delicious and very well presented. The only downfall, was it was very difficult to locate, even with our GPS. I think the small roads it is located on(not recognized by the GPS), and the road construction, make it hard to navigate. My suggestion would be to punch in The Sycamore Grille, and use that as your landmark. Cherry Valley Rd. is directly across the street from here & the B&B is roughly 5 min. from there. All in all, we found this place to be a worthy place & will definitely be back again !

Room Tip: We stayed in the Romantic Occasion room. Kinda small; bathroom very small; nice king bed & jacu...