“Excellent staff and CLEAN”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed 12 April 2012

New, clean and great helpful staff. Rooms are really well designed. Good exercise equipment. Nice breafast choices.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

So glad that you enjoyed our hotel, thank you for the review. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Booked a 1 Night Stay, was given to my suprise a Suite instead of a regular room. No complaints there.. Room was extra large, & super comfortable. Large Flatscreen TV, Kitchenette, Microwave & Fridge.. Room was clean & smelled fresh... Check in was a breeze, Breakfast area is what you would expect at any HIE property.. Parking lot was well lit & seemed secure. Rear gate for parking lot was closed - so one way in & one way out. If in the area - I'd def return...

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor seem to be the quietest, not much of a view in either direction - but the mou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AMTK41

Thank you for your review! Guest safety and satisfaction are our number one concerns and we are glad you felt safe and secure during your stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Flew in on the red-eye, arrived early, around 11:00 and asked if we could check-in early (3:00 is check-in.) The front desk told me that check-in is at 3 and to come back then - no suggestion to come back a little early, etc. Called Corporate and filed a complaint - not about their check-in policy, but about the response. Came back on our own at 1:00 to sit in the lobby to wait (in lieu of the car or the restuarant,) and was then offered a room as she "didn't want us to wait any longer." The room was excellent, as we expected, and no other problems.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry to hear about your experience when you tried to check in early. We do try to check in Guests who arrive to the hotel early if we have the availability at that time. I understand that the Front Desk person did not explain that to you and again I do apologize. We do our best to accomodate all our Guests with early check in as well as late check out. However I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay after you checked into the hotel. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again if you return to Stroudsburg!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I'm very picky on staying in hotels, but this hotel was so clean and the beds were so comfortable. The front desk girls were very nice and helpfull.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank tinny130
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed everything. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Note to all motel/hotel owners and managers: allowing staff to hand around in front of the entry door, barefoot while holding a beer can in one hand, a cigarette in the other is a VERY BAD idea! Somehow, this doesn’t portray an image of a clean, respectable or safe place to stay, even for one night. Yes, I know, it was the day Stroudsburg celebrated St. Patrick’s Day (two weeks late – don’t get that one), but, nonetheless, the look is far from professional. Despite this inauspicious “welcome” I left the car under the portico and started toward the lobby, intending to either check in or cancel my reservation should the unprofessional outdoor image prove a good portend for the motel itself. I need not have bothered, for before I could reach the door, a woman called out “Yeah…you need to check in or something?” It was the same barefoot woman with the beer and cigarette. This was all I needed to see or hear. I got back into my car, left and called the main number to cancel my reservation. Who knows? Perhaps this was an isolated incident in an otherwise well run property, or, perhaps it’s an indicator that management needs to tighten things up a tad.

Room Tip: Beware arriving during town celebrations - the staff just might have done a tad too much celebrating
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Shoya

I am very sorry that you did not decide to stay at our hotel and for the experience you had. I hope that you would please contact me directly to discuss what happened when you arrived at the hotel. This is obviously not something that we condone here and I would like to investigate this farther. None of my female Guest Service Representatives smoke so I too am trying to decide if this is a joke and will be talking to each and everyone of my employees personally. If you would like to contact me the hotel number directly is 570-872-9040.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife, 2 year old son and I took a weekend trip to the Poconos 3/8-3/10/2012. We have stayed at other hotels in the area. One was closer to the outlets, one was closer to the race track in June/August and the other is a little farther out. As long as it had an indoor pool we would stay. However now that we have a son who loves to play and be a normal 2 year old we had to get away from the rundown hotels.
I read reviews and saw that the HI Express was fairly new and decided to give it a shot. It might be a little pricier than the other hotels in the area but the price is worth it. I booked a room online with my AAA discount and got a 2 Queen Bed Room. I noted that I prefer a King since my son would sleep with us so he won't fall from the Queen Bed and he won't sleep in a rollaway. When we arrived the girl at the front desk upgraded us to a King Suite. It was on the 4th floor. Very Quiet, Very Nice Room. My son had a little extra room to play and we had a dining table, a pull out sofa and a microwave, fridge and sink. All we needed was a stove and we could live there.
Overall the hotel is very clean and quiet. I have read other reviews and the other guests must have been on lower floors. The pool was warm and the breakfast selections were decent for being free. The only thing the hotel doesn't have is a great view. But that's it.
We definitely found the only place we will stay when visiting the Poconos from now on.

Room Tip: 4th Floor Suites are the way to go.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! We work very hard to deliver excellent Guest experiences and it makes us feel great when we hear you had such a wonderful visit to our hotel. Thank you again, and see you next time!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our stay was great . Hotel is very clean and modern. King room was excellent. Love the LG HD flat screen tv! Free WIFI , free breakfast. Can't ask for more!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Mark -
Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay, hope you come stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!