“HI Express Stroudsburg is a good value”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Skaneateles, NY
“HI Express Stroudsburg is a good value”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel on our way home from NYC. It is right off of the highway right before the Delaware Water Gap. The area where the hotel is located is a bit dumpy but the property itself is lovely. Nicely decorated common areas and beautiful rooms. Bathrooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast is good. My only complaint is the quality of the sheets and towells (very rough and scratchy). Overall, a very quiet and pleasant experience! We would consider coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I’m sorry about the sheets and towels, I’m not sure what happened there, I will talk to housekeeping and our laundry departments, normally they are pretty fluffy :) I’m glad you enjoyed your stay aside from that and we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area, hopefully you are able to stay a few days and visit some of our great Poconos attractions!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Usually stay at this property when in the Stroudsburg area on business. This HIE offers the newest hotel property in the area. Understanding some of the kids in the tri state area were off for Passover - the breakfast area was packed to capacity & some people were eating breakfast outside the lobby doors. But it was just bad timing on my end for breakfast & not the hotel's fault. Ran into 2 issues - 1st - When checking in - I was not greeted as a priority club member & felt rushed to get my credit card # & off to my room. Perhaps the blonde at the desk wasn't having a good day, but a little kindness goes a long way when doing a tripadvisor report. 2nd off - when I entered my room & opened the fridge I was greeted by 2 items of melted ice cream Dixie cups. The rooms offer a fridge but not a freezer. At the very least this should have been picked up by the housekeeper when she serviced the room. I didn't report the findings to the front desk - wasn't looking for the housekeeper to be fired or anything, just a note to hotel mgmt to make sure the fridge is cleaned out before a new guest arrival.

Otherwise - had a enjoyable & comfortable stay. Room was quiet & parking lot was well lit and felt secure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AMTK41
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for the review and I would like to apologize for your check in experience as well as the ice cream. You are correct it should have been picked up by housekeeping and I will definitely share this with not only our housekeeping department but the Front Desk staff as well. Not to get anyone in trouble, but just so they know it happened and it’s something that should not happen and to be more careful in the future. And a little kindness does go a long way if it is for a Trip Advisor report or not. Thank you again for the review and I do apologize for the issues, otherwise I am glad your stay was enjoyable and I hope you chose to stay with us if you are ever in the Poconos again!
Rochester
Reviewed 6 April 2013

In town for business and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Super clean property, nice room, comfy bed, good breakfast and the staff was very friendly and willing to help with dinner suggestions.
Stroudsburg is a great town with lots of choices for dinner, fun and relaxation.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and have some fun even when in town on business. We hope to see you again!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Perfect for overnight stay, hot breakfast with pancakes eggs and sausage. Cinnamon buns, hot coffee with flavored creamers. Indoor pool with a sauna, perfect for the winter time. Very new and renovated rooms. Perfect stay!! Highly recommended!!! Would definitely stay again when I return.

Room Tip: I had a suite and it was great for the price.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast, those cinnamon buns are pretty delicious!! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We (2 families; 2 adults & 6 kids) went skiing at Camelback during spring break. I was looking for a hotel that is clean, conveniently located close to Camelback .... At first, I was looking for a place at Tannersville (town where Camelback is). After reading all the reviews, decided to go a bit further and settled on Holiday Inn.
Pros:
- friendly & efficient staff
- very clean
- look modern and new
- beds are very comfortable (though quite high)
- flat screen TV (my kids said you can even bring cable to hook up gaming system)
- fridge & microwave in the room
- bathroom is quite spacious
- good selection of complimentary breakfast (waffle makers at other places seem to be better than the pancake machine)
- pool is clean (ok size but bigger than most places in similar class hotels)
- 10-15 minutes from Camelback
- on a quiet road though very close to all the major highways
- "breakfast room" has fireplace and TV; with enough tables to play board games and cards; I spent a few hours working at night there (free wi-fi).

There are really no 'cons' unless you are expecting a 5 star hotel. Kids and adults really enjoyed the stay. Thank you!

1 Thank bolityzo
Thank you for the review! I am glad you ended up choosing to stay here with us and that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again!
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night after skiing at shawnee mountain. Katie at the front desk was wonderful. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay. The room was nice, big and clean. Will definitely stay again, and recommend to all my friends.

Stayed March 2013
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you so much for the review and recommendation! Katie is awesome! Thank you so much, see you next time!
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is very new and everything is very clean and very tastefully decorated. We had a king room with a sofa bed and the room was HUGE! The bathroom was huge too though there was nowhere to put your toiletries. There was a lack of furniture in there with just a very small sink and one small shelf with their complimentary toiletries. One family in our party didn't have hot water when they tried to shower at 5am. We had to leave the hotel at 6am for a softball tournament and when I asked the front desk about the possibility of having access to something for breakfast the lady was very short with me and just said that their wasn't anyone on at that time that could help me. In the morning there was bananas, yogurts and cinnamon buns out. She could have told me that! We also found that it was a very noisy hotel so we had to use the white noise app on our iPad. The hotel itself is very nice with a lovely pool but the hotel was full and noisy when we stayed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the review! It sounds by your room description that you may have gotten one of our wheel chair accessible rooms. I’m sorry if this was not what you booked or maybe if you booked a standard room we would give whatever room we had available. I also apologize about breakfast our weekend breakfast hours are from 7 am to 10 am however, we do keep Oatmeal, coffee, tea and hot chocolate out at all times and typically the night person will make whatever they are able to put out available to our Guests if we have a large Group that needs to leave Breakfast I am sorry that she did not inform you of that. I will definitely mention this to the Front Desk staff. Thank you for the review and hopefully the next time you are in the Poconos you will come and stay with us again!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!