“Group trip to Camelback”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
“Group trip to Camelback”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I organized a ski trip of about 40 (half kids) to nearby Camelback mountain. The Holiday Inn Express is clean and modern. Location was terrific (a large group dinner to nearby Studebakers restaurant was a success, Camelback is about 12 mins away). This hotel is good side of modest chain hotels: clean, efficient, comfortable beds, reasonable price. It's not fancy, but a very good value. The smallish pool came very much in handy for some of the families with kids. Also the breakfast was a nice included item - they have this pancake making machine, which I've never seen before. It was a big hit with the kids. Overall we were very pleased with our stay here. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
New York it was a pleasure to have your group in our Hotel and we hope to be seeing you every year now.. Thanks again.now .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Middletown, NJ
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Check in was quick and easy, staff was friendly & helpful, rooms very clean & Large. Free Wifi, Pool & Gym. Very close to some great restaurants. We ate 2 minutes down the road at Texas Road House and for Breakfast Perkins is a second away. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that there was no couch, but no big deal we had a Kind bed not as comfortable as my own but it worked. Jacuzzi Bathtub in room, jets felt amazing. Complimentary basic breakfast available in the morning. Vending machines and atm available. Right off I 80. Fridge and Microwave in the room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you are you review on our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come visit us again.
Carver, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews from Tripadvisor. I was very disappointed and I'm easy to please!

Check in was easy and the woman at the desk was friendly and helpful. We booked this hotel for ONE night before we went to Great wolf Lodge which is only about a 10 minute drive. The room was clean and small but perfect for one night. We headed straight for the pool. That's when things went bad. The pool area was clean and neat but the room itself was dingy. The pool water however was cloudy and the hot tub was broken. We tried to put the bubbles on to get some hot water in there but the water came out freezing cold.

Breakfast was one of the positive things. It's those pre-packaged eggs in a tray but like I said, I'm not picky. I was just happy to have a hot cup of coffee. They also had fruit and some other things.

We checked out that morning and soon realized that we had forgotten our daughters medicine in the refrigerator. I called and the girl at the desk informed me that she would go grab it so I could come later that day. When I came back later that day it was NOWHERE to be found. The girl at the desk was helpful but I was NOT impressed with the customer service overall. I won't go into detail, but they are very unprofessional.

Don't stay here. Go get a room in a different town if this is rated #1.

Room Tip: We got the room with 2 QUEEN beds and we were very comfortable. :-)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily L
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Emily I am so sorry you experienced an issue at our Hotel. We strive to please our guest and I am hoping you will come stay with us again so we can show you that our guest service is important to us. Please give me a call so we can talk.. Thank you again
PORT ALLEGANY
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just off I-80 and easy to find, we came in from the cold to read my first name identified on the blackboard as a platinum member and were immediately offered a suite upgrade without even asking. So the room was spacious with a kitchenette, clean and contemporary. The hot breakfast was ample and staff service pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Anna its means alot to my staff and myself when a guest takes the time to write a review about us. Hope we get to see you more often at our hotel. Thanks again
Queens
Reviewed 25 January 2014

There is a reason this hotel is number 1 in the area, it is phenomenal! The hotel is new, clean and the rooms are large. The beds were amazing and the pillows!! It was like resting my head on a cloud. The service was also good and the breakfast was your standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The male breakfast attendant was very nice and made small take as I was getting my food. My only compliant is that the wifi is not up to par with the rest of the hotel. It took way to long to upload an attachment that was not even a large file. Other than that, great hotel and will definitely return when my travels bring me back to the area. Oh, the hotel is also very close to shopping and Camelback Mountain.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for the great review, Im sorry you had an issue with the WIFI we are also glad when a guest brings things to our attention so we can improve on this. Thank you
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Staff was very friendly, the property was very clean and organized. The room had a nice smell and looked clean as well. The breakfast was simple yet good tasting. The surrounding area was very nice as well. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit with us again soon, Ski season is here.Thanks again
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here during a weekend trip to Shawnee Mountain to ski. The place sits in a more rundown part of town just off the highway, but once you're inside it's like a different world. As soon as we entered our room we realized the heat was off and it was freezing. Turned up the thermostat, but nothing. Called the front desk and in less then 5 minutes we were in a new and warm room. The room was very clean, jacuzzi was worth the extra money, and complementary breakfast was a step up from fast-food. I'd definitely stay here again, anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam M
Sorry you had a problem with your room , but was glad the front desk was able to move you quickly and you enjoyed your stay with us. Im sure we will see you on your next trip to the area. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!