“I Usually Wait”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
“I Usually Wait”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I usually wait a few days after I stay in a hotel to rate it, I just couldn't wait.

I'm looking around the room and I see a tall bed with clean linen, many seats, eight lamps that all have a place to plug in electronics, a couch in a conversation area; all in this room. Just noticed an arch way between the bed area and the couch area. How cool is that!! Bath vanity is at a handicap height, very useful.

You have to see this place to believe it. One of the best I've every stayed at while on the road.

Ernie B

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Eburkartjr
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Ernie ,Thank you for you Great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon. Thanks again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Not a bad place.... but I've had issues most every time I've stayed here. There is a hottub by the pool, but in the six or so times I have stayed at this hotel, the hottub has ALWAYS been cold. After 15 minutes of the jets being on, it isn't much warmer. Maybe they could find a way to warm the thing up somewhat.... I have NEVER been able to get it to be hot enough to soak in. Also my bill is ALWAYS messed up, and always takes several phone calls or faxes to straighten out (I'm here on business). Could be a lot better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear BenDareDunDat,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us specifically with the hot tub and with the bill. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We reserved a block of rooms for an event in the Stroudsburg, PA area and had a great stay. We were treated to a Wednesday night Happy Hour with food and drinks and enjoyed the breakfast and pancakes in the morning. The front desk staff were friendly and extremely accommodating. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We now have a corporate account with the hotel and look forward to many more visits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott W
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are so happy you had a chance to be with us at our Managers Reception. We enjoy getting to talk with our guest on Wednesday night. Thanks again
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed over the past weekend and I must say the whole place was GREAT I remember talking with a very nice young woman named Katie before I arrived and she was very helpful then check in was a breeze.... breakfast Saturday morning was great as well n I noticed Katie n another very nice gentlemen walking around talking to everyone asking how everything was I tell ya what a great place again can't wait to come and stay again....and for one final note pool n room was great as well big high beds!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elisa033_12
Thank you for the review about our hotel. Katie is a special person at our hotel and I am glad you got to meet her. We look forward to your next visit to the Poconos.Thanks again.
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

From when I walked in till when I left..nothing but excellent service.The scouts stayed here to go tubing .The staff were remarkable people ..katie,Stacey Alexis . Those ladies went above and beyond to make my Cubscouts and there families happy ..we will be going back there and would recommend this hotel to anyone . Oh and great location to get to all food.and fun ...thanks again ladies .

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jadenmaxwell
Gale S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. We had alot of fun with the Cub Scouts with us. I will make sure the Front Desk sees your review. I hope we can plan to see you this summer with another adventure in the Poconos. Thanks again
maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Feb while we went skiing at a local ski resort. The hotel was wonderful! The room was clean, the pillows and mattresses were very comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Best of all was the free breakfast, best one I have ever had! Huge buffet breakfast that had everything you could ask for, I couldn't believe they offered this for free. We were a family of 5 (3 grown sons) and this breakfast would have easily cost $100 if we had gone out to eat. Thanks again, I would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luvmyfive
Thank you for writing a very kind review of our hotel. We do take pride in pleasing our guest. We look forward to your stay with us again.,. Thank you
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very close to the slopes of Camelback! Breakfast in the lobby/lounge area was very good to have before a day of skiing. Room was well appointed and the staff, with the exception of one of the three front desk women, were all very kind. The wall paper under the sink appeared to be dirty and was peeling off the wall though. All in all, great choice for a quick long weekend ski getaway.

Room Tip: The Double rooms were well appointed and had a large tv and free wifi