“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Not really sure about the negative reviews. Our stay here was wonderful! Everything was clean and fresh and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We got the king room with the hot tub and it was awesome. We will definitely come here and stay again if we are ever in the area. The breakfast was delicious and every thing was neat and organized. Keep it up guys!

Room Tip: Nice place to stay if you are in the area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for the great review!! See you next time!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Came up here for a golf event to play in so I read the reviews and looked at the pictures of the hotel but when I got there I was very surprised. The appearance was fine but the hallway to our room smelled awful like curry. The air in our room didn't work that well and when it did it gave out same odor as hallway. After I tossed and turned for a while at night I work up with 2 bites on my face and about 4 on my body. Not sure what bit me but I'm sure that kept me up at first. I may have to come up this way next year at this time but there is NO WAY I stay here again. If I have a to stay further away from the course so be it, this place was awful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike G
Katie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I would like to apologize for everything if you would please contact me at the hotel. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was overall a good experience. The man running the breakfast was excellent. He was kept everything really clean and well-stocked and was cheerful and nice to everyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank p m

Thank you for the review See you next time!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for one night while driving on Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania. The hotel is about 1 mile off of the Interstate. The hotel lobby and common areas were clean and well maintained. The hotel room was large and clean. The linens and furniture looked newer. The free breakfast was freshly made with a good variety of food and drinks. Try a sticky bun/cinnamon roll. Yum! We stayed during the week and our party of 6 never had a problem getting rooms at the last minute or finding a table to eat breakfast. The only complaint was that the sleeper sofa was uncomfortable to sleep on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mkovatch

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the pull out sofa bed. We have been open for about 3 years and everyday we strive to maintain the hotel. Again thank you and see you next time your passing on the highway.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel seems fairly new, clean and well taken care of. Only problem with the hotel itself was that the internet would jump offline, and had to be reset frequently (average once every an hour).

The strange location? It's about a mile off I-80, in the middle of an older business area, you really think you've made a wrong turn. The college area, a mile in the OTHER direction, has several really nice sidewalk restaurants and shops.

All in all, a good stay......once you find it, and aren't planning on doing much internet work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thanks you for taking time out of your day to review our Hotel. Im sorry to hear you had an issue with our internet, I will make sure we check into this matter. I hope we see you again soon and Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it was close to Camelbeach and were pleased wih our choice. The hotel looks very new and the rooms were very large and immaculately well kept. The hotel pool and spa complex was great. My disappointments were only tiny details - the pool towels were thin, old and small (they wouldn't wrap around my 140lb body!) and there weren't enough tables at breakfast. We went down twice & both times, there were people wandering about with plates of food and nowhere to sit. There was no robe either. I realise it's a Holiday Inn Express but for $250 per night, I expect little luxuries like that.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bullbert

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope next time your going to Camelbeach you will stay with us again..

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend for a youth soccer tournament. We were one of six teams (soccer and little league staying at the hotel). I am not sure I would have been as pleased if I was a road warrior just passing through and looking for rest.
As a team, we had a wonderful time. The Hotel is fairly new and quite clean. The free breakfast is somewhat above average as far as moderate hotel free breakfasts go. The lobby is nicer than you would expect and between the lobby and the breakfast area, left lots of rooms for teams and parents to congregate before games and at night and socialize and have a good time. The rooms are perfectly fine. The Gym is a weak, no AC, just a cheap oscillating fan, one each of a bike, an elliptical and a treadmill and somekind of weight stack - no free weights of benches etc. The pool is pretty nice for an indoor pool with a decent sized hot tub.
All in all, I would not hesitate to stay here again, but again if you are a business or leisure traveler, call ahead to find out how many youth sports teams are staying as they really had the rule of the place during our visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we were so pleased to host all the teams over the holiday weekend. Hope to see you next time in the Poconos.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!