“Comfy and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were both really happy with this hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff was nice and holy free breakfast. It was delicious. We stayed for a wedding taking place nearby. It was a good central location. There is also an indoor pool and a game room. Though the game room was a bit warm. Definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2014
Sade B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Im so glad you liked your stay and loved the free hot breakfast. I will pass your comments on to the team. See you next time.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I just checked out of this hotel after a two-night stay. We had a King suite with the sofa area, so the room was fine. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. But the breakfast was lackluster to the point of certain items being inedible. I had to throw out scrambled eggs because they tasted as though they had been blended with some foul liquid. Perhaps they were past the expiration date - I'm not generally hard to please, but this tasted dangerous. There was no fruit available other than a few apples - it's peak fruit season, mid summer. This isn't Motel 6, put out something decent for these prices. Cannot compare to the Hampton Inn in Milford, PA where we stayed previously.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sal S
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great Holiday Inn Express!
Very modern and very comfortable! Also very clean and well appointed with many amenities!
Beds in regular rooms are high up and like sleeping in a firm but comfy cloud!
The lady who checked us in was extremely accommodating when we realized my elderly Mom could not get up into the high beds. She shuffled around so we were both in rooms close together (two rooms) with the handicapped room which was VERY well appointed and VERY roomy!
Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. . . long enough hours to enjoy in PM and AM!
Would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I think being upstairs and on the end room was probably quieter! But rooms seemed well insulated ag...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback via tripadvisor for your "Classy and modern stay" We strive to provide you with a clean and friendly place to stay while you are away from home, and I am so happy that we provided that to you. Ill be sure to share your comments with the team. See you next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked this hotel for 3 nights. Arrived late but was promptly checked in. We got to our room and noticed it was very hot, so my husband turned on the air conditioner. As soon as he turned it on, it started squealing very loudly and did not blow cool air. So, he picked up the phone to call the front desk only to find that neither phone worked in our room. So, he went down to the front desk only to be told that there is nothing that could be done and that we could find another hotel or stay in this room as the hotel was booked solid. He was told that we could switch rooms the next day when they become available. Since it was so late and we were very tired, we decided to stay thinking that we could handle the warm room for one night. Well, as we get to sleep, the people above us must have brought a "bouncy house" with them as all we heard ALL night was them stomping and jumping above us. We would have picked up the phone to complain, but of course, our phones didn't work. The next morning my husband went to the front desk only to be told that we would have to stay in our room or check out. I promptly got on tripadvisor.com and found a hotel located nearby with GREAT reviews. I called them and they had one room left, so we checked out. I will never stay at this place again. I did give it one star because we got a reduced rate on an already overpriced room for the one night we did stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank MichelleLS11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear MichelleLS11,

Connie D

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Pros: Fantasticly comfortable bed, free coffee and breakfast with a few things to choose from, nicely furnished/clean. Easy to get around in and park.

Cons: Second night bed sheets were pilled (should have been replaced). If you plan to work out bring your outdoor shoes because the indoor fitness area was awful - biggest misses being faulty air conditioning, tv's not working, and no sanitation wipes or spray to clean off the equipment.

Stayed: August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Jennifer C ,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

We read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room condition and fitness center. We deeply regret that these aspects have negatively affected your overall experience with us.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

A little over priced for a Holiday Inn.
Clean rooms
BBW brand for shampoo/conditioner and lotion, they also have mouthwash and soap.
Breakfast choices could be improved. We had to ask for the plates/napkins and utensils to be replenished.
My husband was trying to get his coffee when four or so housekeepers were getting their coffee and took forever.

Stayed: August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear jembushong ,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and breakfast experience. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

For a new (3yr old) hotel, it's still in good shape! The beds were comfy, everything was clean, and the staff was nice. We never got breakfast so I don't know how it is. The internet (wifi) worked great for the most part, late at night it would cut out but that's ok.

Just a few things:
- I'm not sure if it's because the hotel was sold out this weekend, but there isn't a single light in front of the sign outside which made it a little hard to find the hotel at night. If that's not the case, then there needs to be a spotlight on the sign because there are no street lights in the area.
- While the hallway was very hot, our room was FREEZING! If the AC wasn't on 60/62 then it didn't work. Also, the unit is insanely loud and scared me/woke me up in the middle of the night.
- our bathroom door was SO LOUD. I don't know if it needed WD-40 or what but if one of us went to use the bathroom then the other one woke up instantly. I wouldn't be surprised if people around us didn't wake up.
- breakfast is only til 10a so if you're a late sleeper, like us, there's a Perkins down the street.

I'd definitely stay again, we're looking to come back next month because it's the cleanest hotel we've found that's close to Mount Airy Casino.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Katie M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My sicere apologizs about our outside lighting it was struck by lighting and was down for a few days. I will pass you review on to the rest of the staff cant wait till your return see you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!