Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$152
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$177
  • Breakfast included
US$185
US$239
Hampton.com
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$116
QualityInn
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$128
US$125
US$174
US$149
All reviewsthe cottagescocktail hourledgemere suiteswedding venuemid weekmain buildingsalad barprime ribseafood buffetgas fireplacethanksgiving dinneroutdoor weddingindoor poolmultiple weddingsrestaurant staffliving areacountry ham
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was just there this past weekend for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding. Starting at the rehearsal Friday night, up until the breakfast Sunday morning I have not a single complaint. The grounds were gorgeous. The rooms spacious and clean. The entire venue was amazing. Every single person that I met who worked there was so nice and courteous. They would have gone out of their way to make us happy. Friday night: We had the buffet in the restaurant. There was fresh seafood as well as steak and chicken. There was not a single thing eaten by our group of 22 that tasted bad. They had chicken fingers and french fries for the kids even though it wasn't part of the buffet. Saturday (Wedding Day): Checking in at the hotel was fast and they made sure all accommodations were correct. We needed a crib and it was in the room ready for us. The people taking care of the bridal party were completely amazing. They even took a drink order for us and had it ready as soon as the ceremony was over while we were taking pictures. The cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were fantastic and a great variety. Everyone serving was very nice. The reception was wonderful as well. The set up in the room was gorgeous and the food was wonderful. We asked the waiter to leave my daughter's food on the table because she might come back to it and he left it there all night. The owner Linda gave all the children a gift bag with a book and some candy in it. I thought that was very sweet of her. They had this great cookie and milk station that was to die for. Sunday morning: The continental breakfast was nice. They had the usual bagels, muffins, and cereal. One of the waiters heard my daughter say she wanted something else and he offered to get her anything she wanted even though we were at the free continental breakfast. Check out was fast and easy. When we got home my husband realized he forgot his phone charger in the room. I called the hotel and they said that housekeeping found it and since we lived in NY they were mailing it back to us. My entire family loved it so much, 18 of us are going back for the Grand Buffet for Father's Day. I definitely recommend this place for an affair, just dinner or even a night away from the kids.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The Stroudsmoor Country Inn is one of those hidden gems that you have to know about from past experience or word of mouth. It is nestled atop the Pocono Mountains overlooking a breathtaking view of the valley of Stroudsburg.
We have dined here before on a Saturday night for their Grand Buffett. A combination of American and International favorites. This trip to the Pocono's gave us the opportunity to try the Friday night Fiesta Di Mare Italian Seafood Buffett. For only $32.95 per person, this is a must dining experience to add to your bucket list. Let me describe some of the offerings available by type of food. A sample menu is on their website, it varies each Friday so call to find the selections for your Friday night. I will describe this dining treat in waves like a military beach invasion. I have a systematic approach to buffet dining. The non pros take a plate with main course, salad, appetizer, and sides all piled on top of each other. Wrong approach!
Section one consisted of a traditional green salad bar with all types of other salads and breads included. I cannot describe any of these since I skipped this table completely. Now it's time to play hard ball!
The seafood appetizer section included thumb size jumbo shrimp cocktail which were tender and very tasty. Also on this table was Italian insalada Di Pecse, oysters on the half shell, smoked white fish, smoked salmon and a few other cold offerings.
Round two moved on to the hot selections for the evening. The seafood bisque was flavorful but lacked the abundance of chucks of seafood like the seafood bisque at Mud City Crab House in Long Beach Island, NJ.
The next round had linguine with white clam sauce which was very good, plenty of chopped clams on top. It was good but again my standard for linguine with white clam sauce is Don Peppe's in Ozone Park, NY.
Next wave was two dozen steamed cherry stone steamed clams with drawn butter. Very sweet and tender clams. Right next door were steamed crab legs. Also excellent.
The main entree wave had two halves. For the non seafood lovers there was prime rib, sliced pork roast, meatballs in red sauce, and a chicken cutlet dished dish. I passed on all of them but the meat and potatoes member of our group loved all of them.
They also had sides of escarole with garlic and oil, stuffed mushrooms and bland fish cakes. The star of the evening was three portions of the signature dish of Seafood Scampi. A wonderful scampi sauce with shrimp, scallops, and small lobster tails cut in half. Definitely a return trip let's have another portion treat. Well now that we are stuffed beyond belief, our waiter offers us desert and coffee. All included were creme brûlée, flan, apple crisp, chocolate mousse, various pies and cakes.
Are you kidding me, all this spectacular food for under $35!
I felt guilty paying the check and wonder if I should throw another twenty on the table,
Add the Stroudsmoor Fiesta Di Mare to you must do bucket list. You will not be disappointed. A signature destination has been created!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We were the guests who weren't in one of the multiple weddings this romantic venue hosts. But we went to the bar and got perfect martinis and energy with a side of family drama, that only weddings can bring. We stayed in Room 93 for $129, heck of a bargain considering you got two rooms with views. The staff was friendlier than you can get at a chain. The watchful owner was there to make sure that everything went perfectly. Like weddings should.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Chuck N
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had our daughter's wedding at SCI 5/11/14. Couldn't have enjoyed it more! The rooms were great, the food fantastic and the service is superb. I can highly recommend it for a casual stay or a memorable event. They know how to do it right.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went up for Easter . It was a wonderful place . Rooms were clean staff was good not great but good . The food was wonderful ,we did the Easter dinner well worth it . Indoor pool was warm water was beautiful . For the price would do again only not when a wedding was going on ! The "kids that had a wedding were too noisy and loud all night had to call security for them" other then that is was good .

Room Tip: Not durning a wedding
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family