“Our Amazing Wedding Weekend”

Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Newark, De
“Our Amazing Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We got married at the Terraview location on Sat Oct 23rd, 2010. It was the most amazing weekend of my life. My husband and I arrived on Wed Oct 20th. Check in was quick and easy, we unpacked and went to the Inn for dinner. We just had the soup and salad bar but it was really good.
We had our final meeting Thursday morning with Cathleen and everything was all set for the ceremony on Sat. They are really organized. We had several meetings over the last year and I felt confident that it would be wonderful. That afternoon our wedding party arrived. It was great to see everyone arrive and so excited about there cabins and the property. We met to do the rehearsal and then had dinner at the Auradell room. Food was excellent. Amanda and the rest of the staff was so attentive, checking in with my husband and I throughout the night. They really did a great job making sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying themselves. Then we went to the bar in the Inn. The Phillies were playing so the guys were anxious to watch the game. We did have an issue with the timing of when the bar was to close, but Amanda handled it for us and they kept the bar open until 10pm like we had been originally told.
Breakfast was wonderful and included in your stay. Full breakfast every morning was a nice touch
Rooms: We had family and friends staying in the Inn, Cabins on the Commons, highland cottages, and Ledgemeer suites. All the rooms were very nice. It was so fun to go see where everyone was staying and what their room looked like.
Saturday morning: I had my hair and makeup done by Chris at the Spa & Bridal Studio. She did a wonderful job. My mom, aunt and bridesmaids also got their hair and makeup done and all looked amazing. Gina is so great to work with.
Ceremony: The ceremony was gorgeous. My flowers were done by A touch of Elegance out of NJ. It was the perfect outdoor location with all the fall foliage. Again Amanda and Cathleen were there to get us all set up to walk down the aisle. After the ceremony, cocktail hour started immediately while we did pictures with the bridal party and family. The servers were again excellent. My guests made so many comments on how many butlered h'orderves there were along with the cheese and fruit station. Some people even boxed up there dinner because they were so full from cocktail hour. During the reception, the wait staff were always checking in with us. My dad said the one lady (tall with short dark hair, sorry I can't remember her name), always had a new drink for him. She was also really good to me and my husband. Dinner was very good. I was a little disappointed with the caesar salad, mine was a little brown and looked like it was out of a bag. They sent us home with lots of cake, desserts and two more full dinners. That was so nice because we actually got to enjoy them the next day and not feel rushed.
I had hired a wedding planner to help with vendor choices and decor ideas. Samantha Goldberg (Gold Events) and her team of Carla, Andrea and Alison are amazing. They made my wedding the best ever. Everyone said how beautiful it was. They worked with Stroudsmoor to make everything perfect for me. The night was better than I could ever have wished for. You can go through Stroudmoor for vendors but I wanted Sam's ideas and knew she would have great people to work with. From DJ Mike to the lighting company they were all phenomenal. She designed my menu cards, programs and caramel apple favor place cards. Her team went above and beyond for us.

The girls also went to Bushkill waterfalls on Friday while the guys went golfing. What a beautiful hike. We did the 2 hour hike and got a great workout. It was so gorgeous. We got some great pictures.

We also hosted a welcome bonfire party Friday night at Barley Creek Brewing company. We had about 100 guests and again everyone had a great time. Food was great and my guests really enjoyed the atomsphere. Everything was decorated for Halloween and looked really good.

It can be expensive to get married here but in the end it was definitely worth it.

Overall I feel I had the most amazing weekend at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn. Thank you to all the staff who helped make everything perfect and making us feel so special, especially Amanda and Cathleen. I can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I have stayed at the Stroudsmoor on several occasions with my wife and children. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are always nice and extremely neat and clean. We enjoy being able to swim in the indoor pool in the winter season. The restaraunt has excellent food. If you have a chance, go to the buffet brunch.

Bucks County, PA
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Stroudsmoor Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Highland Cottage. The setting is just beautiful. Plenty of beautiful grounds to explore with lovely views. The resort was very quiet and peaceful. Our room in the cottage was quite large and very comfortable. It had a four poster bed, large sofa, chairs and a very nice deck. The bathroom could use to be updated, but it is not terrible. The flat screen tv was quite small (probably about 17 inches), but again not a big deal. We ate the continental breakfast. The breakfast buffet looked good, but we had made other plans. The pool and whirlpool complex looked inviting and clean. All in all I would highly recommend this resort. It is close by to the action of downtown Stroudsburg which offers many good restaurants, but is also secluded, private and relaxing.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The location was very convenient right off of Route 80. Our suite was huge, with a large bedroom and bathroom that had a jacuzzi, a living room with a fireplace and outside deck, with view of the woods.

The staff did not know what to do for us. The food was delicious and plentiful and the menu offered a large variety. The buffets were outstanding...particularly the Sunday Brunch!

The best part of the weekend was arriving at the Inn, and the worst part was leaving!!!

columbia, nj
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Stroudsmoor Country Inn - A beautiful place, decor was fabulous & staff was terrific.
We had a wedding of 190 & no problems. It was our first wedding so we were a little apprehensive. By the end of the night we realized it was all for naught. Hope to have my youngest daughters wedding here sometime in the future. Thank you to everyone at the Stroudsmoor!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I got married at the Woodland Chapel on a perfect fall day on Oct. 17th. We could not have dreamed of a better experience. The staff were extremely courteous and attentive and allowed us to enjoy our day without a worry in the world. The food was fantastic and no detail was missed. Our guests continue to rave about the picturesque setting and the unique, rustic venue, Woodsgate.

We stayed at the Ledgemere Suite for 3 days and were able to unwind in a peaceful setting. The suite had everything we were looking for (comfy king bed, whirlpool tub and deck overlooking the fall foliage). Every morning we had a lovely breakfast in the main Inn and took advantage of the large pool and fitness center. The service at the Inn was wonderful as well and the scones served every morning are delightful.

I can't think of one negative thing to say about our experience. While there are a number of rooms/suites and venues for parties and events on site, our experience with the Stroudsmoor staff and our perfect wedding day at Woodsgate leave us thankful we stumbled upon this gem!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My boyfriend and I come here every year and we are always in awe. The Inn is charming and we always stay in a different room. We are always excited. The food is superb, both the dinner and brunch. The service is next to none, everyone is so friendly and helpful. This year we went for the fall colors and what a treat. You must give this beautiful country inn a try. You will NOT be disappointed!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,400 reviews
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Stroudsmoor Country Inn? Share your experiences!