“White Tables Cloths Alone Do Not Make a First Class Restaurant” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cherry Valley Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Description: You have this listed as Cherry Vally Bistro, which is not the correct name.
Lehigh Valley, PA
“White Tables Cloths Alone Do Not Make a First Class Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This establishment relocated from a neighborhood kind of environment and moved into a building that has typically housed high end restaurants. This is somewhat like the story of a "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing." That is, it is not what it appears to be with it's linen table cloths and napkins. The wait staff asks, "what can we do for you guys." This is not the normal greeting for a high end establishment as you welcome a man and a woman. The front of the house was noisy with the phone ringing, the owner responding to issues on the telephone, and the wait staff talking loudly to the point of being obnoxious. The food quality is not very good, the prices are high and made even higher when the register prices items even higher than those stated on the menu. There are hidden price traps such as a price differential if you sauce on your pasta is different than the sauce on your entree. My prediction is that this place is going to need the services of "Chef Robert" to fix up the place if the owner can't find the forest for the trees. Finally, when you arrive expect to be greeted when you pull onto the lot by the kitchen staff who stare at you like you are the long lost French Foreign Legion!

• Visited June 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“New name ~ Danny's Cucina at Cherry Valley”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very nice atmosphere.... we did have sticker shock when we first looked at the menu but once we figured out that the prices were 1/2 platter and full platter our hearts started to beat again. The 1/2 platter serve 2-3 people and the full serves 4-6 people. There is an individual option on the last page but the selections aren't as varied as the main menu. (The menu could be a little clearer in the beginning that the prices listed are family style platters)

The chicken with lemon sauce with perfect! Not to heavy on the lemon - the thin slices of garlic were awesome, chicken was tender.

We had the Danny's salad, they mistakenly made the full platter not individual platter for us, WOW!! IT was huge! We ate a good amount and still had some leftover to take back with us.

The eggplant parm was fresh but the cheese looked like it had been sitting around before served. My suggestion would be to serve the pasta on the side because the eggplant got a little soggy. Pasta could have been strained longer.

Tiramisu was good - not heavy with alcohol and very creamy in spots -yummy!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deborah K
Wilkes-Barre, PA
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I took one of my staff to this restaurant as a reward for their working on their birthday. Tha Chef greeted us and sat us. The bus boy was poised and professional much beyond his years, sign of good training. The server was attentive, knowledgeable and more than attentive. I watched the staff as we dined and they were always in view. Now, I didn't go there for white tablecloth, but it truly was. Crumbed after every course and the chef visiting every table during dinner. I manage a hotel in the local market and I have to tell you this restaurant is white glove without the price. I enjoyed this so much that i am signing this review with my name. Paul Antosh. General Manager. Budget Inn And Suites, East Stroudsburg PA. See our reviews on trip advisors so you know we have high standards!

Reeders, PA
“Not nearly worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

Went here the other night for a small business dinner. The restaurant is very attractive although a bit too dark. The server came to our table promptly and was very nice and accommodating throughout. He told us about the specials and I normally would have asked the prices but I did not since I was with a client. The wedge salad was very good but the house salad looked rather anemic. The three of us all ordered from the specials. I had a veal chop that was sliced and filled with rosemary stuffing. The chop was overcooked and the stuffing was bland. My guests had two of the other specials. One of them was as disappointed as I was. The desserts looked nice but were a letdown. They didn't seem very fresh. A very disappointing meal.

Back to the specials' prices. On the regular menu most of the entrees are priced between $25 and $35. When I got the bill two of the specials we had were $48 and the other one was $50. That's nearly 50 percent higher. Not cool. That is high even when compared to the other high priced restaurants in our area. Especially in light of the previous paragraph.

pennsylvania
“Superb Dining and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

One of my favorite Pocono Restaurants. Never had a bad meal or server. The steaks are done to perfection. Love the Osso Bucca. Desserts are too tempting. Great wine list, only wish they offered more per glass. It's a great way to discover new wines.

• Visited December 2012