“Nice place”

Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: Pizza, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a new place and the visual appearance drew me in - it's got a classy masculine feel yet it's a casual place. My first time, I dined outside with a friend. I ordered a custom mini pizza - smoked gouda, red onions and shrimp. It was very tasty. The cosmo was not so great but the chocolate mint martini I had for dessert was FABULOUS. The second visit was for my husbands birthday. He had the maple pecan pork and I had a special pizza with different pork varieties on it. They were both good. I had two drinks - a Key Lime Martini and a Carrot Cake Martini. Both were pretty good (not THE best but certainly not bad) however they are overpriced. They are charging BLUE prices (for those of you who know Blue in Bethlehem PA you'll get what I am saying) but it's not BLUE quality. AND every single martini is very underfilled. They don't fill to the top and seem to think if it has a rimmer on it you can simple use the illusion of that to avoid it. Fill the martini glasses and drop the prices a few bucks and we'd be ok. The food was good. It's not the Stone Bar (my FAV local place) but a decent stop for something different. The beer selection is very nice and I'm thrilled they have one of my favorites on tap - Flower Power from Ithaca Brewing.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Newberry's Yard of Ale”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Really enjoy the outdoor dining and drink experience on the main drag.
The food seems interesting but, small portions and higher prices are a turn off to me.
Have gone several times and feel the same way each time.
The beer selection is good, however and do enjoy a mug or two.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer Selection & Service”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've been to Yard of Ale many times since they've opened. It has definitely improved greatly and tgey now have a solid crew behind tge bar. The selection of beers is the best in the area and the bar staff is very knowledgable about the beers. The Honey BBQ Pork Belly Sandwich is delicious. Definitely a must for any beer lover.

1 Thank kfurst24
Hopatcong
“Food doesn't live up to the menu descriptions”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We ate here for the first time on Sunday (7/14/13) evening. I was with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. The menu looked great - a little pricey but I don't mind spending the money if the quality of the food is good.

We were all really disappointed with everything that we ordered. For an appetizer we had the cheesy, garlic breadsticks. The menu description made them sound delicious. When we got them there were four bread sticks. Only the middle two had anything on them at all - the two outside sticks were completely plain. The two in the middle were dry and not all that cheesey or garlicky. The avocado slices on my crab cake sandwich were kind of grey and I had to take them off and the crab cakes themselves were just ok, I've had much better. We had three appetizers all together and they were all - meh.

Basically everyone in our group said the same thing - the menu descriptions were way better than the actual food. The kicker was when my granddaughter got the dessert that came with her kid's meal. She was supposed to get a bowl of ice cream. It came out as a bowl of melted mush. When we said something to the server she said that the ice cream freezers weren't working. So we told her that the ice cream was inedible and asked for a small serving of the zeppoles. She said that she could do it but she'd have to charge us for it.

When we again complained she talked to the manager and they gave it to us for free, but they should never have served the ice cream that way in the first place. I have a feeling that the avocados were in the same broken freezer. Bottom line, we wouldn't go back there. I spent $136 on a meal that should have cost 1/2 of that.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Service is lacking, and don't expect to be wowed.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The place has an outstanding lay-out. Like nothing else on Main Street. I have been there three times. The first time I ordered the special-- Cajun Shrimp Pasta. It was delicious! But the server acted like he was our friend just because I cracked a few jokes. He even sat down with us. I expressed my dismay and he either didn't care or was oblivious to it.

The second time I went I ordered a hamburger because it looked so fancy with the branding they put on the bun. Oh geez.. it was dry and tasted like they got the meat from the Walmart.

I was there 2 days ago again to get the special Cajun Shrimp pasta. Still delicious, but the portion had been reduced, and I never got the salad that came with the meal. The service was again, not that good.

Allow me to be more specific about the trouble with the service:

1. The servers do not bring napkins with the drinks.

2. The servers do not come back at a maximum of 2 minutes after they serve your food to make sure you need anything.

3. One time we were discouraged from getting a cup of coffee. The server said they had not made any. It seems it would have to be her making it and she was too lazy.

(There are a few other details about service that are missing. I just can't think of them off hand.)

Well, this was my experience. I'm not going to tell you not to go there but just don't expect to be wowed if you do.

• Visited July 2013