“Very Good But Not Great”

Pipolo's Italian Eatery
Ranked #37 of 128 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I think the service is great. I love the bakery as well. The food is very good but not great. The mark of a great Italian restaurant is the gravy (sauce for the English). It is a bit lack luster. It just lacked any depth or character. The portion sizes were great. The veal and eggplant were tender. The seafood risotto was excellent but I need a memorable red sauce to call any Italian place great. The stuffed baby artichoke hearts were also a little flat. Far better than the chains but still needs to improve the gravy. Still a great addition. I will be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I grew up near Arthur Avenue, "Little Italy" in the Bronx.

Food here is cooked to perfection. You are destined to get a great Italian meal cooked with the right ingredients.

The Mozzarella is the best in the Poconos but like EVERYWHERE ELSE, it's delivered a few times a week. If this place gets smart and starts MAKING the mozzarella on site daily, they'll make a KILLING.

Whataya waitin' for!? MANGIA MANGIA!!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My daughter had penne with eggplant,fresh tomato sauce and pancetta that was the best! I had clams blanco & linguine (needed a little olive oil and red pepper,then it was perfect. The fettuccine Alfredo was Rich and creamy. The kids portions was very large( a 11year old boy couldn't finish it) afterwards we got a few delicious Bakery items to go from their on site Bakery. Cannoli and Rum Baba & floritine cookie were very yummy. Service was good and friendly. Perfect place for hungry families

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Here i am again,only because of another outstanding restaurant. I dont like doing bad reviews but i must do good ones for places that deserve it. My wife and myself both come from and appreciate real home made italian cooking, we have eaten at the best in the world. We have been trying to get to pipolos as much as possible lately because we are astonished every time we eat there. Now understand one thing, you must know what real home made good food tastes like, if you dont this is the place to learn what it is. Absolutely the best real italian food you will find for hundreds of miles. Everything so far has been delicious beyond expectation, the service is friendly and proffesional, the atmosphere is great, all the food from apetizers to desserts are amazing no matter what you order. I would recomend a reservation because sometimes they are very busy, and that stands to reason with the quality of their food which is very reasonably priced, well done pipolos, wish you the best.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Half of this location is a deli and the other half is the restaurant, so it can get noisy. I have tried the deli side and was pleased and recently had dinner there and was pleased with my meal. The pasta was done perfectly al dente and the sauce was seasoned nicely. *** It is a BYOB, so bring your bottle with you ***

Other then that enjoy.