“Don't Let the Size Fool You”

North 9th Street Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 125 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: North 9th Street Restaurant offers lunch, dinner, pizza, and dessert. Everything is homemade and we use the finest ingredients. Our goal is to provide our customers a good experience each and every time! From pizza and sandwiches to wraps and salads, we have something to satisfy every appetite! Best of all we only buy local produce and foods to ensure its freshness. We make most of our sauces, pastries, desserts, entrees, and special foods from scratch.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Every town needs a restaurant like this. This is a family-owned and operated local restaurant with a real HOMEMADE touch, a crown jewel in the Poconos. Almost everything is made from scratch, and its noticeable. This family has pride in its work, and you can tell from the way the food is cooked, the ingredients used, and the awesome personalities and enthusiasm they put on display for their guests.

I was joking that it was a shame they didnt make Chicken Marsala, and the waitress disappeared in the back, and without me officially asking, offered to make it. To my surprise, it was one of the best Chicken Marsalla's Ive ever tasted. Kudos to the chef!

Portions are huge, the waitress service is fast, and attentive. My water was changed three times without me asking once, and desserts are divine.

Lastly prices are very reasonable. This is the place in the Poconos for top quality food in an old fashioned small bistro format, and it deserves to be rated #1 in the Poconos by Tripadvisor readers.

2  Thank SoldinthePoconos

Reviewed 7 July 2014

After reading the reviews for this place we made a detour on our way back to Massachusetts to check this place out. It looks like a little pizza place and you'll miss it if you blink. Just a few tables in front of a bakery case with a kitchen in the back where they prepare everything from scratch.

With the raves about the wiener schnitzel my husband gave it a try and loved it (even though he doesn't like veal). The tasty cabbage side dish with a hint of beet juice was so delicious we asked them for a side of it to take with us. Alas, they made a helping just for him and so there wasn't any out back to send (but can you imagine someone making an individual portion?)

I had the lamb which was in the most wonderful sauce and was a big enough helping for the next day. A request for mashed potatoes instead of rice was happily accommodated.

I broke my gluten free diet to try the carrot cake. My husband pronounced it a "grown ups" carrot cake: moist and delicious but not overly sweet.

The owners share the duties. She is the baker and he is the cook. He came out before we left and checked on our meal. Their teenage son was also working that day and I could see their commitment to cleanliness as the boy washed his hands every time he passed the sink!

It isn't fancy, but the food is amazingly good and if their good reputation keeps spreading, they are going to outgrow that little space in no time.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Everything and more. Small Bistro, unassuming plain decor and yet the quality, service and price make this well worth your time. Bring your appetite, it will thank you afterwards.

1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Cozy little place tucked away on North Ninth Street - great for a quick bite to eat or a dinner. Food is excellent - made from scratch to order - none of those prepared microwave meals here! Quality, healthy ingredients - but save room for dessert - so many delicious choices and Sylva's cakes are one of a kind!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I dine out frequently, in many restaurants, in many towns and cities. I saw the reviews here on Trip Advisor and was surprised I hadn't heard about a "5 star" restaurant in Stroudsburg in that vicinity. We were excited to try it. I knew it wasn't a formal, evening restaurant, but when you walk in the first thing you see is a huge deli case, practically empty and stacks and stacks of pizza boxes. We thought, well the food and service must be fantastic. Let's be open-minded. The menu was appropriate for the ambiance, basic diner food. The waitress was fine, polite and attentive. She mentioned salad and bread came with the entree. The "bread" was a pre-sliced kaiser roll, toasted, with a little butter and garlic. In no way "home made" as stated in other reviews. One kaiser roll cut into 4 pieces. 5 star worthy?? My chicken Parmesan was not trimmed of fat, so it became unappetizing very quickly. The penne was overcooked, not al dente as it should have been. One try here, last try here. NOT a 5 star restaurant!!