“Sweet and Homely”

Purcell Darrell House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swarthmore
Purcell Darrell House B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Swarthmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had a lovely 4 day stay at this B&B and I found the house very pleasant and relaxing. Chris and Cathy are very hospitable and the lovely extras like bathrobes and warm cookies make you feel right at home. The breakfast is made to order from a menu but I just stuck with the usual cereal and toast. The shared bathroom is super modern with a jacuzzi tub and good hot water pressure. The bedroom was comfortable and the sheets were awesome, the only drawback for me was not having a desk to do some business related technical drawings, I'm sure I could have used the dining table downstairs but I prefer to work alone in my room. The wireless Internet worked great and they also provide a PC with printer which was really useful too. The location of the B&B to campus and downtown is fantastic, it's basically a 10 min walk to the McCabe Library and to the restaurants/Cafes downtown. Surprisingly considering the humidity and temperatures outside were horrible the house was always cool so it was pleasant to come back to in the evenings, I never felt overheated or cold and the air was never stale either. I can't wait to come back to this place next year.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My daughter and i stayed here while touring Swarthmore College. Because the adjacent room was empty the night we arrived, the hosts gave my daughter her own room for the cost of our one reserved room; she was so pleased to have her own space for the night. The whirlpool tub was a welcome treat for me. Home baked cookies greeted us on arrival, and the cooked-to-order breakfast was the best. Being right across the street from the college meant that we could walk and leave our car at the house until we were ready to drive to our next college.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oldermomma
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Cathy is a sweet, caring hostess. The 19th-century house is beautiful, immaculate, and laden with charming antiques. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are modern. Breakfast is delicious, especially the muffins! The two dogs are friendly and quiet. The location is just about as close to Swarthmore College as you can get.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#1 of 2 in Media
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Purcell Darrell House B&B? Share your experiences!