“Old cheesecake”

Pocono Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Swiftwater
Price range: US$5 - US$39
Dining options: Takeout
Description: In 1984, Priscilla Moore, began making cheesecakes in her home near the village of Canadensis in the beautiful Pocono Mountains. The idea dawned on her to convince local chef's at resorts and restaurants to try her product. And a Business was born! After a few months a retail outlet opened on route 390 in Mountainhome, Pa. In just one year the overwhelming response was so much that they decided to expand to the current location on route 611 in Swiftwater. By 1994 she added a 2,400 square foot warehouse and more than doubled the original size of the baking and retail space.The Pocono Cheesecake Factory became one of the Must Try attractions in the Poconos. In 2007, Priscilla decided to ask her great Friends Al and Carole Johnson to carry on the tradition of uncompromising Quality and Freshness, supporting local farms sourcing our milk and cheese, and a customer experience that created the success to begin with.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Bought a small plain cheesecake for my daughter on her birthday. It was too dense like it has been sitting in the refrigerator too long. Threw it away.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Our trip to the Poconos consisted of driving past this establishment daily. Stopped and bought the pumpkin cheesecake and took it back to our resort. Wow! It melted in my mouth- it was that creamy, but did not seem rich that I felt that I shouldn't have enjoyed a slice . At first thought it was a restaurant, but it is just a store. Had to stop when we left to go home because I needed to take some home for my family...bought 3 different kinds of cheesecake! Friendly service and fabulous cheesecake!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Every year we do a day trip to the Poconos to see the fall foliage. This year is no different and for thirty years we stop for cheese cake here. One year my daughter and I stopped for an éclair on our way home from a hike at Promise Land State park and her St. Bernard Winston almost drowned us with drooling when he saw what we had. The cheese cake and other pastries in this place is awesome. Yes we did share with the dog!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My review does not cover the restaurant as we took out a cheesecake and enjoyed it at the resort. The cheesecake was very moist and was not a heavy dessert compared to other cheesecake's I have eaten.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The cheesecake was delicious, moist and creamy. The carrot cake was out of this world. The chocolate mouse cake was terrific.