“Woodfield Manor, Poconos”

Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Swiftwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The property is close to lots of attractions in the Poconos. The unit was clean. That's where the pluses end.

The Single Occupancy Cottage #19 had definitely seen better days. Be aware - the cottages are small. We have stayed in larger hotel rooms. The bed had a slant down from the foot of the bed to the head. The closet door would not close once you hung clothes, rendering the mirror behind the door useless. The bedroom had a queen size bed - and about three feet of space on either side to walk. That's how small the cottage is!

Living room is tiny - fireplace is not usable until November. As stated in other reviews. Not made clear when you rent. Don't count on using the kitchen - there is no sink. You have to use the bathroom sink for a kitchen sink, too.

The Bathroom was just as small and in serious need of TLC. Rusted baseboard heater. Toilet next to small sink/vanity so tightly spaced that my size 8 wife was cramped to use the toilet. Towel bars had been pulled from the walls in the bathroom and not replaced. Poor patch jobs on the drywall had never been painted.

Furniture was tired and needed replacing. No Wifi in the units - they advertise it's available in the lobby. Lobby? There are a couple of chairs next to the brochure stand.

The managers made it clear they are Friends with the owners of TAN. They are tired and want out. Not a horrible place, but definitely not the best the area has to offer. The cottages would not be good for two couples. One couple or a family of Two adults and two very young kids who are feeling adventurous and are only sleeping there.

We won't be back and won't recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greg_B_ACE
Theresa M, Manager at Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hello!
My name is Theresa Merli and I am the new (as of 2 weeks ago!) General Manager at the Woodfield Manor. I was truly sorry to read about your recent disappointing stay at this property.
It is my observation that, while some folks think of them as ‘cozy’, the unit you stayed in is the smallest of the cabins and rooms at Woodfield. I agree that the bathroom is a tight fit for anyone!
While I don’t have a solution to the size of this particular unit, there is no question in my mind that this cottage needs ‘refreshing’. I appreciated your being specific in describing the condition of unit #19 as you found it. Your comments will be very helpful to me as I and my team move forward with upgrading some of the units and maintaining the property in the future. Your information is VERY helpful.
Woodfield is different from many of the other TAN properties in that we do not have kitchens. TAN has tried to make that clear in the confirmation letters for Woodfield guests, but there does continue to be confusion and some disappointment about the lack of kitchen facilities at this property. All cottages and rooms do have a microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker and toaster.
I have no idea why you would be told that you could not use the fireplaces in the cottages until November. There is simply no reason, that I am aware of, for that to be the case. The gas fireplaces are fully functional and easy to use.
Disappointment at the lack of WIFI in the cottages has been expressed by most of the guests I have met during the past 2 weeks. While I am confident that WIFI will be available in the cottages in the near future, I cannot give you a date for that.
Again, I am very sorry for your disappointing experience at Woodfield. I am grateful that you took the time to make your comments. I hope that if you should ever find yourself in the area, that you will stop by and view the changes we are making and perhaps consider giving Woodfield Manor a second chance.
With Best Regards,
Theresa Merli
Woodfield Manor

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Keith, the manager, will go out of his way to make you feel at home. As an example once he found out I liked to read the local paper it was outside my room door each morning. The location is very convenient to many Pocono destinations.The room was clean and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. We would definetely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

we stayed in unit 23, the room was nice with comfortable bed, and very clean bathroom. we had some minor water issues that were quickly resolved. we would love to go again. its near shopping, casino, waterpark, and movies which we visited. tthere is also a nice pool on-site the host Keith was charming. Vennise&Keith

Room Tip: unsure of how the other room are but unit 23 is perfect for two people
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vennise
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here in July of 2013 in Room 29. This was a charming little vacation spot. It was a very quiet area which was exactly what we needed for a relaxing week. This location sits about 20 minutes from Stroudsburg where there are plenty of good restaurants and shopping. It's also about 20 to 40 mins. from some of the state parks where we did some hiking and biking. It's a perfect little spot to visit whether you're looking for relaxation or adventure. We would recommend this spot.

Room Tip: The single cabins would offer more privacy. The other cabins give you a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 10 July 2013

this is a place for great relaxation in a beautiful country setting. also, wonderful hiking is available in state parks and state forests nearby. the managers, Keith and Joanne are fantastic. this is our 10th weekly stay since 2008; we just keep coming back. property is affiliated with Sundance Vacations and Travel Advantage Network, planwithtan.com

Room Tip: hotel also includes a fine dining restaurant with excellent food, open for dinner wes thru sun.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Blough
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I spent a long Memorial Day Weekend in room #14 at this quaint little inn. We were cheerfully checked in and shown upstairs to our room by the manager Keith who explained the workings of the AC unit and warned us that local phone calls were very pricey - use your cell phone instead. The room was in a corner and had a comfortable if firm king bed, good pillows, flat screen TV and two windows overlooking the property (and away from the road). There was a table with two chairs and a mini-kitchen with microwave, fridge, coffee maker with coffee, silverware, wine glasses and cups/saucers for two people. There was good drawer storage and two nite tables with lamps. The separate living room also had two windows overlooking the pool and hot tub. There was a sofabed and easy chair as well as a second flat screen TV. The bathroom was minuscule but really really nice!! The tile work and shower enclosure where of high quality and the room was spotless. I mean really spotless - Like it had just been built and never used! Lots of fluffy white towels, a sampling of toiletries and ample hot water. In the living room was a large walk in closet.

The best thing was the onsite - walk right downstairs - (no elevator) and right in to a lovely bar and adjoining restaurant 'The Frogtown Inn at Woodfield Manor' where we enjoyed dining EVERY night! I will review the restaurant separately but a big shout out to bartenders Ed and Tiffany - the martini's were perfect! The food here is excellent but a little upscale so bring your Visa or Mastercard - no American Express. But eat here. And say Hi to Chef Lymon for us!

Room Tip: The cabins all have gas fireplaces and they have their own parking spot. The rooms in the main build...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Avi525
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here for the weekend while we went skiing in the Poconos, and I was impressed with the room and the people here. We had a 2-room suite with our own entrances, our own parking space, two bathrooms (both with showers), a gas fireplace in each room, and more. It was very spacious, plenty of room to move around in, and it was very relaxing. We went to the Chophouse for dinner Saturday evening, and it was even better than expected. The two photos I added are both for the bedroom, I didn't take any photos of the other room. Great stay, well worth it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ehart13169
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swiftwater
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Resort? Share your experiences!