“This is Just a Bar” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pocono Brewing Company
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 611
Description: Pocono Brewing Company is the Pocono's premiere sports bar and brewing company. A staple in Swiftwater serving local families and tourists alike for 12 years. Our knowledgeable staff invites you to try a cold draft beer from our extensive beer menu containing over 50 draft and bottled beers, accompanied by three of our own house brews. The menu offers a large variety of delicious items, featuring our award winning wings, as well as a huge selection of burgers, sandwiches, entrees and pub fare.
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“This is Just a Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything about this place is okay... but it's really just a bunch of junk food. Typical bar food in fair sized portions, and probably mostly pre-fab. The atmosphere is OK, but the fact that there's not much around this area, makes it a better-than-nothing option - this is just a bar so if you go thinking that, you won't be let down.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Beer and Nachos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a beer and their great nachos appetizer, we thought both were very good, I didn't try anything else so I'm hesitant to rate higher, the server was great.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large bland food portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Cool place, has game room for the kids. Fast and friendly service, beer was good but not as many microbrews as I thought there would be. Food portions are big, but too much fried food. Don't get the fish tacos - it consist of heavily battered small fried fish pieces with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions - more like a sandwich in a soft taco shell than tacos. Chicken wings are good, but I recommend asking for additional sauce on the side because the drizzle of buffalo wing sauce isn't enough to cover the wings. Nacho appetizer is awesome and very large.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent food in a town without many options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The food wasn't amazing and the service was average (having the server ask me not to take the pen with me when he dropped off the check is not how I usually like to end a meal). Everything we ordered came the way we asked for it, but we will try something else next time.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped to grab something to eat after shopping all day. We were greeted and seated quickly and the staff was friendly and the seating area was nice. We were able to sample some of their beers before deciding on one. That was where the positives ended.

The bathroom was dirty and I wished I had used the bathroom earlier, before leaving the Crossings. Personally I felt the menu lacked vegetarian options, aside from salads and fries. Even the quesadilla had bacon and I was told I couldn't get it without because they are pre-made. We were also surprised when we got our check and saw how expensive the draft beers were. Not what we expected.