“Pines Motel - Moldy Soap & Hairy Tub”
Review of Pine's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamaqua
Pine's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tamaqua
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Circumstances I needn't go into forced us to spend one night at The Pines, a motel at 730 Claremont Ave. in Tamaqua, PA.
First the pluses: a TV with HBO, a microwave, a mini refrigerator, air conditioning, a phone, night stand with lamp, a 3-drawer storage unit under the TV and a writing desk with a chair.
Now the minuses: the TV remote's power button didn't work, the control knobs on the A/C unit were missing (I turned the remaining shafts with my pliers) and the fan-speed control was inoperative, the night stand was missing 1 of 2 knobs, the storage unit was missing 1 of 3 knobs, the writing desk was missing its only knob (none of them matched by the way). A weak overhead light and a 40-watt bulb on the night stand were the only illumination for the room.
The bathroom had fairly good lighting—you could curl up in the tub with a good book. Of course you would probably first want to remove the black hairs stuck to the edge and walls of the tub. The medicine cabinet had mold on the bottom shelf and a thick layer of dust on the glass shelf above it. There were three bars of soap provided – 1 clean and 2 with black mold growing on the paper covers. When I unwrapped one of these, I found the soap inside was also moldy.
After a restless night's sleep on a mattress that had my wife and me rolling downhill to collide in the center of the bed, I decided to shower. That was when I noticed no shower curtain and no grab bars. So the options were to step out onto a wet, slippery floor, or onto a soggy bath mat. I chose the mat.
For a place with no pool, no breakfast, no coffee and a broken soda machine the $63 (including tax) seemed a bargain!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank NudeBill
There are newer reviews for Pine's Motel

Been to Pine's Motel? Share your experiences!