“Really love this hotel!”

Days Inn Tannersville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
New York City, New York
“Really love this hotel!”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is our first stay here...and it will not be our last! We ha a non smoking, jacuzzi room. Very nice and clean. The room has a little balcony overlooking the hotel and you can see the highway and mountains. Check in was easy, courteous desk clerk. Comfortable stay, although I wish the pillows were fluffier. We will be back, btw I'm just writing this review after one night, we have two more to go ;)

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank fabtimealwayshad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We travel to the Poconos area at least 6-9 times per year for weekend get-a-way to shop, eat and gamble. We stay at Poconos, Tannersville, Stroudsburg, etc. I'm not toooo picky but this year we tried Days Inn twice this year. Both hotel stays were not impressive. The hotel room do not appear to be clean. We travel with Lysol sheets and sprays. We needed them. Phew! No bed bugs. The breakfast menu has improved. The new front-desk attendants need customer service and hospitality training. On a scale 1 to 10. This hotel will NOW is graded 5. Judge for yourself. Again, I'm not too picky but improvement is strongly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay at our property. Management & staff strives everyday to ensure that we provide you with the service and quality you expect. We understand your concern and we apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will utilize it in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Thank you very much.
LONG ISLAND, NY
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have been staying here for years. First of all the staff is very friendly, always has been. The rates are beyond reasonable. It's very close to outlets, waterpark, shopping, skiing and restaurants. The rooms are decent, never had a problem with dirty sheets or carpets. I did notice two things of late. First, the bathrooms are getting a bit dirty. The last three visits I noticed peeling wallpaper and lots of dirt (mold?) on the floor near tub. Also grout around sink area BLACK AND DIRTY looking.Really should have it clean and sanitary looking. Re-grouting and a good cleaning with clorox around tub and floor would do wonders. Second, I thought you were redoing the pool? Weeds, broken umbrellas....the only clean thing was the actual pool water (very clean). Breakfast is OK, although sometimes it's tough to smell the Indian food from the nite before when you just wake up. A little tweeking and all would be fine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LTT63
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you very much for your comment and suggestions. Actually, since this is a slow time for us, our housekeeping staff are going in in all the rooms and doing some deep cleaning. Again, thank you very much and we hope to serve you again soon.
WALTON
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have stayed at many Days Inn and other motel chains but by far this was the cleanest and friendliest. My Mrs, a retired Infection Control Nurse, makes it a point to check the most often forgotten places to be cleaned the sinks and showers. When she looked and saw the glistening chrome and the overall cleanliness of the whole room, she like me was very impressed.
I also had a small problem with my auto and need a small item to do a repair and the next morning an employee was at my door with what I needed to do the repair and be on our way.
A great clean place for a truly great price!
Thanks...Tony & Jane

1 Thank curmudge
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear Mr. Tony & Mrs. Jane, Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback regarding our property. We hope to serve you again soon!
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night because a family friend was getting married at the nearby Inn at Pocono Manor. The rooms were too expensive there, so we settled on the Days Inn. We really didn't stay in the room too long, got in around 1:00am when the wedding after party was over and TRIED to go to sleep soon after. Our neighbors had different plans entirely. They had their TV blasting, and were stomping and yelling at each other until nearly 4:30! The walls are PAPER THIN which make it impossible to sleep with this racket. I finally fell asleep, to be awoken by our neighbors taking a SHOWER at 6:30am, followed by their car alarm going off directly outside our window and their outrageously loud truck idling for twenty minutes. We decided to check out a few hours early and just go home, because sleep here was impossible.

The staff were friendly, and check in/out was painless. One weird hidden fee, but it was less than $2, so nothing to sweat about. The free continental breakfast was about what you'd expect. Bagels, cereal, an apple and a coffee... nothing fancy, but hey, it was free. Rooms were somewhat clean, but smelled slightly of mildew. The sheet on one bed appeared to have had a cigarette put out on it, even though we had a non-smoking double. All in all it may be the best deal you can get in the severely over-priced Poconos. Just be prepared fpr extremely rude, loud out-of-state guests and to party with them unwillingly... all... night... long.

Room Tip: Use the Wyndham Rewards discount. We saved $22 on our stay.
1 Thank sgibson1967
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our property. We apologized for the inconvenience it caused you. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel is not much to look at but it is very conveniently located right off the highway. We needed a place to stop and get some sleep and a shower before we continued on with our trip. I saw decent reviews and the price was better than most so we decided to give it a try. When we arrived we were greeted by Shiv at the front desk. We inquired about prices and rooms and he allowed us to go into two different rooms to look around and decide which we preferred. He then worked with us on the price and gave us a rate we were happy with. The next day we were running a little bit behind and the gentleman who was then working at the front desk was gracious in giving us some time to get ready and out of the room (they normally charge $10/hr if you are not out of the room on time). The staff at this hotel definitely made the experience a better one. They also have a continental breakfast but we never checked it out.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our front desk staff. It is our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again soon!
Clementon, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This was THE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed at in my whole entire life!!! The whole room was damp and smelled so terribly of mold and mildew. The wallpaper was actually peeling off of the walls because there was so much moisture in the room. The smell was overpowering and even gave my boyfriend and I sore throats within an hour of being there. The jacuzzi had pubic hair in it, the balcony was black due to so much dirt build up and the roof of the balcony leaked very badly, the toilet constantly ran, and the Air conditioner sounded like a waterfall inside of the room. It was raining on the day that we went and we could actually hear water dripping onto the ceiling tiles above our heads. Have i mentioned the smell? THE WORST thing i have ever experienced. I talked to the man at the front desk and he was not very helpful. So, taking the chance of not getting my money back, i decided to leave the hotel and go to the Ramada about 300 yards down the road. I couldn't bare the smell of the room any longer (we were only in the room for about an hour and a half). Still trying to get my money back. My first trip to the poconos was officially a disaster because of this hotel. Please consider paying a few extra bucks and avoiding this place. I would not lie to you. I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. I was very wrong. This whole experience has been an absolutel nightmare. Im not some snotty nosed person who needs a 5 star hotel, im 19 and just needed a place to sleep after a long day of driving. I couldnt stand the smell. The room was completely unnaceptable. Please listen to me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha L
DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are concerned about the issue you stated and we want to have an opportunity to talk to you. If you can call me directly at your earliest convenience and look for Camilo at ----------- and will love to discuss your experience at our property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville

Been to Days Inn Tannersville? Share your experiences!