“days in tannersville”

Days Inn Tannersville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The motel needs serious remodeling. Many stains on walls, beddings, and mattresses. I knew this place would be subpar when the first thing I saw when I walked into the office to check in was a towel laying on the floor to soak up water by the air conditioning unit. I would've try to go somewhere else if it weren't so late already. I would Definitely not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
Sayville
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The curry smell from Indian Restaurant on premises was overpowering and the rooms were dated. Convenient location for my travels and reasonable pricing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DIT_Admin, Manager at Days Inn Tannersville, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Thomas S, Thank you for your comments regarding our property. We hope to see again on next visit to the Poconos!
Vaughan, Ontario
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Going back home,Maggie Gellan really took us to new places, until exhausted around 11:pm. we decided to stop for the night at the nearest place. Days Inn was it. Very isolated, and might have been nice long ago. The front office had an indescribable odor. We asked for a non-smoking room. The place looks like multi-story and is not. Built on a hillside, every room is ground floor. Everything was needing a makeover. The smell in the room did not go away even when the air conditioner was on all night. The bedding had lots of cigarette burns in it. The only thing I really wanted to do was open the sliding doors to the balcony, figuring the view might be worth looking at. I removed the safety bar and no way would it open. Couldn't see much though the very dirty glass. In the morning I tried the door again just to get some fresh air instead of the stink in the room, still it didn't budge, I did however discover the source of the smell! In the daylight I looked at the air conditioner and was I surprised ! Some wise person decided to put two deodorizing pucks in the grill ! I thought those are usually put in the toilet bowl. As we checked out I was telling the clerk about the pucks and low and behold that was the smell in the office, two pucks were in the grate there too. I said something about breathing chemicals and how some things are toxic, he was not interested. I said thanks for the headache I'm going to have all day and did. So much for non-smoking rooms, this is their airing and fix? This place might be nice in the winter with the snow everywhere and for skiers. We were given vouchers for a food place next door, I'll not name it , I didn't go, thanks. Upon reading the receipt later I found we were charged a fee for the room safe. We had not used it or need it.

Room Tip: Avoid it if you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Angela S, Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our property. I apologize that you had a problem during your stay. By default, the safety bar on our sliding doors are always attached and once you remove it, it should not be a problem opening the door. However, we instructed all housekeepers to check all balcony rooms & report it to maintenance if there are issues opening sliding doors to avoid any inconvenience to our guest. Just to clarify, we use Nilorama Air Freshening Disc by Nilodor in our a/c units as an air freshener. The product is widely used in the hospitality industry and it is not toxic nor used for bathrooms. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you but we hope that you give us another chance when you visit the Poconos!

Travellers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Pillows first night was comfortable second night pillows were changed during room service. Breakfast was ok. Only thing was the clock in breakfast room was fast and guy in there watches like a hawk. Overall hotel was average

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Babycuzr, Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay at our property. Our breakfast attendant is available to help our customers during breakfast hours and we apologize if it bothers you. I can guarantee you that our intention is to assist and not 'watch' our guest. Again, thank you very much and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Poconos!
North Haledon
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is old, outdated, and sits behind a truck stop and diner. The grounds are not kept well, especially the pool area. The rooms are clean, but the air conditioner leaks. Depending on who you are greated by at the front desk will set the tone for your stay and your day. The first person who greated us was not very hospitable. The second person (I believe the morning shift) was very nice and very accomodating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Lisa L, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our property. We acknowledge that our property is behind a Towing Service Company and a Diner but our Management & Staff is working hard to maintain the cleanliness of our rooms and our property in general. I apologize that you find our ground area and pool area not clean during your stay but I can assure you that our maintenance staff are responsible to keep those areas clean and they are reminded to check it regularly. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience it caused you and we hope to serve you again on your next visit to the Poconos!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Days Inn Tannersville? Share your experiences!