“Needs to be dated”

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
“Needs to be dated”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spend the Labor Day weekend with my family and for the price they asked was not what I expected.Bathroom stinks even when it was clean. The bar was nice with live entertainment on the weekends. I wanted to be real close to the water park and that made a difference .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Victor10704
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Victor10704-

Thank you for your review. Labor Day weekend is one of our premium weekends and the cost is admittedly high. I am glad your room and experience was good overall.

I do hope you visit us again during another period of time where you can relax and enjoy the area at a much lower rate. (Fall is stunningly beautiful, midweek rates are much less expensive than holiday weekends)

Please do say hello on your next trip.

-John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
bronx ny
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off they never told me the rooms have no microwave i paid $10. per fridge for all 3 rooms it was like 12in tall the rooms stink like pet's the bed is the worst i am happy i always take sheets and pillow the TV is not clear very old TV bathroom was never clean after the last people who stay there left the sheet on the bed was so wrinkle i don't think they bother to change it any way i clean my room and try to make much of my stay i ask for all 3 rooms be next to each other but didn't happen the rate is really high the pool water is so cold and filthy very disgusting i did not enjoy this vacation they need to shut down the hotel and do a major remodel new every thing the bathroom sink the water take 20min to go down for the price there per night i could have stay at days inn for 2 nights extra employees not friendly the should have a separate part of the hotel for pet friendly not every room very gross for a 3 star hotel and filthy. Please do go there is the worst,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank flower1975
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Flower1975

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. However, I am a little confused by your comments and how the staff responded to your concerns.

From the date of your posting, it appears you stayed over a holiday weekend where the rates are admittedly higher than other times of the year. Having said that, you should expect a clean comfortable room.

As to pet friendly accommodations, we do have specific pet friendly room section that receives special cleaning and more frequent deep cleaning. I hope your pet enjoyed their stay with us.

Although I didn't hear in your review whether or not you informed the staff of your concerns, but I assure you if we know about an issue, we try to make it right.

Please do contact me so that I can make certain to address your specific concerns directly.

-John

Travellers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is beautiful. All staff was very accommodating. Evelyn's Berry Lemonade were fantastic. Great little night club. Will return. The room was comfortable. Bathroom was clean overall . Only negative was the meal at the restaurant. Pricey and service wasn't that great.

Room Tip: King room with balcony (mountain view}. Beautiful scenery.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
CarolV25-

We're blushing! Thank you for your kind review.

I will personally pass along your comment to Evelyn. Please do say hello on your next visit and please let any one of our staff know if we can help.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had planned to stay there for 3 days but checked out after 2. We had our 3 grandchildren ages 2mths, 19 mths and 20 mths with us the rooms had no refrigerators or microwaves. We had to put ice in the garbage pail to keep the milk cool for the kids. We had to change rooms after discovering mold along the windows. I have chronic bronchitis and became ill. They moved us to a room overlooking the roof. Which was sad the kids had nothing to look at. It is a beautiful location but needs a LOT of work in upgrades. The rooms are a bit pricey, not worth the price.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the pools and gardens have perfect views of the mountains and lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cecilia B-

Thank you for your review. Please do give me a call or email at gm@ChateauResort.com I would like to get some additional information about your experience to make certain your issues are properly addressed.

Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Chateau for one night in Febuary. We saw the negitive reviews for the chateau and were pretty hesitant to do it. Its so close to camelback mountain we decided to give it a shot.

The Chateau needs to be refurbished badly if not torn down and rebuilt. The rooms are dismal and overall the facility is poorly maintained.

Don't waste your money at the restaurant. What a dump. They have a breakfast buffet with a tub if bacon that was partially FROZEN! OMGosh

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sharkbait19403
Sharkbait19403-

Thank you for your review from your stay 7 months ago. I am uncertain about what you meant by your comments about the stay. If something was not functioning properly, it does need to be addressed. We have been quite aggressive in doing so and have a new Chief Engineer at the property that has that as his focus for him and his team.

As to the restaurant, our bacon does come in frozen, but in the raw form. It is cooked to proper temperature and transferred from sheet pans to hotel pans. We take these guidelines quite seriously and have multiple checks in place to make certain food safety guidelines are followed at every step.

Pleas do say hello and let me know if I can assist during your next stay to Camelback.

Bronx
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Chateau Resort during Memorial Day week on a Groupon deal, we liked it so much that we tagged on an additional 2 nights stay. The front desk workers were even nice enough to honor the Groupon rate for our extended time. Ppl may have had some complaints about this place, but you honestly get what you pay for. It's not the "Ritz Carlton" per say but it is pleasant for what it's worth and you are close to the nearby outlets and local water park!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJade D
CJade D-

Thank you for your review. I do appreciate your comments about our staff. We do take great pride in being able to deliver a friendly accommodating level of guest service at all times.

As to your comment about the property, yes, we are a AAA 3-diamond property centrally located to many attractions. We try to provide a value in the area to other properties.

I appreciate you recognizing the value we are attempting to provide. Please say hello on your next stay.

Thanks again-

South Eastern, PA
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

its a nice hotel and the location is perfect if you want to go to Camelback however for a 3 star hotel there are certain things I would expect my room to have a refrigerator is definitely one of them. its a place that I would stay again if the price was less other than that I would probably not stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!