“The view is the ONLY thing that is good!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Phila
“The view is the ONLY thing that is good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed one night with a groupon rate. Stayed in the Bi-level suite, it looked into the parking lot.
The room was not ready until well after 430, didn't eat at the hotel, but did get a few beers and apps, it was fine. But the joke of this is they don't have enough help, people that work there look stressed out and over worked. We had a gas leak, apparently of diesel fuel, and the whole building smelled like it was gonna blow! No hot water that night, but apparently it was fixed the next day. It is a shame because this place COULD be a gem, but they will be closing soon with the opening of the the camel beach hotel next year. I will not be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EaglesMom
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
EaglesMom-

Thanks for the review. That Sunday night was an issue as a valve that serves fuel oil to our hot water boilers failed. The resulting leak was quickly contained, but the final repair took four hours for the hot water to be restored.

Whenever I have had issues like this at a property, it does definitely stress the systems. Everyone wants answers and everyone has questions. We did recall three managers, two maintenance men and emergency crew from our plumber to make certain we addressed the needs and got the systems up and running around 1AM.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and would love to restore your faith in our property. I am not certain which of our guests you were, so can't call you directly. However, if you can call me at your convenience or email your contact information, I would love to discuss the issue.

John
GM@ChateauResort.com
(570) 629-5900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I consider myself to be easily pleased and don't complain often but my boyfriend and I had a bad experience here. Before scrolling through other reviews just believe me when I say- you should look somewhere else. The only good thing about this place was the location. It was close proximity to major attractions in the area. When we arrived (which was about an hr and a half early) the room was not ready. Which was fine because we were early (but this has never happened to me before- maybe I've been lucky) We went to the water park to kill time. Camel beach was great- I definitely recommend it. When we came back the room was ready. We were seriously disappointed in the room. It was TINY and smelled. The description of this place is misleading. They also stuck us on the first floor which hindered the view a little too. I've paid way less and have been way more satisfied. We realized we were given a handicap accessible room because our bathroom was so big and the room was SO small. If we were staying longer than one night, we may have said something. After we showered we realized that since it was a handicap room and there is only a ramp into the shower and no door (only a curtain) THE BATHROOM FLOODED. Absolutely ridiculous! We had to put towels down to make sure we didn't slip and fall. Also, the young lady at the front desk was awful. We didn't even feel comfortable asking for recommendations on activities because she knew nothing about anything else. Already expecting the worst, we had dinner at the hotel. The food was better than expected but probably not worth the money (Sirloin steak-$24, drink "special"- $5 for bottom shelf vodka and juice). Needless to say, we will not be staying here again. I do recommend hiking Big Pocono State Park- which is about 5 min away from the resort. We also ate at Barley Creek Brewery. Food was great (Wings and Jalapeno Pickles), but bartender/waitress was very cold and not very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PlagidosWinery
PlagidosWinery-

I am glad you liked the location, food and view. I am sorry that your room was not up to your expectations. Many couple like the ADA rooms because of the queen bed and large bathroom.

As to the value of the food, the New York strip you wrote about does include choice of soup or salad, vegetable & starch. I just looked to Barley Creek's menu (the other restaurant you reference) and the same dish, 12 oz strip steak is $26. In my experience, both are a value, which is our goal. Good quality food, fresh cooked, at a value with friendly outgoing service.

Having said that, it is obvious you didn't enjoy yourself. I would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our property and get you into a room that would be more to your liking.

Please do give me a call at 570 629-5900 or email GM@ChateauResort.com. I would appreciate it.

-John

Travellers are raving about these Tannersville hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

MY wife, 2 kids and wife's friend and her 3 kids had nothing but issues. The hotel had a Diesel leak which made everything smell and started making people sick. The only reason she found out about the leak was because she complained about 100 times about the smell and forced someone to come investigate. They even lied about the diesel leak at first, stating that it was a hot water problem. The Manager told my wife to call 911 for assistance about possible carbon monoxide, then got angry at her for "adding to the chaos". My wife refused to pay for the room and was basically told that it was all her fault anyhow.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1 Thank Chris M
Ridgefield, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Saw this in a Groupon offer and thought I would get my money's worth by spending one day there in the top room that this Resort offered (The bi-level suite). Wrong!!!! What a joke!!! The room smelled like mold, it appears that a mountable microwave oven was removed from the room and if peace and quiet is what you want, then this is not the place for you. The walls are paper thin and you can hear all of the screaming, people walking thru the halls, doors slamming, parents yelling and more. For $220+, I definitely could have received grander accommodations somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia W
Cynthia-

I am sorry you didn't have a great stay. We to strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms in a great location at a value. I can tell you we are AAA 3 diamond and work to deliver genuine comfortable service to all our guests.

It also sounds by the rate that you describe that you stayed with us over a weekend night. That supply and demand equation does force higher rates especially during the summer and especially on the weekend nights given the desireable location we have in the area; adjacent to Camelbeach at the base of Camelback Mountain, 2 minutes from the Crossings Premium Outlets and 5 minutes from Mount Airy Casino.

Please do contact me so that I can address all your concerns. I can be reached at 570 629-5900 or GM@ChateauResort.com

John
New york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went to the Chateau for a family weekend. The hotel is extremely dated and dirty. The staff is incompetent and rude, especially at the hotel restaurant. It was very expensive for what you get, which is a smelly room and moldy bathroom. We paid $345 a night, it
included tickets to the water park, but that's it..not even breakfast. The pool was filthy, bugs all over the place. Will def not go there again and I do not recommend it.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank LindaHM2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here earlier this week and it was a mixed bag for our family. We had found the resort on Groupon and figured we would give it a shot. We booked two bi-level suites (each with two guests). Upon check in (and we were a bit early) one room was ready the other was not. Not a big deal as we were headed to the nearby waterpark, except when we got up to the room the keys did not work, my wife had to run back down to the front desk to get the keys re-coded. While down there she was told that the front desk had just dealt with a large group, she elt them know we were not part of the large group. The hotel is VERY dated, which is normally not a big deal but had we paid rack rate then it would have become a HUGE issue for us. Our rooms were generally clean which with a property of this age is not easy to do. That evening after returning from the waterpark we decided to try the hotel's restaurant. We spent over 90 minutes there with maybe a maximum of 20 people in the place. We had to ask repeatedly for one of my daughters' salad to be brought out (and we didnt ask until we had been waiting for at least 40 minutes. Dinner was fair at best but given the price we perhaps should have followed the lead of the family next to us who left after waiting for their appetizers for 45 minutes and gone to another place to eat. Some communication from either our server or the manager would have been appreciated. After dinner we had to run into town to hit a couple of stores and when we arrived back to the hotel at around 930 the parking lot lights went out while we were walking through the parking lot. We did speak with the front desk but did not check to see how long it took to fix the problem. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning and it was delivered on time but , after having had room service breakfast in Vegas, was a bit of a disappointment for the $50 plus dollars. My wife tried to schedule Spa services and was told there was no availability, again what may seem like a minor inconvenience to some, was important to her. After spending the day at the waterpark we decided to take advantage of our room credits and order room service. I took my daughters to the restaurant where Hector (the lone bright spot of the stay), spent time showing them a straw trick and conversing with them. We placed our order , with me specifically stating we were ordering room service, and we were told it would be ready within 30 minutes. At the 40 minute mark we received a call asking us when we would be picking our order up since it had been ready for about 10 minutes. I am glad we had the resort credit because for our order it took up the entire $80...again it was ok, not great but ok...the game room our daughters used even though it was as hot as a sauna in there, some better ventilation could make it very comfortable to be in there without folks breaking into a sweat. While we liked the proximity to the waterpark I think I can speak for our family to say if we head back to the Poconos we will stay at the new resort that is scheduled to open in Spring of 2015.

8 Thank Bryan J
Woodbury, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Has potential for a great vacation place. It needs a complete make over. The sofas in the lobby were disgustingly dirty. Looked as if they should be put to the curb for garbage pick up. The pool and hot tub was filthy and the paint was chipping.The equipment in the gym was old and rusted. The curtains in the room need to be cleaned, there was dry mucus on the wall, the carpets were dirty and the hallways smelled horrible. We asked to rent a fridge and when they delivered it to the room it was old and dirty. It froze everything in it. The staff was very polite but the place really needs to be renovated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tonyswife1008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#1 of 1 in Scotrun
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,346 reviews

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!