“Nice Resort for the kids”

Camelback Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Camelback Mountain Resort is one of the only ski resorts in PA to offer year-round family fun! Our ski resort is a place where kids can be kids... and adults can be too. It offers you a year-round supply of unadulterated fun. Camelback ski resort challenges if allowed to but never intimidates. It's a place that is both lively and quiet no matter what hour of the day. It's one of the only ski resorts in PA that has something for everyone to enjoy no matter what race, color or creed and doesn't care what equipment you use to traverse its slopes or what clothes you wear to keep you comfortable. Camelback speaks many languages, but no matter what language is yours, "Winter Fun" is always translated here. Come out and discover Camelback and experience winter fun like never before at the most diverse and exciting ski resort in PA.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Resort for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Family friendly resort that is growing. Went there for snow tubing. This is best for the kids. They offer a lot of lanes on two different hills. Staff was friendly. Tubing takes place in 3 hour time slots so try to buy your tickets on the hour. Shuttle buses offer service to other hills for skiing and snowboarding. One setback is that the staff does not have much control or order over everything that is going on. They need to develop a better system to be able to manage the amount of people that are now visiting this park and help run things smoothly. Overall it is a nice park and I would go back again.

Atco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ski Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been skiing Camelback for the past 50 years, to enjoy the mountain you have to go early in the morning for the best skiing, on weekend it get crowded, go early, go to the slower lifts short lines. Also ski after 5 pm most people leave.

Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ski lessons for the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Camelback had an excellent deal for ski lessons for my kids. We had them signed up for the 2:00 class but they were able to take them earlier. The kids all were tested on their abilities and were able to have a 3 on 1 class. By the end of their lessons each of my kids had their own instructor helping them on the mountain. The lodge had a huge window where I was able to watch the lessons and not be in the cold.
We also went tubing and it was a lot of fun,,,it was a recorded cold day that day 4degrees with wind chills in the negatives teens so we didn't last as long as I would of liked.

Visited January 2014
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Bad info, bad website detract from a good time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Let me start off by saying that this review is based on trying to get my 4 year old onto skis; something that she asked for.

I had loved Camelback as a teenager and it was my first thought when my daughter asked about skiing. I went to Camelback's website for information and found it to be all but unusable. The pages don't load properly. You can't purchase certain things online so there is no way to reserve everything you want. The website is so bad they actually have a team of customer service people that are trained to go on the website for you to buy what you want. Despite this, not everything I wanted to purchase was available online and, for some reason, they actually do NOT have a phone sales team.

That said, the three or four customer service people I spoke with were wonderful on the phone: polite, seemed knowledgeable and very helpful. I purchased everything I could in advance and I thought I was all set. Then I got to the mountain.

When I showed up at the resort things started to go downhill. My daughters and my information did not transfer from the reservation to the ski rental office as promised. I found that the wrong lift ticket had been purchased online for my daughter (refund was offered but has yet to be received). The teenager assisting with my daughter's rentals put her boots on the wrong feet. Eventually we got everything sorted out and went to get our lesson.

When we (finally) found the ski school we were told that children are not allowed to have lessons with adults. The reasons they gave me for this were good and observing the lesson my daughter had, I am certain this was the right thing to do. The problem is that I made an advance purchase of a private lesson for two people at the advice of customer service.

The ski instructor was great. My daughter had a blast and loved skiing. We will be skiing again soon but we will try someplace else.

1 Thank mbrichter
Little Falls, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun but costly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Overall the kids had a good time-really enjoyed the mountain coaster. The snowtubing was fun but for $30 and 3 hours they only had about 5 rides down. The food is a bit pricy. The shuttles that take you from one area to the next run infrequently so there is a long wait in the cold.