“Overwhelming, but Enjoyable Antique Outing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pocono Antique Mall at Peddler's Village
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Multi-dealer antique shops or malls are an efficient way of antique shopping as long as you are not prone to "overload syndome" like this reviewer. This mall is appealing, but so loaded with merchandise that after awhile it is hard to focus on any one item. It helps, I think, if you are searching for a particular item, i.e. collectible frogs or owls, than if you are just looking around. . I have been here several times over the past few years and - if I did not know better - would swear that the entire place was exactly as I had left it the last time and all the times before that! It is difficult to distinguish one mall of this kind from another, therefore not very easy to review. If you love antiquing, want to get out of the winter cold, and have an hour to kill, you'll be fine at Pocono Antique Mall.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We were in the area to attend a wedding and were looking for something to do in the morning. The Pocono Antique Mall at Peddler's Village was a nice distraction. We found it to well organized and clean with some rather nice pieces. Overall, we enjoyed our time there.

1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've been to several of these kinds of places, this one is just average. I've seen much better and I've seen much worse. Each vendor has their own stall, products were nicely displayed and the place is pretty clean.

It's a decent size place with several rooms. There was some beautiful, old pieces of furniture. Lots of glass items and stuff I remember from my childhood, which brought back wonderful memories. I saw some beautiful pieces of (real) gold and gemstone jewelry but there was far more of the paste, costume kind. It took us about 30 minutes to explore everything.

Beware if you visit on a hot day. There is no air conditioning - they keep the doors open and use fans to cool things off. It wasn't sunny or that hot when we were there and it was uncomfortable. I can't imagine how hot it would've been if the sun was out and it was in the upper 80's.

3  Thank lt10