“Great beer good food, used to be more reasonable”

Barley Creek Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Tannersville
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pizza, American, Brew Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Barley Creek is a restaurant, microbrewery and microdistillery located in Tannersville, PA between The Crossings Premium Outlet stores and Camelback Mountain Resort. The restaurant is on six acres and the main building is a post and beam timber frame designed and built by Benson Woodworking (This Old House Fame) The Outdoor dining area, on the property, has a full service bar, pavilion, the best view of Big Pocono State Park (Camelback Mountain) and can accommodate very large groups events and yes this is the place that has a world class wiffle ball field, cornhole board courts, two Bocce Courts and a keg (Firkin) curling court in the winter.
Pequannock, New Jersey
“Great beer good food, used to be more reasonable”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Been going to this great brew pub since it opened. The food is very good but it used to be a bit more reasonable. Still enjoy many of their beers and they also offer a large selection of other craft brews. Good time whenever we go.

• Visited April 2014
Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your review, and I am glad there are still a lot of good things happening at the Creek. When we opened up in 1995 the price for a gallon of propane was .69 cents. Oh those were the days. We do have a great selection of our brews on tap along with a number of our other favorite local micro brews. In terms of keeping holding the line for reasonable we have some great midweek specials and our happy hour from 4-6 works pretty well. Cheers and thanks again for supporting the local brewery in Tannersville. Trip

Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We tried Barley Creek for the first time this evening. I tried two flights of their beers and enjoyed six of the eight. Since beer preference is such a personal thing, I don't suppose that means too much. They have quite a variety to choose from, so most folks could undoubtedly find something pleasing.

I had the pulled pork sandwich and the beer/cheese soup. Both were quite good. My companion had the shepherd's pie which she said was also quite good. We're always on the lookout for places in the area with good reliable food and I have to say this one is off to a good start. We'll definitely be back to try other selections.

Hi Les,

Thanks for your review. We certainly do have a varied selection of brews on tap with the goal to make sure we have at least a few that work for our guests. The kitchen team know what they are doing and I'm glad we did OK for your first visit. Hope we can repeat that performance over and over again for you. Cheers. Trip Ruvane
Staten Island, New York
“Awesome bachelor party experience”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was in a group of 8 guys that traveled to the Poconos from Delaware. I was the only "local" coming from Staten Island. I have been to Barley Creek plenty of times due to the fact that I ski almost every weekend at Camelback but our experience last night was the best.

First of all we showed up at almost the time the bar was going to close but that didn't seem to be a problem for Trip, Emily, and the rest of the staff. We got a personal tour from Trip, the owner, and he was awesome. Emily kept us well lubed with samples of Barley's beers. Trip was candid and informative during our tour.

After our tour Emily took us back out to the bar, gave us the VIP treatment with our own bar and bar tender!

The food was good, the beer was awesome, the service was impeccable. I can't say enough about Trip, Emily, and the rest of the Barley Creek staff. Our tour and time at Barley Creek was definitely the highlight of our trip. Highly Recommended!!!

Hi Roy,

That was fun. I want you guys to come back this summer (or sooner) to play wiffle ball up at the stadium in our back yard. We have a Big party June 28th that we call Summerfest that the team might also enjoy. Cheers Trip
maryland
“not impressed 2nd time around”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

we visited here 5 years ago and had a much better experience then than we did last month. i understand that this place is one of the few places in the area if you don't feel like a long drive, and its right near the ski resort so they get a lot of walk-thru travelers. but the service here was AWFUL. if you're a big beer lover like me, this is why you come, but the chick bartenders had zero interest in taking any pride in the beer or being amicable. locals definitely get treated better here. i work in a restaurant and i try to greet everyone the same, whether i've seen them a milion times or just met them.

We did managed to get served a beer each and since we didn't order food in the first 5 minutes we had to actually flag someone down to order the pierogie appetizer (it was eh). We actually would have stayed longer and tried out some different beers and eats, but because we were being completely ignored with empty glasses, we just decided enough was enough. Even if you are the only gig in town, word will get out that its not worth visiting. i hope they change things back around.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kel400
Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hi Kel400,
Thanks for taking time to give me a heads up. We do pride ourselves on our beer and your experience is one that should not have happened. We are constantly training and retraining and we'll be using this as another training tool. Please also let your friend know I am sorry. We have a 50/50 mix of locals and "walk-thru" travelers. I know that a lot of my infrequent guests have been here before and they should be treated like a long lost friends. We did not do that with your visit but I'm we can and will do better. I've also had better pierogies and will have them changed out right now.
Cheers, Trip
Hopewell, New York
“Great atmosphere, staff, and good food to match”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stopped in here for lunch while visiting a local hotel for the weekend and we are glad we did.
The atmosphere here is nice and casual. The menu is large with lots of good choices. We tried the avocado roll which was different and interesting. We then had the pulled pork sandwich and the hangover cure burger. Both were very tasty and made for a hearty lunch.
Didn't try and beers as I was driving but there were some choices I would have easily ordered if I had the opportunity.
Service was fast and friendly, I would come back here for more food and beer anytime I am in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Trip R, Owner at Barley Creek Brewing Company, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
MKosche,

I always tell the team when we get a good review from a Top Contributor and one from O Canada. The menu keeps changing and we are beginning to experiment with our brick oven. The goal is to keep the typical choices you would expect from a brewpub but throw in a few wild offerings for those looking for something different. Thanks again and cheers!