“Worth a Try”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to try Marsico's so I took my friend there for her birthday after reading reviews. Dining room is small, only about 8 or 9 tables. Learning it was a BYOB I stopped for a bottle of wine on the way. They charge a $5.00 fee. Another of my favorite area Italian restaurants is BYOB but does not charge a $5.00 fee which is nice. My friend ordered the Sole Stuffed with Crabmeat and she said it was very good. I thought of ordering that but decided on the Sole Francais which wasn't that good. All I could taste was the francais coating, the sole inside was about 1/16 inch thick and flavor was totally overtaken by the coating. I had side of Penne with Vodka Sauce and it was good. We had chocolate cake with raspberry mousse for dessert and it was very good. This time it may just be a case of ordering the wrong menu item. Not sure when I'll try Marsico's again, but I will try something different if I do.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a family run BYOB . Its a bit small so if you plan a weekend visit I would consider reservations. Moderately priced but the quality was good. I think the kitchen could be a bit quicker. Daily specials. I think you would find this a good experience if you are in no big hurry!

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Service was very prompt by our waiter Mark Matthew ; he was very pleasant and accommodating to our needs. It is a BYOB restaurant and is a very pleasant change. Out meals were fabulous especially the veal with pine nuts- a must try!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Very cozy and great food. Have never had a bad experience with the food. However, the service can be a little slow if it's busy, otherwise no complaints.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Ten of us ate here Friday night. There were three tables there besides us. It took them over an hour to get our appetizers. Our dinners followed 45 minutes later! The waiter did not remember one persons order yelling out " who has the lobster ravioli"? Which was the size of an appetizer! Eight small raviolis! There were no salads or soup with dinners. It is a BYOB which we had no problem with. We bought Martinis. They gave us glasses and later charged us $2.50 per glass to use their glass. I guess it would had been ok if they were chilled sith maybe a twist if lemon or an olive. Then even charged my friends $2.50 because they shared a Caesar salad that the waiter told them to share because it was do large. I don't get it? Are they in Taylor PA or do they think they are a top eatery in Philly?
My suggestion is - to eat somewhere else.

2  Thank Hockeymomgg