“Excellent Dinner At Marsico's”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2015

This restaurant is near where we live but somehow we never seemed to get there. A menu came across my desk in our office so we took a look. There were a lot of dinner choices that we thought we'd like so we gave it a try. The service and meal were both great. In addition to all the choices on the menu there are also nightly specials that make the decision even harder! This is a BYOB so bring your own alcoholic beverages and by the size of the crowd I would say that reservations are recommended. In all, a great dinner at Marsico's!

Reviewed 19 October 2014

After hearing for some time from several friends about how much they enjoyed dinning at Marsico's , my husband and I finally decided to give it a try. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. We had reservations so it was a little frustrating that we stood for nearly five minutes before we were approached by the hostess to be seated. Our drinks were brought very quickly but then we had a long wait before the waiter came to take our order.
It took quite a while to receive our appetizer (yes, slow service is a constant through out the night) however the friendliness and willingness to please shown by the wait staff and the excellent quality of food more than made up for the wait. I love to cook, and most of my meals are prepared from scratch. I am very picky when i am dining out. I have to say that the chicken francese I had was probably the best meal I have had in a very long while. My husband had chicken parmigiana. Although not our most favorite sauce, still it was very good and the chicken was excellent. There are many places where the service might be more prompt, but the quality of food not nearly as good, Given a choice, it was well worth the wait and I definitely look forward to another visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to try Marsico's so I took my friend there for her birthday after reading reviews. Dining room is small, only about 8 or 9 tables. Learning it was a BYOB I stopped for a bottle of wine on the way. They charge a $5.00 fee. Another of my favorite area Italian restaurants is BYOB but does not charge a $5.00 fee which is nice. My friend ordered the Sole Stuffed with Crabmeat and she said it was very good. I thought of ordering that but decided on the Sole Francais which wasn't that good. All I could taste was the francais coating, the sole inside was about 1/16 inch thick and flavor was totally overtaken by the coating. I had side of Penne with Vodka Sauce and it was good. We had chocolate cake with raspberry mousse for dessert and it was very good. This time it may just be a case of ordering the wrong menu item. Not sure when I'll try Marsico's again, but I will try something different if I do.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a family run BYOB . Its a bit small so if you plan a weekend visit I would consider reservations. Moderately priced but the quality was good. I think the kitchen could be a bit quicker. Daily specials. I think you would find this a good experience if you are in no big hurry!

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Service was very prompt by our waiter Mark Matthew ; he was very pleasant and accommodating to our needs. It is a BYOB restaurant and is a very pleasant change. Out meals were fabulous especially the veal with pine nuts- a must try!!!