“We loved it, and will be back if in the area!”

Artist's Inn and Gallery
Ranked #1 of 1 Terre Hill B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The couple that owns the bed & breakfast were so accomodating, and friendly. We brought our 13 year old daughter with us, and she just loved it. They were very welcoming to her as well as us as a couple. They are situated in the heart of Terre Hill, Pa, which is very quaint and picturesque.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2011

My wife and I have stayed several times and we laugh now because it is like coming home. Jan and Bruce make the trip so much better. From the beautiful rooms, the wonderful food, and such a quite place to relax, nothing can be found here but heaven. If you are looking for a place to come and relax, be treated like you are the center of the world, look no further. The Artist Inn is the place for you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DougM613
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Mom and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend and LOVED it. Jan is the best! Our family has extensive travel worldwide and have stayed in a variety of places. This BB definitely ranks under our "excellent" category-reserved for few select places we've stayed at, including the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur. Will definitely return here.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank SillyyakchickinNYC
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My husband and I spent one night at the Artist's Inn when we were in the area for a wedding in mid May. Jan and Bruce are wonderful hosts, warm, friendly and very accommodating. Both the inn and our room were extremely comfortable, very tastefully decorated, and well equipped. Jan is an excellent cook and served a very memorable sumptuous breakfast. She and Bruce are very knowledgeable and provided helpful and interesting information about the area including an excellent restaurant recommendation and suggestion for a great walk. An unexpected bonus was Bruce's whimsical and artistically impressive prints. We would definitely recommend the Artist's Inn and Gallery to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaryinConnecticut
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My (now) husband and I have stayed at the Artist's Inn 3 pervious times and were so in love with the place and the Innkeepers that we asked if they would host our wedding. It was indeed my dream wedding. Everyone who stayed there raved about the place and Jan and Bruce made it so very special. The Inn, Carriage House and Cottage provide wonderful accommodations. The breakfasts are to-die for. The ambiance cannot be beat - and Bruce's art really adds a fun touch to the Inn (be sure to save time to look at it all). Great location for sightseeing in charming Lancaster or for just lounging around. I would stay there every weekend if I could!

Room Tip: All rooms are great - you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne052111
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I just had the most wonderful visit at the Artist’s Inn and Gallery! I have been to Lancaster County several times and believe I have found the most perfect place to stay in this unique and loved destination. Terre Hill is a charming, quaint little town which overlooks the surrounding farmlands. The location provides such peace and an air of country living while still being convenient to all the tourist attractions of Straussburg, Bird in Hand, Intercourse, Lancaster, ect. but of course if you are looking for a getaway where the only thing on the itinerary is sitting out on the porch leisurely reading a book or going for a stroll in the country side to take in some fresh air and gorgeous views, The Artist’s Inn & Gallery is the place to come and unwind.
The rooms are clean and tasteful with practical and sweet little details. The beds are luxurious with high quality bedclothes and pillows. One could lounge around in them all day watching videos from the downstairs library on the flat screen tv. I stayed in the Garden Suite which had a spa-like bathroom. An immaculate two person soaking tub/jacuzzi, a separate shower equipped with three massaging jets, a gas fireplace....yes, you read that correctly a fire place in the bathroom, and a day bed straight out of Anne of Green Gables...yes ,a bed/lounging couch in the bathroom. I will never forget sleepily stretching out on that daybed one misty rainy morning in front of the fireplace while watching the Amish buggies clip clop past one of the two sunken windows. It was like being transported in time. What a unique and precious rare experience topped off with a comforting soak in the tub. The rooms will pamper and spoil you!
The innkeeper Jan is a concierge extraordinaire. She has the key to the county with an extensive list of contacts of local merchants and service providers. Whatever it is you would like to do Jan can arrange it for you, map it out for you, get you coupons and still will ask you to call if you get lost. I came to her door in a sorry state after my vacation plans fell apart and Jan whisked up a perfectly tailored itinerary indulging us for the next two days. I feel like one need just arrive and everything else would be taken care of by Jan and Bruce.
Breakfast is sublime. Served by candle light and coming in five courses it is a warm and delightful experience which will leave you full well past lunch. Jan and Bruce are foodies and it shows. They go well above and beyond the typical B&B fare with local fresh ingredients a wide variety of tastes and choices. So conscientious, they will adjust the menu for dietary needs and tastes. Jan really throws down in the kitchen. You will not be disappointed.
I highly recommend this Inn. It is perfect for family holidays, romantic escapes, girlfriend getaways, and personal me times. I can’t wait to go back

Room Tip: The cottages look amazing! Definately worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fallenidol234
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My husband surprised me with a visit to the Inn for our 18th anniversary. He could not have made a better choice. Jan and Bruce are the perfect hosts with warm conversation, excellent service, plenty of assistance when it came to information about the area, suggestions of places to visit, and directions. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The gourmet breakfasts Jan prepared were scrumptious with so much offered it was easy to overindulge. Jan went above and beyond when we arrived back at the inn after a celebratory dinner out and found our bed turned down for the evening with delicious homemade chocolates and a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne. Our stay was, to say the least, delightful. We hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites
Historic Smithton Inn
Historic Smithton Inn
#1 of 8 in Ephrata

Been to Artist's Inn and Gallery? Share your experiences!