“excellent find”

Artist's Inn and Gallery
Ranked #1 of 1 Terre Hill B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Elegant charm combined with genuine hospitality provided a memorable
comfortable weekend in a rural Pa Dutch town. A four course gourmet
breakfast made our stay most enjoyable. Whimsical art provide the artist'w room
with noteworthy character.
A great find.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Artist's Inn and Gallery

Reviewed 24 February 2009

My grandmother (country lady from Georgia) died at the age of 88. This bed & breakfast with white door knobs, wood floors, lamp/window shades, antique chairs, and quilts on the beds all reminded me of her. She and my soulmate, Greg, never had the chance to meet. The experience of this wonderful "home" felt as if I introduced him to her. Also, we reside and work in metro Washington, DC. The Artist Inn provided ULTIMATE relaxation. Valentine's weekend 2009 was awesome!! -Julie

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2008

This was our first stay at a B&B and it was wonderful. Jan and Bruce were wonderful. The cookies were the best and Bruce's Art work was unbelieveable. I bought a piece of his art to help me remember our great stay there. The breakfast was very good nothing like I had ever had before. We stayed in the Rose Room and it was everything we had hoped it would be. I surprised my Husband with the Romance Basket and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to add a little something special to your night. We will be returning!

Jan and Bruce, Thank you for ALL your help with directions and information on the area. We truly enjoyed talking with you. I feel like we have made friends for a lifetime!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Excellent b&b. The home and our room were just beautiful and very interesting. Every detail was covered. Jan and Bruce were lovely and very easy to talk to. The breakfast was very gourmet and just the right amount of food. They helped with good tours (not just the most advertised) and directions. The home was in a very small town that was off the "commercial" path so it was far more enjoyable than the "regular hotels" in the "Amish country." It was very clean and very pretty. My husband and I enjoyed our time away in this very quiet corner of the world. Highly recommend staying here. ,

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

More than once, the Innkeeper Jan was quite happy to find my husband and I with our hands in the cookie jar, the one that sits in her dining room on a lovely antique sideboard. The cookie jar that was filled to the brim when we arrived with warm chocolate cookies with a hint of raspberry.
Our stay at the Garden Suite was a peaceful one. Gorgeous room. We will most definitely be returning in the near future. Enjoy Jan's lovely breakfasts, you'll feel full until 3pm while you're shopping! And of course when you check in, check out Bruce's artwork. We were laughing out loud like teenagers for the first hour! It will be a place for years of R & R. Thanks Guys for a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We recently stayed at the Artist’s Inn and Gallery’s Old Stone Cottage for our honeymoon. It was absolutely wonderful! The cottage is done with so much attention to detail that it stands out in every single room. The décor is wonderful without being overdone. The cottage is luxurious with a wonderful bed and even a whirlpool in the master bedroom. The shower is right out of the 21st century. Bruce and Jan were exceptionally nice and helpful too! It was a perfect experience and a wonderful stay. Nothing could have been better after the stress and turmoil of pulling off a wedding. We hope to go back many times! The combination of this fantastic cottage and the peace of Lancaster is a balm to the soul. Absolutely recommended without reserve !

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2008

My husband, my parents, and myself just spent a 3-night, 4-day weekend at “The Cottage” which is owned and rented by Jan and Bruce of “The Artist’s Inn and Gallery” in Terre Hill, Pa.

It was wonderful to arrive at “The Cottage” and find home baked cookies and scones supplied by Jan; also, milk, eggs, juice, and other surprises in the frig. This is just a beautiful and relaxing place to be. At first, the four of us wondered if we would be bored at the end of four days, Thursday through Sunday. To the contrary, on the day of our departure, we all agreed we could have used another day or two. I took morning walks with my father and wandered the gardens of the cottage and also the Artist’s Inn (which I highly suggest – notice the amazing and odd flowers on the left as you proceed down the walk. They are appropriately named “Love in a Mist”). We grilled, cooked, shopped, played games, enjoyed the magnificent scenery, and had long talks while relaxing on the porch.

Actual statements made by my family members as they describe the weekend include:

“The place was so tranquil, and so relaxing.” – my father, who finds it extremely difficult to relax. He is 82 years old, still works full time, and brought office work with him, which he never touched!

“I noticed that when I was driving somewhere on Monday, my right hand was lying palm open and very relaxed on my lap. My hands are usually clenched around the steering wheel.” – my mother

“This was the best vacation I’ve ever had!” – my husband, who is a teacher of middle school students and very much needed some down time

My statement is “When are we going again?”

Thanks Jan and Bruce!

Historic Smithton Inn
Historic Smithton Inn
#1 of 8 in Ephrata
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Artist's Inn and Gallery? Share your experiences!