“Thankfully...It finally closed for good.”
Review of Pace One

Pace One
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thornton
Pace One
Ranked #1 of 1 Thornton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2011

It was good in the 90's. It was run into the ground in the past few years. I hope a new owner can bring it back to glory.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank cramerd
Reviewed 31 December 2008

We visited Pace One on the recommendation of our B&B, Sweetwater Farms, on the occasion of our 24th wedding anniversary. The atmosphere is a microcosm of the area - countrified money. Elegant, but rustic. An old barn converted into a bar and fine dining establishment.

We ate in the fine dining area, which was nicely appointed (and decorated for Christmas), but perhaps just a tiny bit cramped. Staff and guests bumped into my chair as they tried to squeeze by. The bar attached to the dining area was pretty raucous, and the patrons on "that side" didn't seem to be as concerned with their attire as the diners. Again, a strange combination of local flavors.

The food was a little on the expensive side, but I suppose this is to be expected for the area (Chester/Delaware County has an interesting mix of big-city affluence and small-town country charm).

My wife had the surf and turf - lobster tail and filet mignon - and I had shrimp scampi. Both were done well, and presented quite nicely.

I was a little disappointed by the wine selection. The owner seems to have eschewed the local wineries, which is a shame. While California provides some great wines, there are a few local gems to be had, and recognizing that would have been a perfect addition to a very nice meal.

Overall, not a bad experience, and since it was convenient to the B&B, I would be tempted to return on my next trip. There are plenty of other good restaurants in the area, though, so it's going to be a toss-up whether I revisit Pace One.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pensylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2006

I've been to Pace One 6 times in as many months. I absolutely LOVE the bar area. The entire restaurant is gorgeous, but the bar is warm, cozy, ROMANTIC. I could sit there all night with a glass of wine. For a fine dining experience, sit in the dining room. Exposed beams, stone walls, white table linens and candle light: sure to impress a date. The food: a little pricey, honestly. But they do offer half portions of most entres which is still plenty to eat. I had ostrich there last night and I think it was the yummiest thing I've ever tasted. I've also had the crab cakes, rack of lamb, and filet mignon: all fantastic! For appitzers, get the baked brie. Dessert: the fruit cobbler thingy is awesome. I tried all the desserts and it is by far the best so don't waste your time with the others.

Stayed: April 2006
PA
Reviewed 13 December 2005

Maybe it was an off night. The shrimp wrapped in bacon with horseradish were small, lukewarm and tough, only four for 11.50. The salad greens were limp, the balsamic vinaigrette was faint. The lobster tails were lukewarm, the Peruvian mashed potatoes were lukewarm, no discernable flavoring or presentation, most guests left untouched. The asparagus were done nicely, crisp. The bourbon pecan pie was room-temp instead of warm (accompanied by ice-cream), and much too sweet. When coffee came, milk instead of half and half appeared. Servers were very attentive and knowledgeable, food service, however, was extremely slow. For the prices, would not return, could eat at Red Lobster for better food. As mentioned at the beginning, might have been an off night.

Stayed: December 2005
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 23 December 2004

This restaurant is one of a kind. Led by a great restaurant manager, very creative entrees, along with fantastic special appetizers and desserts, I highly recomend this restaurant. The staff are courteous and well knowledged. For reservations, you can call I believe their # at --------------

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Pace One? Share your experiences!