Paradise Inn & Suites
US$93
ComfortInn
US$127
Fairfield Inn
Victorian Charm Inn(Towanda)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$95
The Bradford Inn(Towanda)(Great Value!)
US$82
Rodeway Inn(Towanda)
US$87
RodewayInn
  • Restaurant
US$72
US$87
ComfortInn
Candlewood Suites Sayre(Sayre)(Great Value!)
US$82
All reviewseggscontinental breakfastin townroom was cleanstay there againfront desk staffbusiness tripvery nice hotelnice amenitiespleasant staffsausagesmall towntake careowners and staffhear everythingfree wifienjoyed our stay
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I booked a room via Priceline, paying for it in advance as you have to do if you bid for a room. After a perfectly decent stay overnight and an ordinary but routine breakfast, I went to drop off my key and was told at the front desk that they would be charging my credit card for the stay. I explained I had paid through Priceline and showed them my receipt, but the person who was the senior of the pair insisted that I still owed money, and, believe it or not, she had never heard of Priceline. Obviously a lack of training of staff was responsible, and it left me with high blood pressure from being angry trying to argue with their ignorance (the other person was only on her second day and was very apologetic, but her words conflicted with the other person's insistence that I owed money). Having stayed at a local Bed and Breakfast with five stars for close to half the price, I'd say go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank DrDoriaol
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your check-out at our hotel. Out of all the travel agencies, Priceline does not book with us very often. They have a different way of billing then most agencies. The guest will prepay for the reservation and then when Priceline books the reservation with our reservation system they place a prepaid credit card on file that we are to charge. When you checked in you supplied us with your personal credit card, so we ended up with two cards on file, the system automatically charges the last card to be placed on file, which unfortunately was your personal credit card. This is no excuse for what occurred, I just wish to explain what caused the circumstances to unfold. Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will come back again so we can have another opportunity to show you a superior experience.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Regards,

Property Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Best Westerns are not honestly my first choice when traveling. But when traveling to this area -- I would choose it again. The staff was friendly - so much so you could tell the gal at the front desk really enjoyed her job and it showed! The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was fine - again not 5 start resturant quality -- but it is breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Alpharettagagal,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am glad you had a good experience at our hotel and enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to pass along kind regards to the staff about your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

If I can be of any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-268-7000.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I had to check out a day early and was charged with an early check out fee equal to 1 nights stay. I was infomed that the hotel has a 72 hour early check-out notification. This is an unrealsitic policy. Towanda is not Disney World there is no need for this much advance notice. I felt like the hotel was taking advantage of business travellers who are working in the gas industry in that area. I was informed by the manager that the early checkout policy was stated on the paper work at check-in. Shame on me for not reading the fine print. I plan to be back in the area quite a bit over the next few months and will chose another hotel to stay in as this policy was not customer freindly and quite honestly not a good business practice. I'm a frequent traveller, mostly staying at Marriott properties and they do not have a policy like this. I'm sorry but your hotel has lost my future business.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Gregory C
Megan H, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I personally spoke with you about the 72 hour cancellation/departure policy that we have here at the hotel. I am aware that most hotels usually have 24 hour/48 hour policies, and I did inform you that we would try to accommodate you better the next time you stayed with us by waiving the policy as long as you gave the front desk notice before the day of desired departure. When you booked with us, you made two reservations, but instead of charging you for two early departures, we only charged you for one and waived the other charge, even though you gave us no notice. When you book through a travel agency and not through the hotel, the hotel pays commissions on the reservations that you make; varying on the length of stay you booked for. By waiving the second early departure charge, the hotel actually lost revenue to try and accommodate you better. I do apologize that you are displeased with the policy that we have here, but like I stated before, we did waive one of the charges and I did inform you that we would work with you and your schedule for future reservations. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 570-268-7000.

39126 Property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Towanda Inn

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Spent two nights here, the staff never spoke to us and acted like we were in their way. Breakfast is bad. Room was not cleaned and when we complained we were treated rudely. Avoid this place. Staff hung around registration desk talking. Very unfriendly place. Very expensive and if we had left after the first night we would have to pay for the second night. That is the policy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anne C
debbie b, Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

We do apologize you were unhappy with your stay. However if you have your DND sign on when housekeeping comes around we do respect your wishes not to disturb you. When you came down late in the evening the night clerk did however give you a full range from coffee to bath products to accommodate your needs. As she could see you were upset and continued to be outraged by becoming abusive she did try to retify your issues promptly. We do try to give our guest quality service at all times and hope you will reconsider your stay with us. Thank you agian for choosing the Best Western Towanda Inn. Management

Reviewed 9 September 2012

hotel was very clean and the nicest one in this town. The staff is very friendly and we found out very honest as well. A very large bill was left with several singles as a housekeeping tip. the staff member brought it to the attention of the management who in turn contacted us. would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to respond and let other travelers know how your stay was with us. We strive to give quality service to all our guests. We appreciate your additional comments in regard to the honesty and friendliness of our staff. However, this is all part of our commitment to you as our guest. Again Thank You We hope when you are in the area again we will get to service you again. Regards Debbie Babcock