“brand new property with friendly service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Towanda
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a brand new property (May 2013) and it shows. It is spiffy! Modern, attractive lobby. Gorgeous decor! Beautiful breakfast area! Darling little pool (indoor) and outdoor patio! And the attention to detail in the rooms - wonderful! Outlets galore! Right by the bed, without having to unplug other things. The bathroom shower is marvelous - huge, with lovely glass doors, and multiple places to set toiletries without having them slide off the shelf. Someone was paying attention when they designed that shower! My initial introduction to this hotel (beyond reading the Trip Advisor reviews, which made me decide to reserve a room) was disappointing. The guy who checked us in at the front desk had zero customer service skills and provided an awful impression. He didn't smile, didn't make eye contact, gave us a room key that didn't work, and when I asked about signing up for the loyalty club - he grunted and gestured to the lobby computers and told me to do it myself. So I did. And then promptly submitted an email through the corporate comment system letting them know the type of service this person provided. In less than an hour, I had an email from the general manager of the Towanda, PA hotel apologizing, letting me know he would address the issue with the employee, crediting me with loyalty points as compensation, and telling me to contact him directly if I had other concerns. How about THAT for service recovery?! I was impressed!! That employee's attitude was the exception. To a person - morning desk clerk, housekeeper, breakfast attendant, maintenance person - everyone else was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely happy to be at work. Choose this hotel. You won't be disappointed. But if you are, you'll get a quick response when you voice your concerns.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramonajane
ffisshaner, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review on trip advisor. We take customer service here at the hotel very seriously and we are happy that you brought it to our attention after it happened. We hope that you come back to our hotel so we can show you the true meaning of customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-265-5553 if you should need future reservations.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I love that new hotel smell. What we have here is a new format Fairfield, a nice modern comfortable room layout. Nice decor. Power outlets for charging my electronic goodies literallynare everywhere - a major plus. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DJ-USA

Thank you for taking to the time to write a review for us. We are always happy to see guests who have enjoyed their stay, and we can not wait to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a great place to stay in the Towanda - Wysox area! The hotel is new and very, very clean! The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless and cleaned to tiptop shape each day when we went out. I was surprised how peaceful it was in the room at night (we were there for three nights) no noise from the hall or street. We were on the third floor. The bed was great. Breakfast also! I will stay here from now on when visiting family in the mountains of PA.

Room Tip: Third floor is great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bmorrette

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. We are extremely glad to hear that you found our hotel clean, and our staff friendly.I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that you stay with us on your next visit. Once again thank you for the review

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in Wyalusing, PA and as soon as we arrived we were welcomed warmly and the hotel was very clean and new. Our room was large and the bed was comfortable. Overall our stay was very enjoyable.

Our problems arrived when we got home and realized that my wife had left her toiletry bag in the room on the tv stand. We immediately called the hotel (about 3 pm on the day we checked out) and explained our situation. They checked the lost and found and informed my wife that nothing was found in the room. The bag and contents were valued at over $300 and they were quick to dismiss their staff of any wrongdoing.

This was a wonderful hotel for the weekend, but our experience was seriously tainted because of this. They were also quick to state that my wife should not have left anything in the room. This is obvious. My wife obviously made the mistake of forgetting her belongings, but it comes back to the Fairfield Inn staff for disposing of (or dare I say stealing) a large toiletry bag with many items contained within.

It's a shame that I need to leave a negative review, but the fact that these items just somehow "disappeared" is frankly unacceptable. Feel free to stay, but beware of leaving any valuables in your room while there.

Disappointed...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
ffisshaner, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hello-

We are so happy to hear that the stay at our hotel was great until you contacted us concerning the vanity bag being left behind. We have located this bag within 24 hours of the phone call to our front desk and have shipped the vanity bag back to you free of charge. We hope that you come back to our hotel to see the customer service does matter to us and making sure that all customers are happy with every stay. Please feel free to contact me at 570-265-5553 if you would like to speak to me concerning this matter further. thank you for the review.

General manager.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

On a road trip stopped in to this hotel - great facilities, room lovely staff fabulous. But on arrival home there was a $20.00 per night "incidental" charge added on to bill. I called and they explained the charge will be refunded in 5 to 7 days and this is standard operating procedure. First- why add the charge, and second 5 to 7 days? Beware

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Noni55

Hello-

We liked to hear that your stay with us was fantastic other than the Incidental charge that was on your credit card. We do place a small incidental charge on all credit cards if you make a phone call or charge an item to your room while staying with us. We are sorry that this was not explained to you when you checked into the hotel. We hope that you do come back and stay with us in the future. If you would like to talk to me about this, please feel free to contact me at 570-265-5553. Thank you for letting us know about this problem that you had.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at the new Fairfield Inn and it was good but not great. The front desk clerk was competent but not especially friendly and didn't have any idea where we might find an open restaurant or fireworks (it was the Fourth of July) in the area. After dinner at Wendy's (seriously, nothing was open and there is no restaurant on the premises) we played in the pool, which was great for our 3-year old but might have been disappointing for older children or adults - the pool is very, very small and doesn't get deeper than 4 feet. Our room was fine, no complaints about the furnishings, but it was on the end of the hotel near the road and we could hear noise from the cars passing by all night long. We also heard noise from other guests on the stairs next to our room, as well as the door to the stairs creaking and slamming. Apparently a lot of workers who do hydraulic fracturing ("fracking") stay in the Fairfield so they come and go at all hours of the day and night. It was very noisy.

Breakfast the next morning was fine and the woman who worked in the breakfast area was very friendly and accommodating, though the waffles had a strange sour taste to them. Overall it was a decent place to spend one night but I was happy to be on our way in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the road
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking to the time to write a review for us. We are sorry to hear about the noisy room you had at our hotel. If you are in the area, please feel free to contact me so we can place you in a room that is away from so much hallway traffic.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn during our family reunion and loved the hotel. It is new so everything is spotless. It is located off Rt. 6, very easy to find. All of the staff were welcoming and had a friendly "hello." The sleeping rooms and bathrooms are larger than usual. We stayed in a room that faced Rt. 6, (I recommend staying in a room that faces the back because you heard EVERYTHING on Rt. 6). They have a great complimentary breakfast (with hot foods), a nice workout facility and a small pool (does the job if you just want to cool off). The only negative comment I have is that the staff had their "smoke" breaks on the side-door where guests enter and exit, really gross to exit through a fog of smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VAGirl8567

Hello-

I loved to read the detailed review you wrote concerning our staff and the amenities that we offer. The breakfast staff loved to read how much you enjoyed the breakfast and the friendliness of the hotel. We are very sorry to hear that the staff was smoking outside the doors when you walked into the hotel. We have moved the smoking area for our employees so that another guest does not have this problem. We hope that if you are back in the area, you come back to stay with us for the wonderful customer service and amenities that we offer.

Melissa Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towanda
Paradise Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Sayre
#1 of 5 in Sayre
Best Western Grand Victorian Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sayre

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox? Share your experiences!