“Great Surprise”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Towanda
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were pretty impressed with the new Fairfield Inn in this tiny town. We visit family here often - and as the area continues to grow, so do the options. We booked a king room @ a fairly low price and couldn't believe the beautiful & clean room....yet, particularly, the bathroom with a huge double shower area. Contemporary and fun lobby & breakfast area. The breakfast was the expected Marriott chain thing, but was nice, nonetheless. Thumbs UP!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta E
ffisshaner, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review that you have posted. We love to read how the guests love the new design of the Fairfield Inn and Suites with the large showers in all King rooms. The staff takes great pride in the clean rooms that each guest receives. We hope the next time that you come back into the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on four occasions over the last five months, ranging from three nights to six nights each time. Each trip was for business in the area. The quality of the facilities, service and everything else about the hotel is exceptional. The exterior and interior are always clean and neat. The lobby is bright and welcoming. The rooms themselves are very clean and comfortable and there is plenty of lighting. The beds are very comfortable and offer a great night's sleep. The staff members I have encountered are courteous and professional. On my last trip, after I had already asked the desk clerk a few questions and then realized I had locked my key card in the room, she replied "Oh it's no problem" with a gracious smile and quickly got a new key for me. The breakfast is also great - plenty of food to choose from and nice and fresh. Overall, I only have good things to say about this hotel. I would gladly recommend it to anyone (and I already have on one occasion). On each of the return trips to this area, it was refreshing to know the high level of quality I knew I would receive at this hotel. This Fairfield Inn is definitely my first choice when travelling to the Towanda area.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the third floor as they are a tad quieter, but all the rooms are clean, comfortabl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jacobj567

Thank for for the great review on the staff and the wonderful rooms in our hotel. All employees love to read how well they take care of all guests online as well as in person from return guests. Since we are near a busy road of US 6 it does get noice from time to time. Thank you for making us aware of some of the rooms are a little noisy. We hope to see you stay with us again and if there is anything I can do to make the next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to call me. thanks

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We often stay at Fairfield Inns when they are available--they're cheap, clean, and well-run. This one was quite new, and better than most. It's definitely the best place to stay in Towanda. the rooms are attractive, with a good set of amenities. This one is the only Marriott-run hotel I have stayed in that had doors that go all the way to the floor. Usually, there is a huge gap between the bottom of the door and the carpet; on your last day, they come around early and slip the bill under the door. The downside is that you can hear every word spoken in the hallway and the slam of every door being closed. Lovely rooms marred by all that noise--pity. At this place the noise was not noticeable at all, and they put the bill in a little envelope that would hang from the doorknob. Sweet. Even the free breakfast, which is usually pretty dire, was a good bit better than usual.

The only quibble I have would be that the people at the desk seemed not to know very much about the town and where and what things/places might be. They should have that knowledge, especially in a town that size (somewhere around 3000, +/-).

All in all, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the highway. We were upgraded to a suite; I have no idea why, but it mig...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nell S

Thank you for the kind review of our property. The staff loves to see with reviews that we exceeded your expectations with the stay at our hotel. The staff is always looking for ways to improve their customer service and with the comments you have made, we have changed many items at the desk to assure that they are aware of all area locations and information of the local area. We look forward to you seeing you again and if there is anything I can do the next time you area in the area, please free to contact me at 570-265-5553 to make your stay more enjoyable.

General manager

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great staff and service. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Only possible downside would be my room only had a shower. Not an issue for me but might be if you were expecting a tub. I did have some road noise from the highway but nothing that turning on the ac unit fan didn't fix.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken M

Thank you for the kind words about the recent stay at our hotel. We love to let all of our guest know that if you are looking for a tub in our hotel, please make sure you book a 2 Queen beds. The 2 queen beds are the only rooms in our hotel that have a bathtub in them. If you are looking for a shower only, then you will want to book a King or a King suite. With the new design of the Fairfield Inn and Suites, we wanted to make sure that you had the best of both worlds for the bathrooms. If you are in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you should have any questions or concerns about each of our rooms. We will be more than happy to help you in any way possible. Please contact me at 570-265-5553. Have a great day.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Fairfied Inn in Towanda Wysox on 10/12-10/13/13....when we signed in we were met by a very sweet friendly young lady....easy check-in....told us her name and that she would be there until 11:00pm if we needed anything....beautiful brand new rooms....comfy beds with plenty of pillows....gorgeous hotel....great night sleep, fabulous breakfast.....very nice helpful friendly breakfast attendant! great pool, clean, great for young kids! easy check-out, very friendly helpful staff! best hotel I have stayed out in a longggggg time! definitely give this hotel a 5 Star!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor, felt it was a little noisy (from traffic route 6)....then came to realize...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AudiMama
ffisshaner, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you giving our hotel 5 Stars! We always strive to make sure that each guest feels the experience that you have. and I hope we continue to do this for you. If there is anything we can do for you in the future trips to the Towanda area, please contact one of our staff members or myself at 570-265-5553. Have a great day.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed one night at the Towanda Fairfield Inn using our Marriott points. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is new and everything is fresh and spiffy. We had a room with a king bed; the room was large and comfortable with all the usual amenities, including a coffee maker. In spite of the fact that the hotel is on the highway, it was quiet at night.

Other reviewers have complained about their check-in clerk, but ours was quite friendly. She was also helpful later when we asked for directions to a Rite-Aid; she printed directions for us.

Towanda is somewhat lacking in restaurants, and there was no restaurant guide in the rooms. There were several restaurants listed on the hotel’s website, but the one we selected was (permanently) closed. Another was closed the day we were there, and others didn’t seem too desirable. We finally ate at Harkness Family Restaurant, which was OK.

A buffet breakfast at the inn is included in the rate. It included scrambled eggs and sausages as well as waffles, muffins and bagels, cereal, juice, etc. The breakfast attendant was friendly and very helpful. She even made a point of coming to our table to tell us that she had put out a fresh pan of scrambled eggs at the buffet.

In short, we had a fine stay at the Towanda Fairfield Inn and would certainly stay here again if we’re in Towanda.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LanghorneJim

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about us on Trip Advisor, your feedback is really appreciated. My staff and I try our best to provide quality customer service to all of our guests, and I hope we continue to do this for you. Please don't hesitate to let me know if we fall short during one of your visits, and I look forward to having you as a guest soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a brand new property (May 2013) and it shows. It is spiffy! Modern, attractive lobby. Gorgeous decor! Beautiful breakfast area! Darling little pool (indoor) and outdoor patio! And the attention to detail in the rooms - wonderful! Outlets galore! Right by the bed, without having to unplug other things. The bathroom shower is marvelous - huge, with lovely glass doors, and multiple places to set toiletries without having them slide off the shelf. Someone was paying attention when they designed that shower! My initial introduction to this hotel (beyond reading the Trip Advisor reviews, which made me decide to reserve a room) was disappointing. The guy who checked us in at the front desk had zero customer service skills and provided an awful impression. He didn't smile, didn't make eye contact, gave us a room key that didn't work, and when I asked about signing up for the loyalty club - he grunted and gestured to the lobby computers and told me to do it myself. So I did. And then promptly submitted an email through the corporate comment system letting them know the type of service this person provided. In less than an hour, I had an email from the general manager of the Towanda, PA hotel apologizing, letting me know he would address the issue with the employee, crediting me with loyalty points as compensation, and telling me to contact him directly if I had other concerns. How about THAT for service recovery?! I was impressed!! That employee's attitude was the exception. To a person - morning desk clerk, housekeeper, breakfast attendant, maintenance person - everyone else was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely happy to be at work. Choose this hotel. You won't be disappointed. But if you are, you'll get a quick response when you voice your concerns.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramonajane

Thank you for the wonderful review on trip advisor. We take customer service here at the hotel very seriously and we are happy that you brought it to our attention after it happened. We hope that you come back to our hotel so we can show you the true meaning of customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 570-265-5553 if you should need future reservations.

Melissa Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towanda
0 mi away
Crystal Springs Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 5 in Towanda

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Towanda Wysox? Share your experiences!