“Not all it's cracked up to be”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Orlando, Florida
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As I work for a travel company, of course I look at tripadvisor to check out hotels. This was not worth the stars it is rated. It started out poorly, as we were not so much as looked at upon arrival, much less greated. Once Brittany finally did greet us, she informed us that our king size bed was a "special order" and they were sold out, and that I had a double bed. My order was not a special order, especially when signing the "no smoking policy" and it showed that I ordered a room with a king. No enjoy your stay, no I'm sorry we can't accommodate. Nothing. As we walked toward the elevator all I could smell was chlorine. I'm well aware that indoor pools tend to smell stronger, however, the odor was so overwhelming I felt nauseated. I firmly believe the hotel is no-smoking now, however, I'm sure that it was once a smoking hotel as near every elevator and hallway there is a strong smoke smell that no new paint can cover. They might want to rethink new carpet and a facelift. The furniture in the room was lovely, however the popcorn ceiling, 90s wallpaper and carpet leave something to be desired. As did the sleep number beds that did not work-which was the main reason for us booking the hotel. It was not operator error, as we have a sleep number at home. Extremely disappointed in this entire experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristin D
Radisson T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Kristin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced, including staff service & attitude, reservation accuracy, odors including chlorine & smoke, and a malfunctioning sleep number bed. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay. Thank you once again for your feedback. Have a great week.

All the best,

Nicolette Thompson
Front Office Manager
267-525-4003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Winchester
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 20 years or so and our experience has been good to excellent; however, the bar is the main reason we return time after time. The bar is a small, well apointed room with about 10 tables and room for about 12 at the bar itself. The bartenders are outstanding; they are friendly and know how to blend the perfect drink. We have always been able to meet people, who like ouselves, are from out of the area. This has helped us to find places on the east coast that turned out to be worthwhile travel destinations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was much more then I expected. I wasn't sure what to think at first ( I booked off Hotwire.com). But when I got there I was blown area, it was so clean ad welcoming. The room was large and very clean! The indoor Amazing! The restaurant on site smelled wonderful, but we never got a chance to eat there. I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear MommaKitty,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. Thank you for all of your feedback about the hotel. We hope that you may choose us again for future visits. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went here on business and certainly good value for money.
It is notb in a central location but ok for where I needed to be.
The staff are really friendly - especially in the bar!
Good value meals with free early morning coffee and evening drinks

Room Tip: Room 318 was ok
Dear Scafell,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed one night and enjoyed the "Romance" package. Price included a delicious breakfast buffet and 2 adult beverages in the lounge. The room was clean and large but the bathroom was
a tad small but everything worked fine. The food was excellent and let you stay put especially on a cold or adverse weather visit. Some new rugs and a fresh coat of paint would increase this rating.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor with no noise from either above or next door so I would assume all are good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear John,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. We hope that you enjoyed the romance package. Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciate your feedback. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thanks so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

harrisburg, pa
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel itself was excellent.

The food service was horrible. I have Celiac and was VERY specific regarding my dinner. It wasn't difficult. Plain salad with oil and vinegar, filet PLAIN, baked potato, green beans -PLAIN. Pretty easy I would think...wrong! Salad with dressing, filet with a sauce on top, beans with all kinds of seasonings.
Next day for lunch I was told they had nothing for me to eat, thus I had no food until I left at 5:00 after my meeting. Oh and I was told to"just take the meat off the bread". I hope none of them experience Celiac!

3 Thank itisourtime
Radisson T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello Radisson Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your issues concerning our Food & Beverage Department with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Also, I will personally pass this information on to our Food & Beverage Director, along with our Restaurant Manager.

I appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

If your would like to speak further, then please contact me at the telephone number or e-mail address listed below. Please enjoy the rest of your day!

All the best,

Nicolette Thompson
Front Office Manager
215-638-8300 ext. 134
Nicolette.Thompson@Radisson.com
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 February 2014

the hotels is nice however the rooms are dated and need remodeling. Was stranded there due to bad weather. I dont think there had been anyone in the room for awhile it was stale and dusty with a stale smell. overall average rooms but dusty, dirty carpet, rooms need repainting and modernization. They had the adjustable air bed things and modern flat screen TV's so thats good. The rooms are just dusty, dirty and dated otherwise need modernization - tile etc.
having said that free wifi, free parking and overall hassle free when it comes to fees so thats good. The staff are friendly and helpful - more than most hotels - where you get the apathetic former fast food worker who could care less what happens to you because regardless they get paid the same. These folks were friendly and engaging and seemed really happy to help. Also the managers reception has real food on it - the day I was there it was pasta and some nice cheese and cherry tomato mix... not the usual cheap mass feeding red cross surplus beens and weenees or 2 month old nachos with melted hot Velveeta if this place cleans up the rooms and modernizes the infrastructure it will be excellent. Maybe Radisson will spend some money on the property.

Dear AZbizguy,

Thank you so much for telling us about your recent visit. We really appreciate your review. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the need for renovation. We really value your feedback and will use it to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Sincerely
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia  -  Bucks County
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!