“A reasonably clean mid level hotel pretending to be higher class”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Henryville, Pennsylvania
“A reasonably clean mid level hotel pretending to be higher class”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Pretense seems to be the watch word with this property. Lovely lobby with reasonable quality and attention to detail but markedly lacking once away from the lobby. In fact by the time you reach the ground floor elevators and pool entry area the decor and design has the charm of a high school building - effective and designed to wear well.

Sleep number beds but not kings or queen but full size beds - Berber type carpet with some wear showing especially near the bathroom door. The room was acceptable clean. Fridge and coffee maker. Bottled water in room - may change for it beware.

Nice looking bar but did not use.

Non smoking property thankfully.

This hotel has many good things but I would not choose to stay here unless at a discount. At a discount from say hotwire it is a good deal at rack rate I would be unhappy. It is a 2.5 star hotel trying to act like a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank timandJuliecan
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear ttimandjulie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time.

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got this hotel off a priceline deal-It was a beautiful room-great location-wonderful friendly staff. Beds are amazing they are sleep numbers:) As soon as we got to the room I received a courtesy call from the front desk checking to make sure everything was to my liking. I appreciated that very much:) Had all the amenities you need-fridge-TV-coffeemaker-nice size shower/bathroom. They did have an indoor pool that I unfortunately did not get to try but it looked nice. Also enjoyed the complimentary newspaper.

Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us. Thank you for mentioning what the hotel has to offer. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As I work for a travel company, of course I look at tripadvisor to check out hotels. This was not worth the stars it is rated. It started out poorly, as we were not so much as looked at upon arrival, much less greated. Once Brittany finally did greet us, she informed us that our king size bed was a "special order" and they were sold out, and that I had a double bed. My order was not a special order, especially when signing the "no smoking policy" and it showed that I ordered a room with a king. No enjoy your stay, no I'm sorry we can't accommodate. Nothing. As we walked toward the elevator all I could smell was chlorine. I'm well aware that indoor pools tend to smell stronger, however, the odor was so overwhelming I felt nauseated. I firmly believe the hotel is no-smoking now, however, I'm sure that it was once a smoking hotel as near every elevator and hallway there is a strong smoke smell that no new paint can cover. They might want to rethink new carpet and a facelift. The furniture in the room was lovely, however the popcorn ceiling, 90s wallpaper and carpet leave something to be desired. As did the sleep number beds that did not work-which was the main reason for us booking the hotel. It was not operator error, as we have a sleep number at home. Extremely disappointed in this entire experience.

2 Thank Kristin D
Radisson T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Kristin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced, including staff service & attitude, reservation accuracy, odors including chlorine & smoke, and a malfunctioning sleep number bed. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay. Thank you once again for your feedback. Have a great week.

All the best,

Nicolette Thompson
Front Office Manager
267-525-4003
Winchester
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 20 years or so and our experience has been good to excellent; however, the bar is the main reason we return time after time. The bar is a small, well apointed room with about 10 tables and room for about 12 at the bar itself. The bartenders are outstanding; they are friendly and know how to blend the perfect drink. We have always been able to meet people, who like ouselves, are from out of the area. This has helped us to find places on the east coast that turned out to be worthwhile travel destinations.

Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was much more then I expected. I wasn't sure what to think at first ( I booked off Hotwire.com). But when I got there I was blown area, it was so clean ad welcoming. The room was large and very clean! The indoor Amazing! The restaurant on site smelled wonderful, but we never got a chance to eat there. I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear MommaKitty,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. Thank you for all of your feedback about the hotel. We hope that you may choose us again for future visits. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went here on business and certainly good value for money.
It is notb in a central location but ok for where I needed to be.
The staff are really friendly - especially in the bar!
Good value meals with free early morning coffee and evening drinks

Room Tip: Room 318 was ok
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Scafell,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed one night and enjoyed the "Romance" package. Price included a delicious breakfast buffet and 2 adult beverages in the lounge. The room was clean and large but the bathroom was
a tad small but everything worked fine. The food was excellent and let you stay put especially on a cold or adverse weather visit. Some new rugs and a fresh coat of paint would increase this rating.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor with no noise from either above or next door so I would assume all are good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear John,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. We hope that you enjoyed the romance package. Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciate your feedback. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thanks so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia  -  Bucks County
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!