“For the Situation; It was Just Ok - would expect more for the money”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Cape Coral, Florida
“For the Situation; It was Just Ok - would expect more for the money”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in, I asked for a top floor and an end room; however we were given the 3rd floor and the room was right next to the elevator entrance. Not what I had asked for or had in mind.

During my reservation I had asked for extra towels and extra pillows. No such luck.

After a very long day of traveling, I took a shower to then get onto the computer to start a work project. However the Wi Fi at the hotel was so slow that it was impossible to complete the project. When I called the front desk and asked about it, I was told that they had a business office I could use. Well, it was 10:30 at night and I was in my PJ's so that wasn't going to happen.

It was quite a disappointment for the amount of money that they charge.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose to stay at Radisson Philadelphia NE because of its proximity to Sesame Place. We keep coming back because it’s a family friendly hotel, quiet, clean and professional. We’re very low maintenence folks and it’s nice to come in and get settled and not worry about partiers or street noise or craziness that can happen in hotels.

Each person I’ve spoken to at the front desk has been super-friendly and helpful, from directions to a local restaurant to getting change for a couple of dollars for the quarter-smashing machine at Sesame Place.

Staying here has actually become part of vacation for my children, the indoor heated pool is great. Mom and dad have a comfy and close place to sit with a snack and a drink, the girls swim til their hearts content. Or, they swim til mom and dad say “c’mon, it’s time for bed.”

Housekeeping always arranges the lovies so nicely, and pump the SleepNumber bed back up to a human number… the girls still love to flatten theirs down as low as it’ll go.

We’ve gotten room service before, and eaten in the Atrium restaurant, but the one true sign of decadence to the girls is breakfast in bed. (Drive thru donuts do the trick for us)

We’ll be down for another visit to Sesame Place again in a few weeks, and we’ll stay at Radisson again – I were told they will have daily activities for kids during the summer starting in midJune - We will be checking that out for sure!!

Room Tip: Ask if you'd like a fridge in your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vanessa F
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for telling us bout your visit with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We really appreciate all of our repeat guests. We are so glad to be your home away from home while you visit Sesame Place. Thank you for all of your kind words. We will be glad to share this with our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed 1 night on April 22, 2014, check in was efficient and quick. There were snacks in the lobby from 5 to 7 that were adequate. The bar had pleasant service and even though the food menu was limited the turkey sandwich was so large I had trouble eating it and took 1/2 back to the room. The room was large and clean with everything I expected. Wifi was strong and fast. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and the table service was good. If I am back in the area I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Bob,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. Thank you so much for all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Henryville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Pretense seems to be the watch word with this property. Lovely lobby with reasonable quality and attention to detail but markedly lacking once away from the lobby. In fact by the time you reach the ground floor elevators and pool entry area the decor and design has the charm of a high school building - effective and designed to wear well.

Sleep number beds but not kings or queen but full size beds - Berber type carpet with some wear showing especially near the bathroom door. The room was acceptable clean. Fridge and coffee maker. Bottled water in room - may change for it beware.

Nice looking bar but did not use.

Non smoking property thankfully.

This hotel has many good things but I would not choose to stay here unless at a discount. At a discount from say hotwire it is a good deal at rack rate I would be unhappy. It is a 2.5 star hotel trying to act like a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank timandJuliecan
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear ttimandjulie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time.

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got this hotel off a priceline deal-It was a beautiful room-great location-wonderful friendly staff. Beds are amazing they are sleep numbers:) As soon as we got to the room I received a courtesy call from the front desk checking to make sure everything was to my liking. I appreciated that very much:) Had all the amenities you need-fridge-TV-coffeemaker-nice size shower/bathroom. They did have an indoor pool that I unfortunately did not get to try but it looked nice. Also enjoyed the complimentary newspaper.

Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us. Thank you for mentioning what the hotel has to offer. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As I work for a travel company, of course I look at tripadvisor to check out hotels. This was not worth the stars it is rated. It started out poorly, as we were not so much as looked at upon arrival, much less greated. Once Brittany finally did greet us, she informed us that our king size bed was a "special order" and they were sold out, and that I had a double bed. My order was not a special order, especially when signing the "no smoking policy" and it showed that I ordered a room with a king. No enjoy your stay, no I'm sorry we can't accommodate. Nothing. As we walked toward the elevator all I could smell was chlorine. I'm well aware that indoor pools tend to smell stronger, however, the odor was so overwhelming I felt nauseated. I firmly believe the hotel is no-smoking now, however, I'm sure that it was once a smoking hotel as near every elevator and hallway there is a strong smoke smell that no new paint can cover. They might want to rethink new carpet and a facelift. The furniture in the room was lovely, however the popcorn ceiling, 90s wallpaper and carpet leave something to be desired. As did the sleep number beds that did not work-which was the main reason for us booking the hotel. It was not operator error, as we have a sleep number at home. Extremely disappointed in this entire experience.

2 Thank Kristin D
Radisson T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Kristin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced, including staff service & attitude, reservation accuracy, odors including chlorine & smoke, and a malfunctioning sleep number bed. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay. Thank you once again for your feedback. Have a great week.

All the best,

Nicolette Thompson
Front Office Manager
267-525-4003
Winchester
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 20 years or so and our experience has been good to excellent; however, the bar is the main reason we return time after time. The bar is a small, well apointed room with about 10 tables and room for about 12 at the bar itself. The bartenders are outstanding; they are friendly and know how to blend the perfect drink. We have always been able to meet people, who like ouselves, are from out of the area. This has helped us to find places on the east coast that turned out to be worthwhile travel destinations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia  -  Bucks County
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Been to Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!