“Ants”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ants”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here overnight New Years Eve. This would have been a perfect stay if it wasn't for the ants. Prices were good, room was nice, check in was easy, but our room had ants all over the floor. And its really sad because other than the ants, I have no real complaints. But the ants were just too much. If they can get an exterminator to take care of the ant problem, I would suggest this place. But until then...

Room Tip: Might have ants
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at The Red Roof Inn Trevose. At Red Roof we value our guests feedback.
I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations, please accept my apology. The issue of ants in your room has been addressed.
While I don't when your future plans may bring you to the area, we would appreciate you giving us another opportunity to give you a great stay.
Michael Whalen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This most recent experience with Red Roof Inn will be my last. I stayed here two times within a span of a week for work. The first time I got in really late. This chain loves to boast that it is 100% smoke free, yet My room reeked of cigarette smoke. I get very bad migraines when I smell smoke on an ongoing basis, and the chemical that they spray to try and cover up cigarette smell also gives me migraines. They didn't have any more rooms with king beds, so I had to sleep in a double bed with my husband and our dog;NOT comfortable. The second time, when I checked in I make it clear that I needed a smoke-free room, and requested a king bed. The employee happily told me that I had reserved a room with two double beds, so they couldn't accommodate me. I told him the last time I stayed here I was first given a king bed. His comment was that since I had booked through a "third party" (aka hotwire), that he wasn't able to change the room to a king sized bed for me. I have NEVER had a hotel tell me such bull before. they just couldn't switch the bed size?; preposterous!! I didn't feel like arguing though, so I figured I'd deal with the cramped situation one more time. Naturally, the room I was given smelled like smoke. So I got a room two doors down that....STILL smelled like smoke. It wasn't quite as strong of a smell, so I just slept with the window open (did I mention it was 23 degrees and there was a snow storm happening all night?). I also noticed a disgusting stain on the bed spread. And an infestation of ants! Gross and completely unacceptable. If you can afford to stay anywhere else, please do so.

Room Tip: If you're forced to stay here ask for a room that doesn't smell like smoke or chemical-used...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Travel G
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Trevose. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. I am sorry you had an issue with your stay, please accept my apology.
It is true that the agreement we have with our third party vendors such as Hotwire do not allow for changes in room type or rate. While they can offer attractive rates, there are restrictions that are attached.to using their site. The Red Roof is 100 % non smoking, it can be a challenge with the guests that do not wish to comply with the policy at times.
Our windows do not open, I am not sure about your refence to having the window open.
Again, I am sorry that you had an issue with your stay. We look forward to serving you better in the future.
General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Trevose hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here on Nov, 25th to 26th, check in didn't take long, got a room on the 1st floor at the 2nd building.

Room was big enough for 3 or 4 people, no mini microwave, or fridge, but very clean. Furnitures are in good conditions.

close to a mall (Neshaminy Mall), foods are just a few minutes away (by car).

The only complain i got, is that there is only 1 vending station, and it is a little too far for a girl to walk there during night times. (Lack of security)

Oh and the location was a little hard to see, you have to have your eyes open for the turn, if you missed it, you need to make a U-turn by 1: Turning onto the Parx Casino exit, or 2: At the next traffic light.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st building, if you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephy L
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have stayed away from this hotel but my trip brought me back. my first issue is that they didn't have my room right. they gave me another the ac made a lot of noise , gave me another they said the ac were new that one wasn't. always an issue at this inn. red roof at a whole are very good as long as they are corporate owned.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We arrived at the red roof inn. It was hard to find even with the big sign from the south. They were sold out. The service getting our room keys was painless and I had prepaid for the room using another site and that wasn't a problem either. I get to the room and it has been updated nicely. The bathroom is small but doable for our one night stay. So issues we had are tv remote didn't work. The biggest thing was the toilet was down for maintenance. It worked but the trash can was full of the toilet valve parts. The bag that it came with. The maintenance person used the washcloth and put it in the trashcan too. They even left parts from the chain and extra parts on the floor that they were too lazy to throw away. I even had to wash the dirt down the tub before I used it. I would have asked for a new room but they were sold out and it was almost 10pm when we got in. The toilet continued to self flush through the night. So whatever repair the maintenance person did didn't work. I did tell the front desk about it and took photos of the trash. They did nothing but take note of it. But I can't guarantee they did that either.

Room Tip: Go on a weekday where you can switch rooms should your toilet is broken or is a mess.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank William S
i0185, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for posting your recent review. I am sorry your experience here did not meet your expectations. At Red Roof we strive to give every guest a great stay, I am sorry this was not the case for you.
The issues you mention have been reviewed with our team to prevent a similar situation in the future.
Thank you for staying with us.. I do not know when your plans may bring you to the area. If they do , please contact me so we can show you what a perfect stay should be.
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Much improved since my visit a year ago! New 'non-smoking' policy in all the rooms, new, very comfy beds, flat screen TVs, rooms have all been upgraded. Very clean!! The AC unit kept the room comfortable, neither too hot nor too cold (and it was reasonably quiet when running). And the wifi-fi worked this year, too!! What a pleasure to spend some time there!

I would have given this 5 stars, but on the last morning of our visit, there was a problem with the hot water in the entire building (as in, there was none available), and it did not appear that it was going to be fixed prior to our departure that morning, so it was cold showers for everyone. But for that, I would have given this Red Roof 5 stars.

Room Tip: Personally, I upgraded to a Business King, as I wanted the fridge. The room was also larger, so the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Red Roof Inn Trevose-Bensalem. Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team. All of our rooms have been renovated with new mattress and box springs, bedding package, new color scheme, and a new lobby look. We are glad you enjoyed the upgrade.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Terrytown, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We travel with a large golden retriever and were looking for a pet friendly hotel close to Audubon, PA.
We have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn and didn't know what to expect. What we found was a very clean, modern, and comfortable room. It has recently been renovated and they did a wonderful job. We only stayed one night, but it was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a recent review regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Trevose-Bensalem. Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team. I will share your positive review with them.
Our newly renovated rooms are getting great feedback we are glad you enjoyed it.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Red Roof Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose? Share your experiences!