“Did not even stay the night”

Comfort Inn Trevose
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
summit, nj
“Did not even stay the night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have always been a fan of Comfort Inns, and I am completely comfortable in budget hotels. This property is far below budget hotel standards, and I am surprised Comfort Inn even allows this property to bear it's name. After checking in, I proceeded to my room. The front desk manager was very pleasant. That is the only saving grace to this property. Upon opening the door I was hit with an extremely strong cologne odor - as if someone had spilled an entire bottle on the carpet. The bathroom faucet was continuously dripping, and there were water stains on the bathroom ceiling. The carpet appeared relatively new - but overall this hotel is very run down. There were no tv remotes in the room. Strike one. When I called the front desk to inquire about the remotes, the front desk manager was very prompt in responding. I asked to be moved to another room due to the odor. I was given a key for a room down the hall. When I entered that room, the noise from the traffic outside was so loud I was sure the window had been left open, but it had not. I could not find a lock on the window, and even with the window "closed" it sounded like the cars were driving through the middle of the room. Strike two. I decided not to wait for strike three. Unfortunately I had prepaid for this room on hotels.com. Even so, I gathered my belongings and left the hotel. Stay at the Crowne Plaza .9 miles from this hotel. You will feel safer and sleep better. $80 per night is a great deal, but in this case you get less than you paid for.

Room Tip: If you chose to stay at this hotel, ask for a room in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank usasusie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I frequently stay at Comfort Inns. The price is always affordable, accomodations are clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast saves us time and money. We visit Philadelphia often, and this was our first time staying outside of the city. We stayed over New Year's Eve and I was shocked at how affordable the price was. Unlike many hotels near the city, parking was free here (and secure). The hotel was clean and tidy, we stayed in a king room non-smoking. It had a fridge and microwave combo which is rare to see anymore in budget hotels. The staff was pleasant. Check in and check out was simple. The breakfast (though not as extensive as other hotels in the chain) was fine (waffles, pastries, cereal, coffee). The fitness room has just 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical, but I was able to get my 5 mile run in without problems. We were headed into the city to see the Mummers Day parade. This hotel is just 5 minutes from a train stop (Somerton). Parking is free on weekends or $1 during the week and a train into the City Hall area is about $12 round-trip. It's a great alternative to trying to drive and park in the city. I would highly recommend this option to anyone wanting to visit the city but not pay the higer prices at hotels in center city. Remember, the Comfort Inn is part of the Choice Rewards program, so if you can consistently stay at hotels within that company, you earn points toward free hotel stays. It's a nice added bonus. I would definitely stay at this hotel again! In regards to other people's comments - I saw zero bed bugs and was not bothered by any traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. The location is VERY NOISY since it is adjacent to Route 1 and not far South of the PA turnpike. Upon arrival circa 7:30 PM, the Evening Desk Clerk was busy having a private phone conversation in the office, but promptly halted that to check me in. I handed him my ChoicePrivledges Reward card; he waved me off... "I have your info, sir". Then I proceeded to hand him my credit card and was again waved off with the same response. He then handed me an electronic room access card and off I went. I opened the door and thought I had the wrong room as every single light in the room was ON. Very odd. It made me think the staff had been using the room as a lounge. Despite the horrendous noise, I was able to fall asleep, only to be AWAKENED AT 3 AM by the Night Desk Clerk, who had abandoned his post and was undoubtedly looking to get some sleep on his shift. I was immediately overcome with a massive adrenaline rush and screamed at him: " WTF are you doing in my room!!!" A quick apology and he ran off into the night, leaving me shaken and disoriented. In the morning, I found the Night Desk Clerk and raised a ruckus while eating from the subpar breakfast bar (no yoghurt, no hot cocoa, no fruit, lukewarm milk, no granola bars, and the cheapest donuts money could buy). This appears to be one of many family run hotels and I was getting evil glares from the clerk's mother and sister (I presume that's who they were). I can bet they'd have a differnet opinion if I had violated the sanctity of their bedrooms at 3 AM. I brought this matter to the attention of the Day Desk Manager and told him that if anyone entered my room again (including the staff), I would be summoning the Pennsylvania State Police and pressing charges. I was told my privacy would be honored henceforth and that I would be receiving an additional 3000 ChoicePrivledge points as compensation. On a side note, the hotel is undergoing renovation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Trevose hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Killed two bed bugs sucking my baby management says they will give me refunds but it never happened

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Jguadez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This hotel is only mere minutes from Sesame Place, and a lot cheaper than staying right next door to the park. It's only a few minutes on the road and you're there. The room comes equipped with a dorm sized fridge and a microwave. Along with that there's a pool and the biggest perk is the breakfast room. There's yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, donuts, bagels, pastries, cereals and you can make your own waffles. We were so pleased when we stayed in May, that we decided to come again in August. Well worth the price. The rooms were nice, clean and very spacious for a pack and play. I travel with my husband, my 8 yr old and 2 yr old. So quality in a hotel is a must for me. Try this one, you can't beat it!

2 Thank Kolohegirl
LI NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Yes, it is older and shows wear. I saw no bugs and believe me I looked. Breakfast did suck, cereals in big jars looked dubious and a lady with ten kids monopolized the waffle maker.Coffee maker in room.
The sheets and bedding were clean, bathroom had two black curly hairs. Pool was small but well kept. Four minutes from Sesame and hundreds cheaper. If you are rich and picky, go stay at the really expensive place. If you are on a budget, try this place.

3 Thank Janine S
NYC, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I take several trips a year with my husband and two daughters (age 7 and 13) and this was the first time i booked without checking the reviews because it was last minute (spontaneous) decision to go to Sesame Place and we needed something quick! The place is old, carpet was worn, raised, my daughter saw roaches (pregnant) in the bathroom (219) in the room and in the breakfast area (by the coffee machine). The beds are double....i was not comfortable sleeping on a double when we have a queen at home...but the fear was that it may have bed bugs because the place just felt dirty. I suggested we check out and check in somewhere else, but my husband discouraged me saying that it would be fine. Thankfully no bites/bed bugs by the time it was morning,,however i will stay say that overall the place is a dump. The pool is tiny, not as depicted on the comfort inn website, it was located on the parking lot,,,with no shade, or coverage,, so that every random person parking their car would see right into the pool.

The Front desk staff was polite,professional, friendly, and was never rude despite the busy front desk/reception area. The cleaning staff however had big bundles of dirty sheets in laundry bins in the common elevator (no service elevator???) which i was grossed out about, and a staff person vacuumed the area while ppl were eating their breakfast, the 'free' computer/pc in the lobby was not working when we arrived,,furniture is old,,,this place NEEDS renovations BIG TIME.

Room Tip: i have none...
2 Thank JacquelineOnyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia  -  Bucks County

Been to Comfort Inn Trevose? Share your experiences!