“Very good stay, excellent service!”

Comfort Inn Trevose
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Brantford, Canada
“Very good stay, excellent service!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I along with our 3 year old stayed here from June 26 to the 29th, 2012 to visit Sesame Place and Philadelphia. It was not my first choice, the hotel I wanted raised their rates to $580.00 for 3 nights and the Comfort Inn was $275.00. My husband would not justify spending over $100.00 more per night based on the marginal reviews of the hotel I wanted. If it had gotten great reveiws, I would have made him spend the extra. But I figured let him have this win, and I'll have more money to shop with! Let me mention that I usually stay at Fairmonts, Hiltons or Marriots if possible and if not Hampton Inns, Hilton Garden Inns. I am a travel agent and travel a lot.

I had requested a late check in, and when we found ourselves there early (2pm), I was sure the room would not be ready, but to my surprise it was. We were on the 3rd floor and when we got off the elevator, I could smell smoke. I was very afraid that the room would be smoky, and that would be unacceptable to me. I was ready to tell my husband to turn around and get back in the car, but when I walked into the room, it didn't smell; at all! I was very surprised, and I don't know why it didn't smell of smoke, but I can honestly say that it did not smell smoky at all. There was construction in the hotel lobby and main floor, so perhaps I was smelling the drills or the carpet glue and just thought I smelled smoke. Regardless, the room was fine.
The A/C was a bit noisy, but nothing that would keep me awake at night. I shut it off when I was in the room during the day, as I prefer fresh air and I opened the windows.
What I didn't like was that there were no screens in the windows so I couldn't open them as wide as I wanted with a toddler in the room.

The hotel is on a very busy street (US #1), but for me that is a plus as everything is around it. There is a Dunkin Donuts, a 7/11, 2 gas stations and a liquor store within walking distance. Most restuarants are a short drive away, as is Walmart, shopping mall and Target.

The bed was fine, I slept well. I always bring my own pillow, anywhere I go, even if I am staying at a swanky hotel becasue I am very particular so I can't comment on those.
We had a King bed. The room itself was clean. The curtains were not as clean as I would have prefered. The carpet was new and clean. The sheets and blankets, the desk and TV area was clean. The bathroom was clean, new toilet, new sink (with a large counter), tub/shower unit was a bit older, but no visible mold. As mentioned, they are replacing the carpets and had completed the first floor by the time we left. They were also fixing up the lobby area.
My biggest complaint was that the coffee maker was situated in the bathroom. Gross and weird, since their is a desk area beside the TV where it would easily fit. Also, it took up a lot of the counter space in the bathroom. Needless to say, I did not use it.

The breakfast room requires new carpet and the chairs are very stained. It needed to be cleaned between guests. I only saw one lady restocking the breakfast and doing the cleanup, and she was always busy. I guess it makes more sense to make sure food is out and ready for guests and cleaning the tables etc would have to wait a little. It wasn't for lack of trying, she was working hard. It wasn't a mess, just a little sticky. Nothing horrible and she was wiping tables between guests, it just could have been a little cleaner.
The breakfast was fine. I am allergic to most foods, so I really didn't care, but my little girl was more than satisfied. They had scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage, hot (oatmeal) and 3 types of cold cereal (raisin bran, cheerios and fruit loops), yogurt, pastries, bread and muffins and oranges, apples and bananas. There was orange, cranberry juice and coffee (very good coffee, I might add). There was not as much selection as at other bigger hotels and it was repetitive. I wouldn't want to dine on this everyday for a week, but for three days, no big deal. My wish would have been for more fruit, as that was all I could eat out of this menu, but I that's my problem and I was fine with an apple and a coffee, I'm used to it.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool, so I don't know what that was like. The fitness room was adequate. Nothing fancy, older equipment, but all working. It's not Planet Fitness and for less than $100.00 a night, I don't know what people would expect.

I heard no noise from fellow guests during the night.

I was afraid, based on all the negative reviews of the past, but I noticed that lately, the reveiws have been better. I was pleasently surprised! We really enjoyed our stay. What made it even more enjoyable was the service of Neil Pandya at the front desk. As soon as we checked-in and Neil saw my little girl, he immediatley got her 2 bottles of water and some packaged cookies. Needless to say, she was very happy and with the weather being over 100 degrees the next day, we were very happy with the extra bottles of water (there were already 2 bottles and some cookies in the room) to take to Sesame Place. When we checked-out, he gave my daughter a little bag of chips which just made her day and gave her a reason to behave in the long car ride home.
Neil was excellent. He always came up to us and asked how we were enjoying out stay. We were unfamiliar with the area and needed directions several times. I lost my camera battery pack and when I asked Neil were to go to get one, he brought me an HHGregg flyer with the camera specials and gave us directions on how to get there, we would not have known where to go and we ended up buying anew camera instead of buying the battery pack. He also kindly thought of my daughter, and printed out directions to the Crayola Factory becasue he thought she would like it, I hadn't even asked! He knows the area well and his directions to the grocery store and some local restaurants were perfect. I cannot say enough about this young man! If he lived here in Canada, I would ask him to come and work for me!
Perhaps this hotel was not great before, and it is not a fancy place but I'm telling you honestly, it was clean and comfortable (cheap and cheerful). I enjoyed my stay. You can't beat the price and with someone like Neil at the front desk, who cares about his customers, I would most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel (facing the garbage skip), on floor 3, but it was quiet, so...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bonnie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

This is located on the main highway, and the air con was noisy, and so I turned it off. The reason it was noisy was to drown out the sound of the trucks rolling by outside the windows. Maybe if you get a room on the back side of the hotel it may be okay. I would not choose to go here again.

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I were looking to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and being parents were on a budget. I had no idea accommodations this modern and sleek, not to mention comfortable existed at such an affordable pricetag. Upon arrival we were greeted by great staff, the property manager, who was very friendly, welcoming and excited to have us there. The rooms were beyond compare without being overwhelming and the pool area felt like paradise with soothing music and a spa like feel. Thanks Comfort INN for all your hospitality, your great staff, atmosphere!!!!!Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George A
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2012

booked this hotel last minute,was a great move big comfortable beds ,a shower to die for,am a business owner brought my whole crew we all were comfortable beyond expectation, will most likely stay here any time in the area!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We spent the night at the Comfort INN after attending the Convention at the Wells Fargo Center. Everything was nice - clean and comfortable.Specially staff was very kind and help full!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dean C
Bensalem
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Clean & Comfortable Room, Very nice breakfast,, Great location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very disappointed by this low class Comfort Inn ... People were very nice; service was good but the hotel was not up to their class and standard...

Room was dirty; carpet full of stains and I woke up sneezing because of weird smell getting out of the ac unit (need to be clean). There is a weird paint smell in the hotel and the back of the hotel is filled with garbages...

Breakfast was ok; very basic as most hotels...

Worst part : fitness center out of date with old home equipment defective and even dangerous for guest!!! Looks like home equipment beat up and not intended for public use!!!

Well not my best experience with Comfort Inn and Choice Hotel !!!

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem

Been to Comfort Inn Trevose? Share your experiences!